PDA

View Full Version : Ping Cat Protector

CatNipped
April 27th 07, 01:34 PM
I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your cats whom
you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You might want to
reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to www.itchmo.com
to read all of them.

Full details at:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buffalo-recalls-all-canned-dog-and-cat-food-as-well-as-treats_20070427

BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
Treats

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
recalls on Thursday.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lynne
April 27th 07, 07:07 PM
on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:34:43 GMT, "CatNipped" >
wrote:

> I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your
> cats whom you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You
> might want to reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!

I sincerely hope his/her cats are not effected. I also hope s/he will STFU
now!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Barry
April 27th 07, 07:20 PM
On Apr 27, 2:07 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:34:43 GMT, "CatNipped" >
> wrote:
>
> > I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your
> > cats whom you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You
> > might want to reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!
>
> I sincerely hope his/her cats are not effected. I also hope s/he will STFU
> now!
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

is your name cat protector?

Sherry
April 28th 07, 01:29 AM
On Apr 27, 7:34 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your cats whom
> you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You might want to
> reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!
>
> There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go towww.itchmo.com
> to read all of them.
>
> Full details at:http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buffalo-recalls-all-canned-dog-and-ca...
>
> BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
> Treats
>
> Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:
>
> * All Blue brand can dog foods
> * All Spa Select brand can cat foods
> * All Blue Health Bar treats.
>
> The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
> these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
> contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
> recalls on Thursday.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
because it contained rice protein, but
that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
it is tainted?
I also hope his cats are okay.

Sherry

Barry
April 28th 07, 01:36 AM
On Apr 27, 8:29 pm, Sherry > wrote:

> Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
> because it contained rice protein, but
> that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
> it is tainted?
> I also hope his cats are okay.
>
> Sherry

-L. mentioned bad rice last winter. this is probably the same rice.
rice carrying ecoli dna I think

Lynne
April 28th 07, 01:46 AM
on Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:29:40 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

> Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
> because it contained rice protein, but
> that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
> it is tainted?

Oh I seriously doubt that food will test negative. Blue Buffalo may say
they weren't aware of the ingredient being added to their food and they may
claim "product tampering" but you can damn well bet SOMEONE at that company
knew and knows and that is why they pulled the product.

I don't believe this finger pointing for a second.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

blkcatgal
April 28th 07, 04:55 AM
And if you read some of the blogs at itchmo.com, you'd find that there are a
number of people who have sick cats or cats that have died because they have
eated Fancy Feast, even though it is not on the recall list. These problems
have been reported to the FDA.

S.