PDA

View Full Version : Coloring in cat crunchies

blair thompson
April 27th 07, 07:23 PM
I was wondering which dry cat foods available out there are produced
without artificial coloring to the pellets.The dyeing must be to
please the owners because aren't cats color-blind?

My cats when horking up the inevitable hairball, usually expel
partially-digested food also which tends to stain my wall-to-wall
carpets. I have a couple of stains which despite industrious cleaning
now appear to be "set", i.e. permanent.

Any brand-name suggestions? Thanks.
Blair.

Barry
April 27th 07, 07:39 PM
On Apr 27, 2:23 pm, blair thompson > wrote:
> I was wondering which dry cat foods available out there are produced
> without artificial coloring to the pellets.The dyeing must be to
> please the owners because aren't cats color-blind?
>
> My cats when horking up the inevitable hairball, usually expel
> partially-digested food also which tends to stain my wall-to-wall
> carpets. I have a couple of stains which despite industrious cleaning
> now appear to be "set", i.e. permanent.
>
> Any brand-name suggestions? Thanks.
> Blair.

have you shopped at a pet food store?
you could for example, pay 10 bux for a 20 lb bag of something healthy

or switch to wet food

Matthew
April 27th 07, 07:44 PM
"blair thompson" > wrote in message
>I was wondering which dry cat foods available out there are produced
> without artificial coloring to the pellets.The dyeing must be to
> please the owners because aren't cats color-blind?

If they are my Rumble must be one hell of a smart cat he can identify which
treat out of which bag he wants. The bags are colored and air sealed

> My cats when horking up the inevitable hairball, usually expel
> partially-digested food also which tends to stain my wall-to-wall
> carpets. I have a couple of stains which despite industrious cleaning
> now appear to be "set", i.e. permanent.
>
> Any brand-name suggestions? Thanks.
> Blair.

Purina or Iams both have solid brown food no colored pieces

bookie
April 28th 07, 12:29 AM

> My cats when horking up the inevitable hairball, usually expel
> partially-digested food also which tends to stain my wall-to-wall
> carpets. I have a couple of stains which despite industrious cleaning
> now appear to be "set", i.e. permanent.

this could be a whole new opportunity for you and your cats; why don't
you pull up the carpet, cut out the newly patterned sections, mount
them in frames and hang them in poncy galleries and name them things
like "Tiddles, breakfast, monday 23/4/07" or "Tigger, dinner, tuesday
5/11/06" and sell them as art at hugely inflated prices. pretentious
art collectors will be falling over themselves to buy them. Not only
will you be able to pay for a new carpet quickly and easily that way
but the porfits will cover vets bills, food etc and you coudl get a
production line going with your cats knocking out new 'masterpieces'
every other mealtime.

whaddaya think?

bookie

Barry
April 28th 07, 12:51 AM
On Apr 27, 7:29 pm, bookie > wrote:
<snip art fraud>
> this could be a whole new opportunity for you and your cats; why don't

> whaddaya think?
>
> bookie

I am guessing you ate the whole pan of burnt brownies

Rhonda
April 29th 07, 07:55 PM
I'm glad you're changing food. If you get a better food, they should
throw up less.

We use Natura California Natural. You can't find that at PetCo or
PetSmart though, you have to go to a natural pet food store. If you can
only get to one of those 2 stores above, they still will have lots of
better kinds than what you now have. Ask if they have samples.

Cats are color blind to red and green, they see one as black and one as
white. I think red is black. They can see some blues and yellows, but
lighter than we see them.

Rhonda