PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to eat one of their usual foods

Elizabeth Blake
May 3rd 07, 05:12 AM
I have two boys and my younger one, Isaac, is an eating machine. He never
turns food down. He has to eat in my bedroom or else he'll inhale his meal
and head for Otto's bowl.

I recently bought a few cases of canned food. I got a couple of Merrick,
which is Otto's favorite (Turducken, Chicken Pot Pie, Thanksgiving Feast)
and a case of Wellness Chicken in the large cans. I buy large cans of their
usual brands if they're available. Merrick only comes in the smaller size
so I buy 5.5 oz of those.

Both cats are refusing the Wellness. I have never seen Isaac turn down food
before, and he's eaten Wellness countless times before. Otto can be picky
and will often only eat a tiny bit of his meal if it's not Merrick. I've
opened three cans of the Wellness so far and they just don't want it. When
I replace it with another food, Isaac immediately gobbles it up so I know
he's hungry (he's ALWAYS hungry).

Anyone know if they changed the formula recently? I'm worried that there
could be something wrong with it that they can sense. It smells like all
the other Wellness I've bought in the past.

--
Liz

Buddy's Mom
May 3rd 07, 11:01 AM
Elizabeth - I would stop feeding the food they won't eat. The same
thing happened to me with Royal Canin cat food about 2 months ago and
NOW it is on the recall list. If they stick up their noses at the
food there is something wrong with it.

On May 3, 12:12´┐Żam, "Elizabeth Blake"
> wrote:
> I have two boys and my younger one, Isaac, is an eating machine. *He never
> turns food down. *He has to eat in my bedroom or else he'll inhale his meal
> and head for Otto's bowl.
>
> I recently bought a few cases of canned food. *I got a couple of Merrick,
> which is Otto's favorite (Turducken, Chicken Pot Pie, Thanksgiving Feast)
> and a case of Wellness Chicken in the large cans. *I buy large cans of their
> usual brands if they're available. *Merrick only comes in the smaller size
> so I buy 5.5 oz of those.
>
> Both cats are refusing the Wellness. *I have never seen Isaac turn down food
> before, and he's eaten Wellness countless times before. *Otto can be picky
> and will often only eat a tiny bit of his meal if it's not Merrick. *I've
> opened three cans of the Wellness so far and they just don't want it. *When
> I replace it with another food, Isaac immediately gobbles it up so I know
> he's hungry (he's ALWAYS hungry).
>
> Anyone know if they changed the formula recently? *I'm worried that there
> could be something wrong with it that they can sense. *It smells like all
> the other Wellness I've bought in the past.
>
> --
> Liz

---MIKE---
May 3rd 07, 01:48 PM
I feed the 6 oz cans of Wellness chicken and have had no problems. The
pet shop where I buy the food told me about a customer that used to buy
a lot of large cans of Wellness for a large cat family. His cats
suddenly refused to eat the food. I suggest that you return the case of
large cans and get a case of the 6 oz cans.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44░ 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Rene S.
May 3rd 07, 02:29 PM

> Anyone know if they changed the formula recently? I'm worried that there
> could be something wrong with it that they can sense. It smells like all
> the other Wellness I've bought in the past.

Did you save the can? Why don't you call the company and give them the
code that's on the can and see if you can find out anything? I agree
about taking it back to the store and exchanging it for smaller cans
(and making sure there's a different code on the cans).

blkcatgal
May 4th 07, 12:37 AM
Interesting. I feed my cats the 3oz cans of Wellness and they gobble it up.

S.