PDA

View Full Version : Recall affecting Europe now!

CatNipped[_2_]
May 3rd 07, 02:07 PM
The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Full details:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dramatically-due-to-cross-contamination_20070502

BREAKING NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to
Cross-Contamination

May 2nd, 2007

This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods - wet foods
only. Menu Foods is now recalling additional foods due to
cross-contamination, more than a month and a half after the initial recall.
(Corrected) The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Menu Foods expanded recall list at:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dramatically-due-to-cross-contamination_20070502

Brands covered in expansion are listed at Itchmo. New brands are marked
(New). Our recall list is now up-to-date.

Menu Foods says:

Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with
adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now
expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products
which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at
any of Menu Foods' plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was
used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a
recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has
received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of
which indicate cross-contamination.

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
May 3rd 07, 06:46 PM
On 3 May, 14:07, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.
>
> Full details:
>
> http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dr...
>
> BREAKING NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to
> Cross-Contamination
>
> May 2nd, 2007
>
> This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods - wet foods
> only. Menu Foods is now recalling additional foods due to
> cross-contamination, more than a month and a half after the initial recall.
> (Corrected) The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.
>
> Menu Foods expanded recall list at:
>
> http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-news-menu-foods-recall-expands-dr...
>
> Brands covered in expansion are listed at Itchmo. New brands are marked
> (New). Our recall list is now up-to-date.
>
> Menu Foods says:
>
> Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with
> adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now
> expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products
> which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at
> any of Menu Foods' plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was
> used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a
> recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has
> received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of
> which indicate cross-contamination.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Thank you very much for this update C.N. I appreciate this post no
end. I am calling whiskers and Iams to see what they have to say
regarding their foods as well as Purina, Royal Canin, Pets @ Home,
Hills, & a few others too. If I get anything of note to post, then I
will do so.
I hate the fact that we are kept in the dark unless we specifically
ask the manufacturer themselves. You would think they would tell us
rather than wait for us to find out..!! Hardly caring or inspiring
either.
Thanks a lot,
S;o)