PDA

View Full Version : My 6week old kitten vomited...

Luttrell
April 30th 07, 06:21 AM
I fed my two kittens a half can of kitten wet food(not the recall)
which i feed them every night, yet this time i fed it to them a few
hours ago and when i came home, one of them threw up all over. My
question is do you think a kitten will eat so much that they will just
get too full and vomit. It just odd because i have been feeding them
this food for about a week or so now and i don't know why this would
have happened??

Barry
April 30th 07, 09:59 AM
On Apr 30, 1:21 am, Luttrell > wrote:
> I fed my two kittens a half can of kitten wet food(not the recall)
> which i feed them every night, yet this time i fed it to them a few
> hours ago and when i came home, one of them threw up all over. My
> question is do you think a kitten will eat so much that they will just
> get too full and vomit. It just odd because i have been feeding them
> this food for about a week or so now and i don't know why this would
> have happened??

once is not alarming, maybe he ate something odd before you got there
or... he's just acclimating to the food.. or.. it was a little rich
for him

sheelagh
April 30th 07, 04:22 PM
On 30 Apr, 06:21, Luttrell > wrote:
> I fed my two kittens a half can of kitten wet food(not the recall)
> which i feed them every night, yet this time i fed it to them a few
> hours ago and when i came home, one of them threw up all over. My
> question is do you think a kitten will eat so much that they will just
> get too full and vomit. It just odd because i have been feeding them
> this food for about a week or so now and i don't know why this would
> have happened??

Just keep an eye on kitty. If he/she does it again, then you need to
investigate why they are vomiting, & fairly smartly too, because of
the dehydration factor & it's not nice when babes are ill. You will
know that there is something wrong because he/she will be out of sorts
and reluctant to play & generally look under the weather too.
I hope that all is well?
S;o)

Petzl
May 4th 07, 02:36 AM
On 29 Apr 2007 22:21:55 -0700, Luttrell > wrote:

>I fed my two kittens a half can of kitten wet food(not the recall)
>which i feed them every night, yet this time i fed it to them a few
>hours ago and when i came home, one of them threw up all over. My
>question is do you think a kitten will eat so much that they will just
>get too full and vomit. It just odd because i have been feeding them
>this food for about a week or so now and i don't know why this would
>have happened??

Welcome to the world of cats

Make sure water is always present. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger
(applies to humans also)

Kittens and or cats can be competively greedy

Petzl
--
SECURE YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER NOW!!
<http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp> Keep Windows UPDATED

<http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5> AVG 7.0 Free Edition" Anti-Virus

<http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx> Check your computer for "SpyWare" (free MS Product)

<http://www.zonelabs.com/> a good firewall for windows(free version available)

<http://www.password-depot.com/news/v2.htm> Use a Password Saver on USB removable drive to store passwords

sheelagh
May 4th 07, 02:47 AM
On 4 May, 02:36, Petzl > wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2007 22:21:55 -0700, Luttrell > wrote:
>
> >I fed my two kittens a half can of kitten wet food(not the recall)
> >which i feed them every night, yet this time i fed it to them a few
> >hours ago and when i came home, one of them threw up all over. My
> >question is do you think a kitten will eat so much that they will just
> >get too full and vomit. It just odd because i have been feeding them
> >this food for about a week or so now and i don't know why this would
> >have happened??
>
> Welcome to the world of cats
>
> Make sure water is always present. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger
> (applies to humans also)
>
> Kittens and or cats can be competively greedy
>
> Petzl
> --
> SECURE YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER NOW!!
> <http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp> Keep Windows UPDATED
>
> <http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5> AVG 7.0 Free Edition" Anti-Virus
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx> Check your computer for "SpyWare" (free MS Product)
>
> <http://www.zonelabs.com/> a good firewall for windows(free version available)
>
> <http://www.password-depot.com/news/v2.htm> Use a Password Saver on USB removable drive to store passwords

Well, blow me over with a feather... I never heard/knew that before!!
S;o)