PDA

View Full Version : Online Pet Insurance ?

Global Pet Insurance
May 7th 07, 11:00 PM
please check out this web site and look into protecting your most
loyal companions with our fast online calculator. Its affordable and
is absolutely needed by every single cat owner out there.

Thanks,

http://www.globalpetinsurance.com

---MIKE---
May 8th 07, 01:25 AM
---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cindys
May 8th 07, 02:17 AM
"Global Pet Insurance" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> please check out this web site and look into protecting your most
> loyal companions with our fast online calculator. Its affordable and
> is absolutely needed by every single cat owner out there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> http://www.globalpetinsurance.com
--------
Yup, and after you make me pay for $100 worth of blood work (had to have
been done within the six months preceding the application)and after you ask
me to provide you with copies of my cats' medical records, and after you
accept my check for $300, you'll regret to inform me that my 10-year-old cat
doesn't qualify because she's too old and even if she weren't too old,
there's a whole list of medical conditions that aren't covered and require
special riders. Then, I'll have to hold my breath and hope that you refund
my $300 (the check had already been cashed, but at least you did mail me a
refund - you didn't reimburse me for all the unnecessary blood work I had
done, even though you knew from the outset the cat was 10 years old).Been
there, done that, no thanks.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Cheryl
May 8th 07, 02:44 AM
On Mon 07 May 2007 09:17:54p, cindys wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> Yup, and after you make me pay for $100 worth of blood work (had
> to have been done within the six months preceding the
> application)and after you ask me to provide you with copies of
> my cats' medical records, and after you accept my check for
> $300, you'll regret to inform me that my 10-year-old cat doesn't
> qualify because she's too old and even if she weren't too old,
> there's a whole list of medical conditions that aren't covered
> and require special riders. Then, I'll have to hold my breath
> and hope that you refund my $300 (the check had already been
> cashed, but at least you did mail me a refund - you didn't
> reimburse me for all the unnecessary blood work I had done, even
> though you knew from the outset the cat was 10 years old).Been
> there, done that, no thanks.

Bummer!! :(

I bought a policy for Shamrock, my allergy case. Since he'd already
been diagnosed prior to the policy, they would cover anything bug
allergies. One day I had to bring him to the vet for an eye injury
caused by one of my other cats by playing. Rhett hooked his claw in
Shamrock's eye and it got infected. Vet bill including antibiotics
was something like $120 and the insurance payout was like $15. Not
worth it. I just budget for vet bills; normal and emergency. I know
a lot of people can't do that, and that is why insurance seems so
desirable.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
May 8th 07, 02:50 AM
On Mon 07 May 2007 09:44:15p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:

> Since he'd already
> been diagnosed prior to the policy, they would cover anything bug
> allergies.

LOL! Need to correct my typo and add something. I meant to write
"anything BUT allergies".

I realize that insurance is meant for bills more than just an eye
injury, like a cancer diagnosis or something else serious. But the
amount of the payout compared to the actual bill indicated to me that
even with a serious diagnosis I'd end up paying more out of pocket
than what is put into the premiums. Premiums for one cat was
something like $18 per month for one cat. This for a young cat; older
cats would be more.

--
Cheryl

cindys
May 8th 07, 03:07 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Mon 07 May 2007 09:44:15p, Cheryl wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:
>
>> Since he'd already
>> been diagnosed prior to the policy, they would cover anything bug
>> allergies.
>
> LOL! Need to correct my typo and add something. I meant to write
> "anything BUT allergies".

I knew what you meant.

> I realize that insurance is meant for bills more than just an eye
> injury, like a cancer diagnosis or something else serious.

If I wanted cancer coverage, I would have had to purchase an additional
rider.

> But the
> amount of the payout compared to the actual bill indicated to me that
> even with a serious diagnosis I'd end up paying more out of pocket
> than what is put into the premiums.

There was a maximum amount the insurance would cover in the case of serious
illness. I think it was $1500, but I can't remember for sure.

>Premiums for one cat was
> something like $18 per month for one cat. This for a young cat; older
> cats would be more.

Exactly. I figured out that the amount I would have paid out was the same or
more than if I simply paid out of pocket for routine exam and vaccinations.
It was a question of do you want to pay now or later? The bottom line is
that the only way you ever win with pet insurance is if you have a very
young cat who develops a catastrophic illness, i.e., the only way to "win"
is to lose :-(
Best regards,
---Cindy S.