PDA

View Full Version : Cost cutting in China: it's not just pet food...

Charlie Wilkes
May 7th 07, 04:27 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/06poison.html?hp

Luna's Mom[_2_]
May 7th 07, 04:31 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/06poison.html?hp

Wow. Just wow.

Lilah Morgan
May 7th 07, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the link. I can't remember anything on the news about this when
the other incidents occurred years back. But I was a teenager then and not
prone to care about the news. I'm really glad we don't use over the counter
stuff except ibuprofen now.

cindys
May 7th 07, 05:43 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message

> And I can recall quite well being denounced as a 'racist' for calling the
> Chinese out as the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, unethical pieces of
> **** they really are just a few months back. Need more proof? Kepp on
> watching the news. I stand by my earlier assertions that the Chinese are
> not fit to be players in a world market.
-----------
There are good people and bad people amongst all races. It is racist to
smear an entire nationality because of the criminal actions of a small
percentage.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

PawsForThought
May 7th 07, 05:56 PM
On May 7, 12:43 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
There are good people and bad people amongst all races. It is racist
> smear an entire nationality because of the criminal actions of a small
> percentage.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I quite agree. Let's not forget about some of the unscrupulous types
in our own countries.

RobZip
May 7th 07, 06:30 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/06poison.html?hp

And I can recall quite well being denounced as a 'racist' for calling the
Chinese out as the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, unethical pieces of ****
they really are just a few months back. Need more proof? Kepp on watching
the news. I stand by my earlier assertions that the Chinese are not fit to
be players in a world market.

Charlie Wilkes
May 7th 07, 07:55 PM
On Mon, 07 May 2007 12:30:16 -0500, RobZip wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/06poison.html?hp
>
> And I can recall quite well being denounced as a 'racist' for calling
> the Chinese out as the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, unethical pieces
> of **** they really are just a few months back. Need more proof? Kepp on
> watching the news. I stand by my earlier assertions that the Chinese are
> not fit to be players in a world market.

I think the crux of the problem is lack of a good regulatory system.
This kind of thing has happened all over the world. The reason we're
seeing so much of it out of China is because of how fast the country is
building out its industry.

Charlie