PDA

View Full Version : cat has a hard time walking after birth

May 1st 07, 10:38 PM
My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
know what this is or any help for it?

cybercat
May 1st 07, 10:42 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
> was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
> back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
> again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
> know what this is or any help for it?

Newsflash: they have vetrinarians for just this sort of thing.

cindys
May 1st 07, 10:49 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
> was a stray.

This also needs to be her last litter.

>The next day she has had times when she could not use her
> back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
> again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
> know what this is or any help for it?

You need to take her to see a veterinarian.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Wendy
May 1st 07, 10:53 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
> was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
> back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
> again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
> know what this is or any help for it?

That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

May 1st 07, 10:56 PM
On May 1, 5:53 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> > My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
> > was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
> > back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
> > again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
> > know what this is or any help for it?
>
> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
if anyone else had a cat with this problem.

cindys
May 1st 07, 11:14 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> On May 1, 5:53 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> ps.com...
>>
>> > My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
>> > was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
>> > back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
>> > again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
>> > know what this is or any help for it?
>>
>> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

> I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
> blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
> if anyone else had a cat with this problem.
--------
How did they diagnose leukemia? Did she have a blood test? Yes, cats do come
down with leukemia seemingly "just out of the blue." Sometimes, they are
carriers and then something sets it off, and it becomes active. Other times,
they catch it from another cat. She may have caught it from the tomcat who
made her pregnant. Leukemia is contagious amongst cats. If she has leukemia,
so do her kittens. And she and her kittens can and will spread it to other
cats with whom they come in close contact.

But at any rate, having difficulty walking is not generally a sign of
leukemia. That means more than one thing is going on. But if the
veterinarian has given you a diagnosis, it doesn't make sense to think that
a group of laymen on the internet who have never laid eyes on your cat are
going to make a more accurate diagnosis than your vet. Did the veterinarian
also tell you to have the cat spayed?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
May 1st 07, 11:47 PM
On 1 May, 23:14, "cindys" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...

> ps.com...

> >> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

> > I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
> > blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
> > if anyone else had a cat with this problem.
>
> --------
> How did they diagnose leukemia? Did she have a blood test? Yes, cats do come
> down with leukemia seemingly "just out of the blue." Sometimes, they are
> carriers and then something sets it off, and it becomes active. Other times,
> they catch it from another cat. She may have caught it from the tomcat who
> made her pregnant. Leukemia is contagious amongst cats. If she has leukemia,
> so do her kittens. And she and her kittens can and will spread it to other
> cats with whom they come in close contact.
>
> But at any rate, having difficulty walking is not generally a sign of
> leukemia. That means more than one thing is going on. But if the
> veterinarian has given you a diagnosis, it doesn't make sense to think that
> a group of laymen on the internet who have never laid eyes on your cat are
> going to make a more accurate diagnosis than your vet. Did the veterinarian
> also tell you to have the cat spayed?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Cidny.
You said a lot in a few words and saved all of us all saying the same
thing.
It is precise, good and self explanatory explanatory.
S;o)

cybercat
May 2nd 07, 02:50 AM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> On May 1, 5:53 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> ps.com...
>>
>> > My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
>> > was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
>> > back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
>> > again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
>> > know what this is or any help for it?
>>
>> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

> I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
> blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
> if anyone else had a cat with this problem.

Leukemia.

Right.

cindys
May 2nd 07, 03:07 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>>>
>>> ps.com...

>>> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

>> I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
>> blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
>> if anyone else had a cat with this problem.
>>

> Leukemia.
>
> Right.
----------
??
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
May 2nd 07, 06:27 AM
"cindys" > wrote:

>> Leukemia.
>>
>> Right.
> ----------
> ??
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I can spell it out for you, Cindy, if you need me to.

I don't believe this cat has seen a vet.

cindys
May 2nd 07, 12:58 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "cindys" > wrote:
>>>>

>>> Leukemia.
>>>
>>> Right.
>> ----------
>> ??
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>>

> I can spell it out for you, Cindy, if you need me to.
>
> I don't believe this cat has seen a vet.
-----------
Got it. (Hitting forehead). And we're supposed to make a diagnosis on the
internet.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

kraut
May 2nd 07, 02:04 PM
>> > My cat gave birth friday to 4 kittens. Could be her first liter as she
>> > was a stray. The next day she has had times when she could not use her
>> > back legs. She will start to moan, lay on her side and try to get up
>> > again. Other times she does just fine. Jumps, walks all of it. Anyone
>> > know what this is or any help for it?
>>
>> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

>I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
>blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
>if anyone else had a cat with this problem.

If you do not beleive that vet try another vet !!!

It is not rocket science !!

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ >}=

May 2nd 07, 03:21 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message

>>> That's not normal. Take her to the vet ASAP

>>I did take her and all they said was it was leukemia. Just out of the
>>blue she came down with it. I don't believe them and was hoping to see
>>if anyone else had a cat with this problem.
>
> If you do not beleive that vet try another vet !!!
>
> It is not rocket science !!

The cat, if there really is one, is likely dead now anyway.

What kind of moron sees any animal that has bouts of not being able to use
its legs and does not take it for medical attention. ****ing trailer trash
dickweed.

sheelagh
May 2nd 07, 04:37 PM
On 2 May, 12:58, "cindys" > wrote:

> >> ----------
> >> ??
> >> Best regards,
> >> ---Cindy S.
>
> > I can spell it out for you, Cindy, if you need me to.
>
> > I don't believe this cat has seen a vet.

> Got it. (Hitting forehead). And we're supposed to make a diagnosis on the
> internet.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

ROFLOL....
I can't believe anyone would ask us to....
<shaking my head>
S;o)