PDA

View Full Version : She wanted to get out, but she didn't think the easiest route out first....

Lilly's Mum
April 28th 07, 05:17 PM
It was a nice sunny day in the land of cat & humans, & Lilly was
determined to get outside for a nice breath of fresh air.
Unfortunately, she wasn't thinking on her paw- pad's that day, or she
would have hit the obvious target first time round...

Instead, she entertained us to a wonderful hour long show & taught us
all of her tactical tricks. She tried going over the fence, around the
fence then straight through the fence.. but the cellulite held her
back,(damned those cellulite thigh's, LOL)...
In the end she came right down and sat on my lap whilst she considered
the problem and had a quick bite of fresh chicken to help the thought
process through.. then flew off my lap & hit the home target first
time; Tilly of course...!!

Who else would feel as sorry for her as she does? No one..!!
so after roughly 3wonderful silky leg weaves, Tilly got straight up &
took her outside so that they could enjoy the sun and the garden
together...

And you could see Lilly thinking damn, why didn't I think of this the
first time round?
She certainly made a good show of it all though, ROFLOL
S.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TRIALSANDTRIBULATIONSOFLILLY

bookie
April 28th 07, 05:31 PM
On 28 Apr, 17:17, Lilly's Mum > wrote:
> It was a nice sunny day in the land of cat & humans, & Lilly was
> determined to get outside for a nice breath of fresh air.
> Unfortunately, she wasn't thinking on her paw- pad's that day, or she
> would have hit the obvious target first time round...
>
> Instead, she entertained us to a wonderful hour long show & taught us
> all of her tactical tricks. She tried going over the fence, around the
> fence then straight through the fence.. but the cellulite held her
> back,(damned those cellulite thigh's, LOL)...
> In the end she came right down and sat on my lap whilst she considered
> the problem and had a quick bite of fresh chicken to help the thought
> process through.. then flew off my lap & hit the home target first
> time; Tilly of course...!!
>
> Who else would feel as sorry for her as she does? No one..!!
> so after roughly 3wonderful silky leg weaves, Tilly got straight up &
> took her outside so that they could enjoy the sun and the garden
> together...
>
> And you could see Lilly thinking damn, why didn't I think of this the
> first time round?
> She certainly made a good show of it all though, ROFLOL
> S.
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TRIALSANDTRIBULATIONSOFL...

she is so beautiful, that fur is so soft and silky, and those eyes are
so blue, how could anyone deny her anything? i am a bit concerned
about the fence thing though; will they not get caught and stuck
between the patio windows/doors and the netting?

bookie

Lilah Morgan
April 28th 07, 06:10 PM
haha that reminds me of my cat's(Joxer) attempts to get in my room one time
a few months after I got him. I usually kept my bedroom window open for him,
and there was a thing underneath the window that he could get onto, making
the jump into my window not as far. However one time, I had the window
closed. And at the time, my computer desk was on the other side of the room
from the window, and I was doing something on my computer, and I heard this
THUD! sound, and I turn to look, and I see a blur, I get up and walk to the
window, and by the time I get there, he's tried like 2 or 3 more times to
jump through the window. He didn't hurt himself at least, the window was
fine, and he just fell back onto the soft grass. When I opened the window
and put my arm through it, saying Look it's ok, you can get through now, he
just sat there giving me a look as if to say "Uh-uh! I ain't trying that
again!". After that incident, when he wanted in, he would put his paw up on
the window to A: see if it was open or closed, and B: tap/knock on the
window if it was closed so I'd know to let him in.

Lilly's Mum
April 28th 07, 06:27 PM
On 28 Apr, 17:31, bookie > wrote:
> On 28 Apr, 17:17, Lilly's Mum > wrote:
>

> > It was a nice sunny day in the land of cat & humans, & Lilly was
> > determined to get outside for a nice breath of fresh air.
> > Unfortunately, she wasn't thinking on her paw- pad's that day, or she
> > would have hit the obvious target first time round...
>
> > Instead, she entertained us to a wonderful hour long show & taught us
> > all of her tactical tricks. She tried going over the fence, around the
> > fence then straight through the fence.. but the cellulite held her
> > back,(damned those cellulite thigh's, LOL)...
> > In the end she came right down and sat on my lap whilst she considered
> > the problem and had a quick bite of fresh chicken to help the thought
> > process through.. then flew off my lap & hit the home target first
> > time; Tilly of course...!!
>
> > Who else would feel as sorry for her as she does? No one..!!
> > so after roughly 3wonderful silky leg weaves, Tilly got straight up &
> > took her outside so that they could enjoy the sun and the garden
> > together...
>
> > And you could see Lilly thinking damn, why didn't I think of this the
> > first time round?
> > She certainly made a good show of it all though, ROFLOL
> > S.
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/TRIALSANDTRIBULATIONSOFL...
>
> she is so beautiful, that fur is so soft and silky, and those eyes are
> so blue, how could anyone deny her anything? i am a bit concerned
> about the fence thing though; will they not get caught and stuck
> between the patio windows/doors and the netting?
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

I worride about that one too when we first put it up there. I can
remember belly-aching about it to Paul ( who duly told me to shut up
and stop being silly...)
However, he was right & haven't I ever forgotten it as well....

< I believe his words were NAG NAG NAG>

No, they never caught in there. They are far more dexterous than they
appear. In fact @ 1 stage I did think about renaming Lilly, to Nina
Whodjanikabollockoff
(was it Comanetschki or something??), but it didn't suit her....So she
is still plain old Lilly, Lol.
You would be amazed @ how flexible they can make themselves actually.
Even fat old Biffy can turn around when he reaches the middle of the
patio doors, and make it back again without loosing a single hair or
missing a paw-step.

If I thought for one moment that any of them might loose a whisker, I
can assure you it would be straight down & we would have to think of a
different way of leaving the door open....
Not even the kittens could get through that last summer. Paul cut a
hole in the mesh so that it fit flush with the Patio door so there
wasn't a chance of getting stuck, or escaping either...
I intend to start the new cat extension from that door and work our
way out into the garden..I have started planning it already

<rubbing my hand with glee @ the thought of it all>
S;o)

Lilly's Mum
April 28th 07, 06:49 PM
On 28 Apr, 18:10, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> haha that reminds me of my cat's(Joxer) attempts to get in my room one time
> a few months after I got him. I usually kept my bedroom window open for him,
> and there was a thing underneath the window that he could get onto, making
> the jump into my window not as far. However one time, I had the window
> closed. And at the time, my computer desk was on the other side of the room
> from the window, and I was doing something on my computer, and I heard this
> THUD! sound, and I turn to look, and I see a blur, I get up and walk to the
> window, and by the time I get there, he's tried like 2 or 3 more times to
> jump through the window. He didn't hurt himself at least, the window was
> fine, and he just fell back onto the soft grass. When I opened the window
> and put my arm through it, saying Look it's ok, you can get through now, he
> just sat there giving me a look as if to say "Uh-uh! I ain't trying that
> again!". After that incident, when he wanted in, he would put his paw up on
> the window to A: see if it was open or closed, and B: tap/knock on the
> window if it was closed so I'd know to let him in.

Lilly has the personality of 50 cats with good humour, but when she
wants something, she gets it girl...
It just made us laugh that day because she knew there was no way out
that way, but she wanted to make sure this time;perhaps she had missed
something..?? Normally she is a very clever puss cat & would have
sucked up to Tilly in the first place to get taken out into the
garden..Perhaps she was hungry?
Who knows, but it certainly didn't take her long to change tactics
after her snack of chicken & it really did make us howl watching her
attempts to start with..

I was doing something on my computer, and I heard this
> THUD! sound, and I turn to look, and I see a blur, I get up and walk to the
> window, and by the time I get there, he's tried like 2 or 3 more times to
> jump through the window. He didn't hurt himself at least, the window was
> fine, and he just fell back onto the soft grass. When I opened the window
> and put my arm through it, saying Look it's ok, you can get through now, he
> just sat there giving me a look as if to say "Uh-uh! I ain't trying that
> again!". After that incident, when he wanted in, he would put his paw up on
> the window to A: see if it was open or closed, and B: tap/knock on the
> window if it was closed so I'd know to let him in.

ROFLMFAO!!
Lilly has done that too. She was busy blowing Raspberries @ next door
cat one day from the top of that fence you can see...
( how the hell did she balance on there I ask myself??)then suddenly,
next doors cat was let out & she sprinted right for the patio door to
escape from him like Joxer & did the very same thing. It was like
watching a cartoon in slow motion.. you could see what was going to
happen, but couldn't do anything to stop it once she was running
towards it. Then, as you said, SPLAT, She hit it head on & we watched
her slide right down it. She has never made the same mistake again
though..
I didn't know whether to laugh @ her, or cry for her
She has never blown raspberries since then @ that cat either, LOL
S;o)