PDA

View Full Version : Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers

CatNipped[_2_]
May 4th 07, 07:41 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/04/scary.cat.reut/index.html

Hugs,

CatNipped

Rona Y.
May 5th 07, 12:54 AM
On May 5, 3:41 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/04/scary.cat.reut/index.html
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

When I first read the story yesterday (on Winnipeg Free Press online),
I was a little worried because that cat lives on the same street as my
Kitty's vacation home (where Kitty is right now)! And Sandra's
(Kitty's vacation home owner) husband's name is John, too! And my cat
loves to sit outside in the sun (always attached with a harness and
leash). But my cat is really a scardy cat, and rarely ever hisses
(and is certainly not declawed, nor is she black!). She's even too
scared to go outside when she's at Sandra's house.

By the way, if you read this story http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2007/05/04/mail-cat.html
, it does sound like the cat is a bit tempermental, and that perhaps
the letter carrier has a point...

rona

MaryL
May 5th 07, 02:26 AM
"Rona Y." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 5, 3:41 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/04/scary.cat.reut/index.html
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> When I first read the story yesterday (on Winnipeg Free Press online),
> I was a little worried because that cat lives on the same street as my
> Kitty's vacation home (where Kitty is right now)! And Sandra's
> (Kitty's vacation home owner) husband's name is John, too! And my cat
> loves to sit outside in the sun (always attached with a harness and
> leash). But my cat is really a scardy cat, and rarely ever hisses
> (and is certainly not declawed, nor is she black!). She's even too
> scared to go outside when she's at Sandra's house.
>
> By the way, if you read this story
> http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2007/05/04/mail-cat.html
> , it does sound like the cat is a bit tempermental, and that perhaps
> the letter carrier has a point...
>
> rona

I also find it disturbing that a declawed cat is left outside. The
declawing is bad enough in itself, but a declawed cat should certainly be
kept indoors.

MaryL

Rona Y.
May 6th 07, 04:41 AM
On May 5, 10:26 am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:

> I also find it disturbing that a declawed cat is left outside. The
> declawing is bad enough in itself, but a declawed cat should certainly be
> kept indoors.
>
> MaryL

Agreed. But I know that area, and the types of people who live in
that area (Kitty's vacation home owner excepted), so a declawed cat
allowed outdoors around there doesn't surprise me...

I hope they force them to keep that cat indoors, or at least force
them to accompany the cat whenever he's outdoors.

rona