PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening nail clippers?

ensoul
May 6th 07, 07:54 PM
Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
together they over lap each other

anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

lynm

There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the
sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the
beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes
~Bob Dylan

Matthew
May 6th 07, 08:31 PM
If you have a local cutlery shop the can do it for you but to be honest for
about the same price you can by a new set.

"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
> for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
> scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
> is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
> slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
> small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
> together they over lap each other
>
> anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?
>

> lynm
>
> There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the
> sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the
> beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes
> ~Bob Dylan

Noon Cat Nick
May 6th 07, 08:44 PM
ensoul wrote:

>Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
>for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
>scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
>is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
>slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
>small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
>together they over lap each other
>
>anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

Many companies which manufacture or sell fancy-schmancy manicure
implements offer either self-sharpening clippers or free professional
sharpening for the life of the product. So I'm guessing that if you
wanna do it yourself, you might find a professional sharpening service
that hones nail clippers, and ask them how it's done.

In any case, nail clippers apparently can be sharpened.

HTH.

mlbriggs
May 7th 07, 01:04 AM
On Sun, 06 May 2007 19:44:46 +0000, Noon Cat Nick wrote:

> ensoul wrote:
>
>>Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
>>for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
>>scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
>>is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
>>slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
>>small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
>>together they over lap each other
>>
>>anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?
>>

> Many companies which manufacture or sell fancy-schmancy manicure
> implements offer either self-sharpening clippers or free professional
> sharpening for the life of the product. So I'm guessing that if you
> wanna do it yourself, you might find a professional sharpening service
> that hones nail clippers, and ask them how it's done.
>
> In any case, nail clippers apparently can be sharpened.
>
> HTH.

Noon Cat Nick-- I am fascinated by your moniker. Is there a story behind
it? If so, how about sharing? MLB

Rene S.
May 7th 07, 02:28 PM
On May 6, 1:54 pm, ensoul > wrote:
> Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
> for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
> scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
> is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
> slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
> small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
> together they over lap each other
>
> anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

Check with your local hardware store. There's an Ace by me that
sharpens tools for $2-3 each.