PDA

View Full Version : Cat repellent

toronado455
April 24th 07, 11:24 PM
I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
cat repellent I can use?

Noon Cat Nick
April 25th 07, 12:36 AM
toronado455 wrote:

>I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
>keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
>cat repellent I can use?

Moth balls. Cats hate 'em. They also can't stand the scent of citrus and
bitter apple.

Matthew
April 25th 07, 12:56 AM
"Noon Cat Nick" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s21...
> toronado455 wrote:
>
>>I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
>>keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
>>cat repellent I can use?
>>

> Moth balls. Cats hate 'em. They also can't stand the scent of citrus and
> bitter apple.

Moth balls are also dangerous to cats and the citrus is not always true

Spot
April 25th 07, 01:24 AM
You should feel honored that they are leaving you these presents. It's what
cats do when they really like you.

Celeste

"toronado455" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> cat repellent I can use?

Lynne
April 25th 07, 03:40 PM
on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:24:41 GMT, "Spot" > wrote:

> You should feel honored that they are leaving you these presents.
> It's what cats do when they really like you.

Not everyone appreciates cats or their gifts.

To the OP, please do not put down moth balls. Try some double sided tape
around the area where these cats are leaving gifts. Cats hate that stuff
and it will not cause them harm.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Sherry
April 26th 07, 08:18 AM
On Apr 25, 9:40 am, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:24:41 GMT, "Spot" > wrote:
>
> > You should feel honored that they are leaving you these presents.
> > It's what cats do when they really like you.
>
> Not everyone appreciates cats or their gifts.
>
> To the OP, please do not put down moth balls. Try some double sided tape
> around the area where these cats are leaving gifts. Cats hate that stuff
> and it will not cause them harm.
>
> --
> Lynne

Ditto on the moth balls. I've heard the same thing about double-sided
tape; and also heard that cats hate walking on aluminum foil, although
I've never tried it.
If the OP really wanted to get elaborate, he could position a plant-
mister at the front door. Cats wouldn't come to the porch then, but
even a light mister would leave standing water after a while.
Personally I'd rather have the dead mice than a mudhole by the front
door.
Or what about those creepy motion-detector plastic frogs that go
"ribbit" when somebody walks by? (Or other equally creepy motion-
detector crap, like Travis the Trout or those horrid singing Christmas
decorations?)
But again, I'd rather just deal with the dead mouse than listen to a
singing fish every time I came by the front door.
Good luck with that.

Sherry

Sherry

toronado455
April 26th 07, 11:51 AM
On Apr 25, 7:40 am, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:24:41 GMT, "Spot" > wrote:
>
> > You should feel honored that they are leaving you these presents.
> > It's what cats do when they really like you.
>
> Not everyone appreciates cats or their gifts.
>
> To the OP, please do not put down moth balls. Try some double sided tape
> around the area where these cats are leaving gifts. Cats hate that stuff
> and it will not cause them harm.
>
> --
> Lynne

I need something that is going to work outdoors. Double sided tape
isn't going to stick to the rough surface of the area around my
doorstep very well and it will just attract dirt. And food items are
just going to attract insects and other pests. I don't want to solve
one problem by creating another.

Barry
April 26th 07, 11:59 AM
On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> cat repellent I can use?

spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse

they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...

for some reason, they are bringing you little presents

or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?

is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!

TUNA
TUNA

toronado455
April 26th 07, 07:40 PM
On Apr 26, 3:59 am, Barry > wrote:
> On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
>
> > I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> > keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> > cat repellent I can use?
>
> spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>
> they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>
> for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>
> or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>
> is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>
> TUNA
> TUNA

That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
maintain the effect.

What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?

Matthew
April 26th 07, 08:46 PM
"toronado455" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 26, 3:59 am, Barry > wrote:
>> On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
>>
>> > I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
>> > keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
>> > cat repellent I can use?
>>
>> spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>>
>> they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>>
>> for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>>
>> or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>>
>> is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>>
>> TUNA
>> TUNA
>
> That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> maintain the effect.
>
> What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?

They make a spray repellent that can be purchased at any pet store. Most
use chemical mixtures but I believe don't use other animal markings scent
you would get a cat like mine that would boldly walk up and cover the
marking not matter what predator it was.

Barry
April 26th 07, 10:25 PM
On Apr 26, 2:40 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 26, 3:59 am, Barry > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
>
> > > I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> > > keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> > > cat repellent I can use?
>
> > spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>
> > they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>
> > for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>
> > or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>
> > is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>
> > TUNA
> > TUNA
>
> That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> maintain the effect.
>
> What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?

or large cat poop from nursery lions and tigers
I read that on here

Matthew
April 26th 07, 10:33 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 26, 2:40 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

>> > spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>>
>> > they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>>
>> > for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>>
>> > or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>>
>> > is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>>
>> > TUNA
>> > TUNA
>>
>> That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
>> after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
>> away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
>> water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
>> maintain the effect.
>>
>> What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
>> Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?
>
> or large cat poop from nursery lions and tigers
> I read that on here

Of course you did
You posted it Barry :-)

Barry
April 27th 07, 02:24 AM
On Apr 26, 5:33 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
at on here

> Of course you did
> You posted it Barry :-)

do I detect singleness there Matt, as in buhbye blackbird?

as in YOU GO THE HOUSE TO YOURSELF AND NOBODY IS WATCHING YOU?

Matthew
April 27th 07, 03:16 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 26, 5:33 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> at on here
>>
>> Of course you did
>> You posted it Barry :-)
>
> do I detect singleness there Matt, as in buhbye blackbird?
>
> as in YOU GO THE HOUSE TO YOURSELF AND NOBODY IS WATCHING YOU?

<RASPBERRY>

Rene S.
April 27th 07, 03:42 PM

> I need something that is going to work outdoors. Double sided tape
> isn't going to stick to the rough surface of the area around my
> doorstep very well and it will just attract dirt. And food items are
> just going to attract insects and other pests. I don't want to solve
> one problem by creating another.

How about trying the CatStop, an ultra-sonic repellant that only cats
can hear. It emits a noise that cats don't like. I tested one for a
product review and it sent both of my (indoor) cats running. It runs
on batteries, so you don't need an outlet. Here's a link to one:
http://www.awesometools.com/catstop-cat-stop.asp

Note: it only works for cats' range of hearing, not any other critters.

Zippy
April 27th 07, 03:48 PM
On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> cat repellent I can use?

A couple of orange peels will do the trick.
Zippy

toronado455
April 27th 07, 11:42 PM
On Apr 27, 7:42 am, "Rene S." > wrote:
> > I need something that is going to work outdoors. Double sided tape
> > isn't going to stick to the rough surface of the area around my
> > doorstep very well and it will just attract dirt. And food items are
> > just going to attract insects and other pests. I don't want to solve
> > one problem by creating another.
>
> How about trying the CatStop, an ultra-sonic repellant that only cats
> can hear. It emits a noise that cats don't like. I tested one for a
> product review and it sent both of my (indoor) cats running. It runs
> on batteries, so you don't need an outlet. Here's a link to one:http://www.awesometools.com/catstop-cat-stop.asp
>
> Note: it only works for cats' range of hearing, not any other critters.

My problem is I can't do anything that is going to freak out my next
door neighbor's cat. I need to just deter the outdoor cats that come
here that don't belong to either me or my nextdoor neighbor.

toronado455
April 27th 07, 11:42 PM
On Apr 27, 7:48 am, Zippy > wrote:
> On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
>
> > I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> > keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> > cat repellent I can use?
>
> A couple of orange peels will do the trick.
> Zippy

And bring on the ants.

toronado455
April 27th 07, 11:47 PM
On Apr 26, 12:46 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "toronado455" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>
> >> they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>
> >> for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>
> >> or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>
> >> is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>
> >> TUNA
> >> TUNA
>
> > That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> > after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> > away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> > water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> > maintain the effect.
>
> > What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> > Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?
>
> They make a spray repellent that can be purchased at any pet store. Most
> use chemical mixtures but I believe don't use other animal markings scent
> you would get a cat like mine that would boldly walk up and cover the
> marking not matter what predator it was.

I sprayed some bleach/water mixture and a few minutes later a cat came
and lay down and rolled around on the sidewalk just 12" away from
where I sprayed it. So apparently the bleach smell isn't potent enough
to deter the cat! I may have to look into one of those commercial cat
repellents.

Barry
April 28th 07, 01:27 AM
On Apr 27, 6:47 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 26, 12:46 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>

> > "toronado455" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> > > That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> > > after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> > > away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> > > water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> > > maintain the effect.
>
> > > What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> > > Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?
>
> > They make a spray repellent that can be purchased at any pet store. Most
> > use chemical mixtures but I believe don't use other animal markings scent
> > you would get a cat like mine that would boldly walk up and cover the
> > marking not matter what predator it was.
>
> I sprayed some bleach/water mixture and a few minutes later a cat came
> and lay down and rolled around on the sidewalk just 12" away from
> where I sprayed it. So apparently the bleach smell isn't potent enough
> to deter the cat! I may have to look into one of those commercial cat
> repellents.

the bleach was just to remove cat pee smell from the area sprayed.

the more I question why your door, I can only believe it smells like
cats.
that's why the bleach. not to be a foul smell he didn't like.. but to
remove the pee smell.

but! if you was a hungry cat, and wanted to get some food...
you would bring a prize to a human door.. especially a door that
smells like other cats.

Barry
April 28th 07, 01:29 AM
On Apr 27, 6:42 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 27, 7:48 am, Zippy > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 24, 6:24 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
>
> > > I live in an apartment and I don't have a cat but other people's cats
> > > keep leaving dead birds at my door step. Is there some kind of safe
> > > cat repellent I can use?
>
> > A couple of orange peels will do the trick.
> > Zippy
>
> And bring on the ants.

how about feed the ****ing cat you **** ass hard hearted loser

toronado455
April 28th 07, 03:45 AM
On Apr 27, 5:29 pm, Barry > wrote:
> On Apr 27, 6:42 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

> > > A couple of orange peels will do the trick.
> > > Zippy
>
> > And bring on the ants.
>
> how about feed the ****ing cat you **** ass hard hearted loser

I don't hate cats! I just don't want garbage lying around outside
either. Anymore than I want disgusting dismembered bird corpses lying
around.

Barry[_3_]
April 28th 07, 03:56 AM
toronado455 wote:

> ah' duzn't hate cats! Right on! ah' plum duzn't wants' garbage lyin' around outside
> eider. Ah be baaad... No mo' dan ah' wants' disgustin' dismembered bird co'pses lyin'
> around.

then earwier he say

"ah live in an apartment an' ah doesn't haf a houn'dog but other
varmints's cats keep leavin' daid birds at mah dore step. Is thar some
kind of safe cat repellent ah can use?"

--

I'm mowe intewested in figuwing out why they do it. see. then you can
get wid of the weason why.

is it a smeww? I think it must be!

why does youw enamored gawwic apawtment smeww wike food

toronado455
April 28th 07, 04:29 AM
On Apr 27, 7:56 pm, Barry > wrote:
> toronado455 wote:
>
> > ah' duzn't hate cats! Right on! ah' plum duzn't wants' garbage lyin' around outside
> > eider. Ah be baaad... No mo' dan ah' wants' disgustin' dismembered bird co'pses lyin'
> > around.
>
> then earwier he say
>
> "ah live in an apartment an' ah doesn't haf a houn'dog but other
> varmints's cats keep leavin' daid birds at mah dore step. Is thar some
> kind of safe cat repellent ah can use?"
>
> --
>
> I'm mowe intewested in figuwing out why they do it. see. then you can
> get wid of the weason why.
>
> is it a smeww? I think it must be!
>
> why does youw enamored gawwic apawtment smeww wike food

C'mon. Do I really sound like that?

It's possible that my next door neighbor is doing the cooking you are
talking about. But I'm not. The cat is actually bringing the birds for
the next door neighbor who is nice to the cat and lets it sleep on
their patio and probably feeds it too. Our front doors are very close
and we share a common front entry way. So I have to deal with any
"gifts" that are left out there in the walkway, because my neighbor
doesn't clean up after them.

sheelagh
April 28th 07, 03:24 PM
On 27 Apr, 23:47, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 26, 12:46 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>

> > "toronado455" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> > > That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> > > after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> > > away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> > > water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> > > maintain the effect.
>
> > > What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> > > Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?
>
> > They make a spray repellent that can be purchased at any pet store. Most
> > use chemical mixtures but I believe don't use other animal markings scent
> > you would get a cat like mine that would boldly walk up and cover the
> > marking not matter what predator it was.
>
> I sprayed some bleach/water mixture and a few minutes later a cat came
> and lay down and rolled around on the sidewalk just 12" away from
> where I sprayed it. So apparently the bleach smell isn't potent enough
> to deter the cat! I may have to look into one of those commercial cat
> repellents.- Hide quoted text -

Bleach is fatal to cats in quantity & frequency, and not a very good
idea if one of them happens to have a thirst on either. I wouldn't use
that again just in case you kill that cat, or worse, your neighbors
cat. somehow I don't think they would thank you too much, do you?
(considering I have caught Tiggy Drinking the water out of Paul's
teeth cleaning solution,(ROFLMAO)..you better believe they would drink
it too!!
I had to hide the teeth in the end so she couldn't try that one out
again....
S;o)

sheelagh
April 28th 07, 03:27 PM
On 26 Apr, 22:25, Barry > wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2:40 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

> > > spray the exterior of your apt... with bleach and rinse
>
> > > they MUST be smelling other cat sprayings...
>
> > > for some reason, they are bringing you little presents
>
> > > or.. you are habitually cooking something they can smell?
>
> > > is there any tuna smell in the house? LOL JUST KIDDING YO!
>
> > > TUNA
> > > TUNA
>
> > That's interesting because I use a bleach/water mixture to clean up
> > after they leave these disgusting "gifts" and that seems to keep them
> > away for a while. I suppose I could fill a spray bottle with a bleach/
> > water mixture and just spray a little around every few days to
> > maintain the effect.
>
> > What about the commercially available cat repellents? Don't they use
> > Coyote urine or something? Sounds awful but does it work?
>
> or large cat poop from nursery lions and tigers
> I read that on here- Hide quoted text -

Imagine a Liger one...?
I will just go and see if Ringo can oblige....>"o"<
S;o)

toronado455
April 28th 07, 07:00 PM
On Apr 28, 7:24 am, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 27 Apr, 23:47, toronado455 > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 26, 12:46 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > > "toronado455" > wrote in message
>
> > ups.com...

> > > They make a spray repellent that can be purchased at any pet store. Most
> > > use chemical mixtures but I believe don't use other animal markings scent
> > > you would get a cat like mine that would boldly walk up and cover the
> > > marking not matter what predator it was.
>
> > I sprayed some bleach/water mixture and a few minutes later a cat came
> > and lay down and rolled around on the sidewalk just 12" away from
> > where I sprayed it. So apparently the bleach smell isn't potent enough
> > to deter the cat! I may have to look into one of those commercial cat
> > repellents.- Hide quoted text -

> Bleach is fatal to cats in quantity & frequency, and not a very good
> idea if one of them happens to have a thirst on either. I wouldn't use
> that again just in case you kill that cat, or worse, your neighbors
> cat. somehow I don't think they would thank you too much, do you?
> (considering I have caught Tiggy Drinking the water out of Paul's
> teeth cleaning solution,(ROFLMAO)..you better believe they would drink
> it too!!
> I had to hide the teeth in the end so she couldn't try that one out
> again....
> S;o)

When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
believe me.

Bawwy
April 28th 07, 09:07 PM
toronado455 wote:

> When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
> so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
> is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
> believe me.

If you feed the cat(s), capture them, de-sex them...
we'll be your good friends.

so! are you going to capture them have them de-sexed?]

you may as well, you ain't doing nothing else!

Dad Wellar
April 28th 07, 10:03 PM
Bawwy wrote:
> toronado455 wote:
>
>> When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
>> so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
>> is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
>> believe me.
>
> If you feed the cat(s), capture them, de-sex them...
> we'll be your good friends.
>
> so! are you going to capture them have them de-sexed?]
>
> you may as well, you ain't doing nothing else!

Where is my can of Barry repellent when I need it... damn!

cybercat
April 28th 07, 10:29 PM
"Dad Wellar" > wrote in message
> Bawwy wrote:
>> toronado455 wote:
>>
>>> When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
>>> so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
>>> is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
>>> believe me.
>>
>> If you feed the cat(s), capture them, de-sex them...
>> we'll be your good friends.
>>
>> so! are you going to capture them have them de-sexed?]
>>
>> you may as well, you ain't doing nothing else!
>>

> Where is my can of Barry repellent when I need it... damn!

Awww, Barry has another fanboi.

Bawwy
April 28th 07, 11:18 PM
cybercat wote:

> Awww, Barry has another fanboi.

http://tinyurl.com/ysau25

have your people call mine, rate is same as usual.

tnx

sheelagh
April 29th 07, 03:28 PM
On 28 Apr, 22:29, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Dad Wellar" > wrote in message

> > Bawwy wrote:
> >> toronado455 wote:

> >> If you feed the cat(s), capture them, de-sex them...
> >> we'll be your good friends.
>
> >> so! are you going to capture them have them de-sexed?]
>
> >> you may as well, you ain't doing nothing else!
>
> > Where is my can of Barry repellent when I need it... damn!
>
> Awww, Barry has another fanboi.- Hide quoted text -

Sweet isn't it?
S;o)

Barry
April 29th 07, 05:50 PM
On Apr 29, 10:28 am, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 28 Apr, 22:29, "cybercat" > wrote:

> > > Where is my can of Barry repellent when I need it... damn!
>
> > Awww, Barry has another fanboi.- Hide quoted text -

> Sweet isn't it?
> S;o)

im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men

sheelagh
April 29th 07, 06:23 PM
On 29 Apr, 17:50, Barry > wrote:
> On Apr 29, 10:28 am, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > Awww, Barry has another fanboi.- Hide quoted text -

> > Sweet isn't it?
> > S;o)
>
> im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men- Hide quoted text -

ROFLMFAO...
Go on then, I bet Grandma Parrish will whoop my arse for me, hey?

Barry
April 29th 07, 06:28 PM
On Apr 29, 1:23 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 29 Apr, 17:50, Barry > wrote:

> > > Sweet isn't it?
> > > S;o)
>
> > im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men- Hide quoted text -

> ROFLMFAO...
> Go on then, I bet Grandma Parrish will whoop my arse for me, hey?

lol, noooo, "them men" not youuuuuuuuuu

ZONK!!!!

<KNOCKED YOU OUT WITH A PILLOW>

Sherry
April 29th 07, 06:35 PM
On Apr 28, 1:00 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 28, 7:24 am, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > ups.com...

> > > I sprayed some bleach/water mixture and a few minutes later a cat came
> > > and lay down and rolled around on the sidewalk just 12" away from
> > > where I sprayed it. So apparently the bleach smell isn't potent enough
> > > to deter the cat! I may have to look into one of those commercial cat
> > > repellents.- Hide quoted text -

> > Bleach is fatal to cats in quantity & frequency, and not a very good
> > idea if one of them happens to have a thirst on either. I wouldn't use
> > that again just in case you kill that cat, or worse, your neighbors
> > cat. somehow I don't think they would thank you too much, do you?
> > (considering I have caught Tiggy Drinking the water out of Paul's
> > teeth cleaning solution,(ROFLMAO)..you better believe they would drink
> > it too!!
> > I had to hide the teeth in the end so she couldn't try that one out
> > again....
> > S;o)
>
> When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
> so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
> is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
> believe me.- Hide quoted text -

Cleaning the walk with a bleach solution isn't harmful to the cats at
all. Any residual
or fumes would dissipate outdoors almost instantly.
You sound like you just want to stop taking responsibility for someone
else's
cat's dead birds but not at the expense of hurting the cat. I
sincerely
hope you find a solution. Wish I had one for you. I'd rather clean up
anything than a dismembered bird or rodent.

Sherry

cybercat
April 29th 07, 07:03 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 29, 10:28 am, sheelagh > wrote:

>> > Awww, Barry has another fanboi.- Hide quoted text -

>> Sweet isn't it?
>> S;o)
>
> im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men

bayyyyybeeeeee

sheelagh
April 29th 07, 07:34 PM
On 29 Apr, 18:28, Barry > wrote:
> On Apr 29, 1:23 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men- Hide quoted text -

> > ROFLMFAO...
> > Go on then, I bet Grandma Parrish will whoop my arse for me, hey?
>
> lol, noooo, "them men" not youuuuuuuuuu
>
> ZONK!!!!
>
> <KNOCKED YOU OUT WITH A PILLOW>- Hide quoted text -

I realised, lol...
I must say, you were lucky, my grandma used to chase us with her
favourite fish frying pan...

<DONK!! G'Night>

Barry
April 29th 07, 07:36 PM
On Apr 29, 2:03 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message

> > im only 8 years old, im telling my parents on them men
>
> bayyyyybeeeeee

been a long time since I walked in the moonlight -lz

sheelagh
April 29th 07, 07:38 PM
On 29 Apr, 18:35, Sherry > wrote:
> On Apr 28, 1:00 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

> > > Bleach is fatal to cats in quantity & frequency, and not a very good
> > > idea if one of them happens to have a thirst on either. I wouldn't use
> > > that again just in case you kill that cat, or worse, your neighbors
> > > cat. somehow I don't think they would thank you too much, do you?
> > > (considering I have caught Tiggy Drinking the water out of Paul's
> > > teeth cleaning solution,(ROFLMAO)..you better believe they would drink
> > > it too!!
> > > I had to hide the teeth in the end so she couldn't try that one out
> > > again....
> > > S;o)
>
> > When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
> > so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
> > is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
> > believe me.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Cleaning the walk with a bleach solution isn't harmful to the cats at
> all. Any residual
> or fumes would dissipate outdoors almost instantly.
> You sound like you just want to stop taking responsibility for someone
> else's
> cat's dead birds but not at the expense of hurting the cat. I
> sincerely
> hope you find a solution. Wish I had one for you. I'd rather clean up
> anything than a dismembered bird or rodent.
>
> Sherry- Hide quoted text -

If I implied that the soloution was toxic, it weasn't my intent.

I was trying to suggest that drinking it would be, if in large
quanties, regularly....
S;o)

toronado455
April 30th 07, 01:34 AM
On Apr 29, 10:35 am, Sherry > wrote:
> On Apr 28, 1:00 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

> > > Bleach is fatal to cats in quantity & frequency, and not a very good
> > > idea if one of them happens to have a thirst on either. I wouldn't use
> > > that again just in case you kill that cat, or worse, your neighbors
> > > cat. somehow I don't think they would thank you too much, do you?
> > > (considering I have caught Tiggy Drinking the water out of Paul's
> > > teeth cleaning solution,(ROFLMAO)..you better believe they would drink
> > > it too!!
> > > I had to hide the teeth in the end so she couldn't try that one out
> > > again....
> > > S;o)
>
> > When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
> > so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
> > is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
> > believe me.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Cleaning the walk with a bleach solution isn't harmful to the cats at
> all. Any residual
> or fumes would dissipate outdoors almost instantly.
> You sound like you just want to stop taking responsibility for someone
> else's
> cat's dead birds but not at the expense of hurting the cat.

Precisely.

>I sincerely
> hope you find a solution. Wish I had one for you. I'd rather clean up
> anything than a dismembered bird or rodent.
>
> Sherry

Thank you for being a voice of reason and understanding here!

James
April 30th 07, 01:43 AM
On Apr 29, 8:34 pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 29, 10:35 am, Sherry > wrote:

> > > When I use bleach I rinse down the cement afterwards with pure water
> > > so there is no danger. Anything else I spray dries instantly so there
> > > is nothing to drink. I'm not going to do anything to hurt any cats,
> > > believe me.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > Cleaning the walk with a bleach solution isn't harmful to the cats at
> > all. Any residual
> > or fumes would dissipate outdoors almost instantly.
> > You sound like you just want to stop taking responsibility for someone
> > else's
> > cat's dead birds but not at the expense of hurting the cat.
>
> Precisely.
>
> >I sincerely
> > hope you find a solution. Wish I had one for you. I'd rather clean up
> > anything than a dismembered bird or rodent.
>
> > Sherry
>
> Thank you for being a voice of reason and understanding here!- Hide quoted text -

This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.

Matthew
April 30th 07, 01:50 AM
"James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 29, 8:34 pm, toronado455 > wrote:

>> > Cleaning the walk with a bleach solution isn't harmful to the cats at
>> > all. Any residual
>> > or fumes would dissipate outdoors almost instantly.
>> > You sound like you just want to stop taking responsibility for someone
>> > else's
>> > cat's dead birds but not at the expense of hurting the cat.
>>
>> Precisely.
>>
>> >I sincerely
>> > hope you find a solution. Wish I had one for you. I'd rather clean up
>> > anything than a dismembered bird or rodent.
>>
>> > Sherry
>>
>> Thank you for being a voice of reason and understanding here!- Hide
>> quoted text -

> This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
> took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
> around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.

Garlic is dangerous to cats

Cheryl
April 30th 07, 02:55 AM
On Sun 29 Apr 2007 08:50:44p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

>> This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a
>> wiff. She took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some
>> garlic powder around your door. If nothing else, it will keep
>> it vampire free.
>>

> Garlic is dangerous to cats

Heh, that's what they say. An ironically some pet food companies
actually put garlic in to make it more palatable.

--
Cheryl

Sherry
April 30th 07, 03:12 AM
On Apr 29, 7:50 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Precisely.

> >> Thank you for being a voice of reason and understanding here!- Hide
> >> quoted text -

> > This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
> > took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
> > around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.
>
> Garlic is dangerous to cats- Hide quoted text -

Garlic *fed* to cats *in sufficient quantities* causes anemia. There
was a trend with the
natural remedy folks to feed garlic to cats & dogs to repel fleas. I
think that warning
pertains more to that practice.
I really, seriously doubt a cat is going to eat garlic powder
sprinkled on the ground though.

Sherry

sheelagh
April 30th 07, 03:59 PM
On 30 Apr, 01:50, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Precisely.

> >> Thank you for being a voice of reason and understanding here!- Hide
> >> quoted text -

> > This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
> > took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
> > around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.
>
> Garlic is dangerous to cats- Hide quoted text -

Is this because it is related to the onion family?
S;o)

Matthew
April 30th 07, 05:13 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 29, 7:50 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "James" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> > This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
>> > took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
>> > around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.
>>
>> Garlic is dangerous to cats- Hide quoted text -
>>
> Garlic *fed* to cats *in sufficient quantities* causes anemia. There
> was a trend with the
> natural remedy folks to feed garlic to cats & dogs to repel fleas. I
> think that warning
> pertains more to that practice.
> I really, seriously doubt a cat is going to eat garlic powder
> sprinkled on the ground though.
>
> Sherry

Sherry think about that last statement you know cats as well as I do. You
know there will be a cat that will do it

Matthew
April 30th 07, 05:14 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 30 Apr, 01:50, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "James" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> > This might work. I was trimming garlic and my pussy got a wiff. She
>> > took off like a shot. Maybe you can sprinkle some garlic powder
>> > around your door. If nothing else, it will keep it vampire free.
>>
>> Garlic is dangerous to cats- Hide quoted text -

> Is this because it is related to the onion family?
> S;o)

Yes both garlic and onions can cause blood problems

Rene S.
May 2nd 07, 02:43 AM
On Apr 27, 5:42?pm, toronado455 > wrote:
> On Apr 27, 7:42 am, "Rene S." > wrote:
>
> > > I need something that is going to work outdoors. Double sided tape
> > > isn't going to stick to the rough surface of the area around my
> > > doorstep very well and it will just attract dirt. And food items are
> > > just going to attract insects and other pests. I don't want to solve
> > > one problem by creating another.
>
> > How about trying theCatStop, an ultra-sonic repellant that only cats
> > can hear. It emits a noise that cats don't like. I tested one for a
> > product review and it sent both of my (indoor) cats running. It runs
> > on batteries, so you don't need an outlet. Here's a link to one:http://www.awesometools.com/catstop-cat-stop.asp
>
> > Note: it only works for cats' range of hearing, not any other critters.
>
> My problem is I can't do anything that is going to freak out my next
> door neighbor's cat. I need to just deter the outdoor cats that come
> here that don't belong to either me or my nextdoor neighbor.

How about using some plastic carpet runner, placed upside down
(prickly side up)? It's inexpensive, easy to move and clean, and can
be placed where ever you need it! Cats don't like walking on it and
should avoid the area.

toronado455
May 18th 07, 07:31 PM
On May 1, 6:43 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:

> How about using some plastic carpet runner, placed upside down
> (prickly side up)? It's inexpensive, easy to move and clean, and can
> be placed where ever you need it! Cats don't like walking on it and
> should avoid the area.

This is an outdoor area shared by a neighbor. It isn't my personal
walk way so I can't put something like that down.
I'd be willing to try the ultrasonic CatStop, but it's kinda
expensive. I'm willing to get it if it will really work, but was
wondering about those croaking frogs. Does anyone know if those work?
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1179512906/ref=sr_1_1/601-4076740-5475320?ie=UTF8&asin=B000FKOX8K