PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!

April 24th 07, 10:14 PM
Situation:

I have a dog who will rip a cat's head off. This cat is hiding under
my house and I don't know what to do. My dog is going nuts. The cat
was in a tree in my yard recently and it came down in the middle of
the night and ate the sardines i left out for it to lure it down.
THEN it came back and is now under the house. I'm afraid my dog will
kill it.

What can i do!!!??? PLEASE help.

cybercat
April 24th 07, 10:24 PM
Restrain your dog.

??

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Situation:
>
> I have a dog who will rip a cat's head off. This cat is hiding under
> my house and I don't know what to do. My dog is going nuts. The cat
> was in a tree in my yard recently and it came down in the middle of
> the night and ate the sardines i left out for it to lure it down.
> THEN it came back and is now under the house. I'm afraid my dog will
> kill it.
>
> What can i do!!!??? PLEASE help.

cindys
April 24th 07, 10:24 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Situation:
>
> I have a dog who will rip a cat's head off. This cat is hiding under
> my house and I don't know what to do. My dog is going nuts. The cat
> was in a tree in my yard recently and it came down in the middle of
> the night and ate the sardines i left out for it to lure it down.
> THEN it came back and is now under the house. I'm afraid my dog will
> kill it.
>
> What can i do!!!??? PLEASE help.
----------
1. Put your dog inside your house.
2. Lure the cat out.
3. Find the cat's owner (ask your neighbor's if they know who the cat
belongs to).
4. If you can't find the owner, take the cat to a shelter.
5. If the dog needs to come outside to relieve himself during all of this,
bring him out on a leash or tie him up in a different part of your yard
where he won't be able to reach the cat.

Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Noon Cat Nick
April 24th 07, 10:26 PM
wrote:

>Situation:
>
>I have a dog who will rip a cat's head off. This cat is hiding under
>my house and I don't know what to do. My dog is going nuts. The cat
>was in a tree in my yard recently and it came down in the middle of
>the night and ate the sardines i left out for it to lure it down.
>THEN it came back and is now under the house. I'm afraid my dog will
>kill it.
>
>What can i do!!!??? PLEASE help.

Tether or confine the dog as far away from the cat as possible. You
might even have to take the dog to someone else's home or board it at a
kennel while the cat's hiding under the house. Once that's done, contact
Animal Control or the nearest shelter and ask them to bring a live trap,
or acquire a live trap and set it yourself. (They cost around $50US.) HTH.