PDA

View Full Version : hello again to the group from a former lurker

mariib
May 8th 07, 06:16 AM
Hi everyone,
I did introduce myself about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday & I live in Canada
with my husband & 2 cats. There's Coco, now 5 who I adopted in 2002 from an
emergency clinic where he'd been abandoned (according to the history they
gave me) for the 3rd time. He is a very loving gentle boy & sometimes is
bullied by the younger more aggressive Little Devil, my black & white
troublemaker who I brought home from my regular vet in September 2004. He'd
been left in a cardboard box in the rain in the vet's parking lot over the
weekend & it was easy to see why he'd been dumped - the vet thought he might
be 3 months old & what a handful. He was excitable, very talkative, snapping,
biting, scratching, in constant motion - probably separated too early from
his mommy. I really liked his appearance & very peppy personality. He has
always hated any door to be closed on him & will make a huge racket to tell
us. NOTHING can be left out in the kitchen or it's gone in a flash. The
scratching, biting etc behavior stopped within 2 months of living here & he
is very high-spirited but loving.

There is no spot in the house Little Devil is unable to get into - high, low,
cupboard door, any drawer. And he's taught Coco all his evil tricks.
Sometimes I find them working as a team & we laugh so much at their ingenuity.
We've been trying out different child-proof closures on a few kitchen
cupboards with varying degrees of success!

Little Devil was short-haired cat when I first got him, but now it's getting
longer & longer. Is this unusual? I never had a cat who changed hair length
before. I did have a long-haired pure white part Maine Coon cat Tommy for 15
years but he was always long-haired. I was married then to a vet & we used
animal clippers on him regularly to control the hair. Tommy was so laid back
& easy-going that he could be *sheared* quickly. It really was funny to see,
especially for the 1st couple weeks after shaving because we never could do
it evenly. I don't think Little Devil would allow this - just to clip his
claws I have to bundle him tightly in a towel.

Enough for now. M.
You can see pictures of all my cats - now and then - on webshots
Coco & Little Devil's album http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY
Coco watching snow
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2899526130050028271LUyBkD
Little Devil yawning
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
Here's an album of my long-gone cats
http://pets.webshots.com/album/556572133OrQNdt

sheelagh
May 8th 07, 02:37 PM
On 8 May, 06:16, "mariib" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I did introduce myself about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday & I live in Canada
> with my husband & 2 cats. There's Coco, now 5 who I adopted in 2002 from an
> emergency clinic where he'd been abandoned (according to the history they
> gave me) for the 3rd time. He is a very loving gentle boy & sometimes is
> bullied by the younger more aggressive Little Devil, my black & white
> troublemaker who I brought home from my regular vet in September 2004. He'd
> been left in a cardboard box in the rain in the vet's parking lot over the
> weekend & it was easy to see why he'd been dumped - the vet thought he might
> be 3 months old & what a handful. He was excitable, very talkative, snapping,
> biting, scratching, in constant motion - probably separated too early from
> his mommy. I really liked his appearance & very peppy personality. He has
> always hated any door to be closed on him & will make a huge racket to tell
> us. NOTHING can be left out in the kitchen or it's gone in a flash. The
> scratching, biting etc behavior stopped within 2 months of living here & he
> is very high-spirited but loving.
>
> There is no spot in the house Little Devil is unable to get into - high, low,
> cupboard door, any drawer. And he's taught Coco all his evil tricks.
> Sometimes I find them working as a team & we laugh so much at their ingenuity.
> We've been trying out different child-proof closures on a few kitchen
> cupboards with varying degrees of success!
>
> Little Devil was short-haired cat when I first got him, but now it's getting
> longer & longer. Is this unusual? I never had a cat who changed hair length
> before. I did have a long-haired pure white part Maine Coon cat Tommy for 15
> years but he was always long-haired. I was married then to a vet & we used
> animal clippers on him regularly to control the hair. Tommy was so laid back
> & easy-going that he could be *sheared* quickly. It really was funny to see,
> especially for the 1st couple weeks after shaving because we never could do
> it evenly. I don't think Little Devil would allow this - just to clip his
> claws I have to bundle him tightly in a towel.
>
> Enough for now. M.
> You can see pictures of all my cats - now and then - on webshots
> Coco & Little Devil's album http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY
> Coco watching snowhttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2899526130050028271LUyBkD
> Little Devil yawninghttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
> Here's an album of my long-gone catshttp://pets.webshots.com/album/556572133OrQNdt

Hello Mari, Pleased to meet you. My name is Sheelagh & if I could
pinch that little Coco, I would cuz he looks sooooo Cuddly Cute, LOL
Pleased to make your acquaintance & looking forward to lots of stories
about your kitty's cuz they look like they have done a few things in
their time with you..I know mine certainly have...
S:o)

cindys
May 8th 07, 03:31 PM
What beautiful albums. Thank you for sharing them.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"mariib" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> [...]
> getting
> longer & longer. Is this unusual? I never had a cat who changed hair
> length
> before. I did have a long-haired pure white part Maine Coon cat Tommy for
> 15
> years but he was always long-haired. I was married then to a vet & we used
> animal clippers on him regularly to control the hair. Tommy was so laid
> back
> & easy-going that he could be *sheared* quickly. It really was funny to
> see,
> especially for the 1st couple weeks after shaving because we never could
> do
> it evenly. I don't think Little Devil would allow this - just to clip his
> claws I have to bundle him tightly in a towel.
>
> Enough for now. M.
> You can see pictures of all my cats - now and then - on webshots

bookie
May 8th 07, 05:29 PM
On 8 May, 06:16, "mariib" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I did introduce myself about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday & I live in Canada
> with my husband & 2 cats. There's Coco, now 5 who I adopted in 2002 from an
> emergency clinic where he'd been abandoned (according to the history they
> gave me) for the 3rd time. He is a very loving gentle boy & sometimes is
> bullied by the younger more aggressive Little Devil, my black & white
> troublemaker who I brought home from my regular vet in September 2004. He'd
> been left in a cardboard box in the rain in the vet's parking lot over the
> weekend & it was easy to see why he'd been dumped - the vet thought he might
> be 3 months old & what a handful. He was excitable, very talkative, snapping,
> biting, scratching, in constant motion - probably separated too early from
> his mommy. I really liked his appearance & very peppy personality. He has
> always hated any door to be closed on him & will make a huge racket to tell
> us. NOTHING can be left out in the kitchen or it's gone in a flash. The
> scratching, biting etc behavior stopped within 2 months of living here & he
> is very high-spirited but loving.
>
> There is no spot in the house Little Devil is unable to get into - high, low,
> cupboard door, any drawer. And he's taught Coco all his evil tricks.
> Sometimes I find them working as a team & we laugh so much at their ingenuity.
> We've been trying out different child-proof closures on a few kitchen
> cupboards with varying degrees of success!
>
> Little Devil was short-haired cat when I first got him, but now it's getting
> longer & longer. Is this unusual? I never had a cat who changed hair length
> before. I did have a long-haired pure white part Maine Coon cat Tommy for 15
> years but he was always long-haired. I was married then to a vet & we used
> animal clippers on him regularly to control the hair. Tommy was so laid back
> & easy-going that he could be *sheared* quickly. It really was funny to see,
> especially for the 1st couple weeks after shaving because we never could do
> it evenly. I don't think Little Devil would allow this - just to clip his
> claws I have to bundle him tightly in a towel.
>
> Enough for now. M.
> You can see pictures of all my cats - now and then - on webshots
> Coco & Little Devil's album http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY
> Coco watching snowhttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2899526130050028271LUyBkD
> Little Devil yawninghttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
> Here's an album of my long-gone catshttp://pets.webshots.com/album/556572133OrQNdt

little devil is a fine looking fellow, what a lovely tail, I bet he
knows how gorgeous he is too!
does my head in when people just dump cats inboxes somewhere,
particularly kittens, they are sooooooooooo helpless, how can anyone
be so heartless and mean?

also why do other people find them and not me? I never find abandoned
kittens, and there are many cosy spots in my house just perfect for
one to snuggle up and recover in, and a cupboard full of food too (and
a fridge full of roast chicken slices which were cheap in the
supermarket today but i can't say that too loud cos they are for
tonight for a treat for my 2 girls and they will only start demanding
them now if they knwo they are there)

I suppose Terri was abandoned, left behind by her last owners (cruel
people), and she is slowly coming round, purrs very loud when stroked
but still does not seek out company too much.

oh God, if there does have to be abandoned kittens in the world ( i
truly hope not though) send them my way so i can fuss over them and
spoil them rotten!!!!

bookie

cindys
May 8th 07, 05:55 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
snip

> little devil is a fine looking fellow, what a lovely tail, I bet he
> knows how gorgeous he is too!
> does my head in when people just dump cats inboxes somewhere,
> particularly kittens, they are sooooooooooo helpless, how can anyone
> be so heartless and mean?
>
> also why do other people find them and not me? I never find abandoned
> kittens, and there are many cosy spots in my house just perfect for
> one to snuggle up and recover in, and a cupboard full of food too (and
> a fridge full of roast chicken slices which were cheap in the
> supermarket today but i can't say that too loud cos they are for
> tonight for a treat for my 2 girls and they will only start demanding
> them now if they knwo they are there)
>
> I suppose Terri was abandoned, left behind by her last owners (cruel
> people), and she is slowly coming round, purrs very loud when stroked
> but still does not seek out company too much.
>
> oh God, if there does have to be abandoned kittens in the world ( i
> truly hope not though) send them my way so i can fuss over them and
> spoil them rotten!!!!
----
Bookie, I don't think I have to tell you that there is no shortage of
abandoned kittens at local shelters. They're every bit as needy as the ones
that someone finds on the side of the road. In fact, a significant
percentage of shelter cats were dumped on the side of the road, and some
nice person found them and brought them to the local shelter. But they are
still abandoned kitties in desperate need of a good home, and depending on
the shelter, they are euthanized if they aren't adopted within a certain
time frame. Additionally, the kitty on the road could be carrying any number
of diseases, and you will need to have him/her examined, vaccinated,
spayed/neutered etc before you can even think of exposing your resident cats
to the newcomer. At shelters, all of this has already been done for you, and
the adoption fee you pay is a lot less than it would cost you to have all of
that done on your own. You can never have too many cats....Go down to the
local shelter and read the histories of the various cats. Find the kitty
whose description reads "Was found dumped on the side of the road..." (if
that's what you want) and take him/her home (and then you'll have a great
new kitty who really needs a home and whom you can spoil rotten)! You're a
great cat mom, and Terri and Jessie need a new friend :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

bookie
May 9th 07, 01:21 AM
On 8 May, 17:55, "cindys" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
> snip
>

> > little devil is a fine looking fellow, what a lovely tail, I bet he
> > knows how gorgeous he is too!
> > does my head in when people just dump cats inboxes somewhere,
> > particularly kittens, they are sooooooooooo helpless, how can anyone
> > be so heartless and mean?
>
> > also why do other people find them and not me? I never find abandoned
> > kittens, and there are many cosy spots in my house just perfect for
> > one to snuggle up and recover in, and a cupboard full of food too (and
> > a fridge full of roast chicken slices which were cheap in the
> > supermarket today but i can't say that too loud cos they are for
> > tonight for a treat for my 2 girls and they will only start demanding
> > them now if they knwo they are there)
>
> > I suppose Terri was abandoned, left behind by her last owners (cruel
> > people), and she is slowly coming round, purrs very loud when stroked
> > but still does not seek out company too much.
>
> > oh God, if there does have to be abandoned kittens in the world ( i
> > truly hope not though) send them my way so i can fuss over them and
> > spoil them rotten!!!!
>
> ----
> Bookie, I don't think I have to tell you that there is no shortage of
> abandoned kittens at local shelters. They're every bit as needy as the ones
> that someone finds on the side of the road. In fact, a significant
> percentage of shelter cats were dumped on the side of the road, and some
> nice person found them and brought them to the local shelter. But they are
> still abandoned kitties in desperate need of a good home, and depending on
> the shelter, they are euthanized if they aren't adopted within a certain
> time frame. Additionally, the kitty on the road could be carrying any number
> of diseases, and you will need to have him/her examined, vaccinated,
> spayed/neutered etc before you can even think of exposing your resident cats
> to the newcomer. At shelters, all of this has already been done for you, and
> the adoption fee you pay is a lot less than it would cost you to have all of
> that done on your own. You can never have too many cats....Go down to the
> local shelter and read the histories of the various cats. Find the kitty
> whose description reads "Was found dumped on the side of the road..." (if
> that's what you want) and take him/her home (and then you'll have a great
> new kitty who really needs a home and whom you can spoil rotten)! You're a
> great cat mom, and Terri and Jessie need a new friend :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

i was just thinking out loud that's all,
one of the reasons i alwasy go for old cats is because (and dont; take
this the wrong way) they are not likely to be around for much longer
and since i live in rented property it is a feature iof the cat i can
use to good effect if the landlord doesn't like the idea of us havign
pets; "she won't last for more than another 6 months the vet said, so
she will be dead before you knwo it and it won't be a problem then, so
can we keep her/him? it won't be for long". Our landlord is ok with
jessie and terri, there is nothing in our contract which rules against
havign pets but you never know.

Also as i don't own the house myself and have no roots in this area
(not enough money to put down roots here nor any intention to cos this
area is too snobby for my liking) I have veered away fromthe idea of
getting a kitten who I willhave for the next 15 + years with me cos I
really don't know where i will be living this time next year. That is
why i have veered towards really ancient cats atthe adoption centres
because they are not likely to last for very much longer (6 months or
so was all they gave for jasper when i got him) and so after that if I
need to move for a job or cos I have been kicked out then i can and it
is no issue. just woudl not be fair to bring a small kitten into my
situation i think unless i have somewhere of my own and am really
settled, does that make sense?

of course things haven't worked out like that, I have been living
inthe same house for nearly 6 years now and have no reason to move now
unless i suddenly win the lottery and can buy my own house (not liekly
to happen otherwise, house prices inthis country are ludicrous). Also
japser was supposed to live for just 6 months but he decided to hang
around for 18 months in the end, then when he went over the rainbow
bridge I found I could not live without a small grumpy furry person to
cuddle and fuss over and generally spoil rotten and I went straight
out to the cats protection HQ and got jessie, who was also supposed to
be on her last life and was nto expected to be with us for much
longer. That was in July 2005 and she is still here and in quite rude
health, plumper than she was and she still has us wrapped around her
furry paw (as it shoudl be really).

terri was really not planned, just got a phone call to say someone had
abandoned their puss and could i help? she is living here now because
going over twice a day to feed her whilst she lived inthe freezign
cold outside was not feasible, especially not as i have warm soft
cushions going spare. until i can find her a lovely home she can stay
with us, but it is not really our intention to keep her, not since we
are renting. we wil certainyl not be dumping her on cats protection or
anything like that as they have enough homeless cats and such like to
cope with and she is ok where she is for now, better she is here with
me than sitting alone and scared in some drafty cat pen at the bottom
of someone's garden. here she has hidey holes, cushions, nooks ,
crannies, and warm airing cupboards to sleep in, a bti of space to
potter round in and a garden to sunbathe in (when she gets the courage
to go out that is).

believe me, if i had my own house i would be down that rescue centre
today and coming home with armfuls of homeless kitties, all the really
old and unwanted ones with all the ongoing medical things which put
other people off (diabetes, hyperthyroidism,.etc etc) anmd I would
have my own little kitty convalescent home filled to the rooftops with
lots of big squashy cushions and comfy chairs for them to snooze on. i
would also have all the scaredy ones who are deemed 'unfriendly' and
let them do their own thing in their own time and hide wherever they
want for as long as they want, they dont have to come out and be
friendly if they dont want to. Also all the ones who scratch every
where, i woudl have those too, and let them scratch the **** out of
all my furniture as muich as they want and that would be fine cos
really it is their furniture anyway and they don't have to learn
'better' behaviour cos they won't be going to live elsewhere so they
can do what they want when they want and noone is going to care or
make a fuss about it.

ok I will have to get a huge mansion for all this so all the kitties
can have their own space and don't wind each other up, and it would
have to have a huge garden for them to prowl around in, preferably
with lots of overgrown wild bits in it for them to hunt in, but i can
dream can't I?
I will have to find an old rich man with a dodgy heart to marry, so I
can bump him off and have his millions and put it to good use, any
ideas where i can find one?

Bookie (sitting here planning out the climbing frames for the special
abandoned kitty climbing and activity room i will have in my huge
house)

Cheryl
May 10th 07, 03:22 AM
On Tue 08 May 2007 01:16:49a, mariib wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:[email protected]>:

> Little Devil yawning
> http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR

I loved all of your pics, but this one was my favorite. He could be
laughing!

--
Cheryl

mariib via CatKB.com
May 10th 07, 06:31 AM
Cheryl wrote:
>> Little Devil yawning
>> http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
>
>I loved all of your pics, but this one was my favorite. He could be
>laughing!

The little stinker probably was! He's no different than any inquisitive 2 yr
old - when I haven't seen or heard him for awhile, he's usually doing
something I'm not going to like. Each & every morning we wake to the sound of
different things hitting the floor in our bedroom - whatever happens to be
lying loose on the dressers - a watch, a book, wallet. It's always the same
scene - there's a couple thumps, I come awake & look up & Little Devil, on
one of the dressers is watching me to see my reaction. If I don't move, he
knocks over something else & looks over to me. If all else fails, he starts
pushing around a set of small pink glass elephants (graduated in size) & that
always works. He's impatient & wants to be fed while Coco always sits quietly
on the night table beside me. So who's in charge here?
M.

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 02:15 PM
On 10 May, 06:31, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
> >> Little Devil yawning
> >>http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
>
> >I loved all of your pics, but this one was my favorite. He could be
> >laughing!
>
> The little stinker probably was! He's no different than any inquisitive 2 yr
> old - when I haven't seen or heard him for awhile, he's usually doing
> something I'm not going to like. Each & every morning we wake to the sound of
> different things hitting the floor in our bedroom - whatever happens to be
> lying loose on the dressers - a watch, a book, wallet. It's always the same
> scene - there's a couple thumps, I come awake & look up & Little Devil, on
> one of the dressers is watching me to see my reaction. If I don't move, he
> knocks over something else & looks over to me. If all else fails, he starts
> pushing around a set of small pink glass elephants (graduated in size) & that
> always works. He's impatient & wants to be fed while Coco always sits quietly
> on the night table beside me. So who's in charge here?
> M.

speaking of little woke up this morning to the strangest
sound. It sounded a bit like a grand father clock ticking away..
(baring in mind it was 6am, I knew it couldn't be anything that
unusual, but the sound disturbed me so much that I had to get up &
investigate....

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed & came down to the living room to
see if I could find out exactly what it was. there on the desk sat
Lilly with Lucy(fur!) playing with one of those desk toys( I'm mad
with myself cuz I can't recall their name), with four balls. When you
hit one it starts a chain reaction & hits the others until all of them
clang & does it again in reverse.. There was Lilly @ one end, &
Lucy(fur!) @ the other both pat-pawing them backwards and forwards
again...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL...

S;o)

bookie
May 10th 07, 04:39 PM
On 10 May, 14:15, sheelagh > wrote:

> > >I loved all of your pics, but this one was my favorite. He could be
> > >laughing!
>
> > The little stinker probably was! He's no different than any inquisitive 2 yr
> > old - when I haven't seen or heard him for awhile, he's usually doing
> > something I'm not going to like. Each & every morning we wake to the sound of
> > different things hitting the floor in our bedroom - whatever happens to be
> > lying loose on the dressers - a watch, a book, wallet. It's always the same
> > scene - there's a couple thumps, I come awake & look up & Little Devil, on
> > one of the dressers is watching me to see my reaction. If I don't move, he
> > knocks over something else & looks over to me. If all else fails, he starts
> > pushing around a set of small pink glass elephants (graduated in size) & that
> > always works. He's impatient & wants to be fed while Coco always sits quietly
> > on the night table beside me. So who's in charge here?
> > M.
>
> > --
>
> speaking of little woke up this morning to the strangest
> sound. It sounded a bit like a grand father clock ticking away..
> (baring in mind it was 6am, I knew it couldn't be anything that
> unusual, but the sound disturbed me so much that I had to get up &
> investigate....
>
> I dragged my sorry butt out of bed & came down to the living room to
> see if I could find out exactly what it was. there on the desk sat
> Lilly with Lucy(fur!) playing with one of those desk toys( I'm mad
> with myself cuz I can't recall their name), with four balls. When you
> hit one it starts a chain reaction & hits the others until all of them
> clang & does it again in reverse.. There was Lilly @ one end, &
> Lucy(fur!) @ the other both pat-pawing them backwards and forwards
> again...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL...
>
> S;o)- Hide quoted text -

newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.

i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
framed' and mayeb earned you 200quid

bookie

mariib via CatKB.com
May 10th 07, 07:07 PM
sheelagh wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>> --
>
>speaking of little woke up this morning to the strangest
>sound. It sounded a bit like a grand father clock ticking away..
>(baring in mind it was 6am, I knew it couldn't be anything that
>unusual, but the sound disturbed me so much that I had to get up &
>investigate....
>
>I dragged my sorry butt out of bed & came down to the living room to
>see if I could find out exactly what it was. there on the desk sat
>Lilly with Lucy(fur!) playing with one of those desk toys( I'm mad
>with myself cuz I can't recall their name), with four balls. When you
>hit one it starts a chain reaction & hits the others until all of them
>clang & does it again in reverse.. There was Lilly @ one end, &
>Lucy(fur!) @ the other both pat-pawing them backwards and forwards
>again...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL...
>
>S;o)

at least this is healthy play! my little stinker-monster or maybe he should
be called the little [email protected] can be destructive when he wants attention. He has
played at night on the kitchen counters moving things around, often knocking
them to the floor. There was a period of about 2 wks this past winter where
he knocked down & broke on different days a metal bread box, an electric
kettle, the clear plastic Brita water jug & a large ceramic cookie jar. The
cookie jar broke in a million pieces all across the kitchen & I was so
annoyed that I actually grabbed him, yelled at him, gave him a loud licking &
banished him to the basement for the day. He "punished" me by refusing to
sleep upstairs with us for 7-8 days. But for now, he hasn't pushed anything
else off the kitchen counters. Most of the time, his antics are so funny & we
put up with whatever he does because he's who he is.
M.

Lilah Morgan
May 10th 07, 07:22 PM
Hello marib from a fellow newbie

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 11:04 PM
On 10 May, 19:22, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> Hello marib from a fellow newbie

Pleased to meet you too Lilah. What a pretty name. I like that a lot.
I look forward to lots of photos and interesting blog on the life &
times of...???
It's nice to hear new tales & even better to gaze @ new pussy cats
too;o)
S;o)

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 11:13 PM
On 10 May, 16:39, bookie > wrote:
> On 10 May, 14:15, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > The little stinker probably was! He's no different than any inquisitive 2 yr
> > > old - when I haven't seen or heard him for awhile, he's usually doing
> > > something I'm not going to like. Each & every morning we wake to the sound of
> > > different things hitting the floor in our bedroom - whatever happens to be
> > > lying loose on the dressers - a watch, a book, wallet. It's always the same
> > > scene - there's a couple thumps, I come awake & look up & Little Devil, on
> > > one of the dressers is watching me to see my reaction. If I don't move, he
> > > knocks over something else & looks over to me. If all else fails, he starts
> > > pushing around a set of small pink glass elephants (graduated in size) & that
> > > always works. He's impatient & wants to be fed while Coco always sits quietly
> > > on the night table beside me. So who's in charge here?
> > > M.
>
> > > --
>
> > speaking of little woke up this morning to the strangest
> > sound. It sounded a bit like a grand father clock ticking away..
> > (baring in mind it was 6am, I knew it couldn't be anything that
> > unusual, but the sound disturbed me so much that I had to get up &
> > investigate....
>
> > I dragged my sorry butt out of bed & came down to the living room to
> > see if I could find out exactly what it was. there on the desk sat
> > Lilly with Lucy(fur!) playing with one of those desk toys( I'm mad
> > with myself cuz I can't recall their name), with four balls. When you
> > hit one it starts a chain reaction & hits the others until all of them
> > clang & does it again in reverse.. There was Lilly @ one end, &
> > Lucy(fur!) @ the other both pat-pawing them backwards and forwards
> > again...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL...
>
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.
>
> i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> framed' and mayeb earned you 200quid
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

> newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.

That's it....!!
Thanks Bookie...

It has been driving me potty all day trying to remember what they are
called...
Rather like when you remember a ditty to a song, but can't remember
the name or the artist, then it comes to @ 4am in a dream, Lol.....

> i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> framed' and maybe earned you 200quid

Me too, but @ that time in the morning, I'm lucky if I can remember to
pick up the baseball bat to clobber the burglar with, never mind
remember the mobile phone to film them with... Right now, that 200
would pay for loads of cat litter, a pen & possibly a nice new scratch
post or 5, for the menaces who have taken a particularly unfortunate
liking to the arm chair in the corner & have been clawing the hell out
of the side of it...(was my quite reading chair, that is the new
scratch post now..CATS!!!!)
S;o)

bookie
May 11th 07, 12:08 AM
On 10 May, 23:13, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 10 May, 16:39, bookie > wrote:

> > > speaking of little woke up this morning to the strangest
> > > sound. It sounded a bit like a grand father clock ticking away..
> > > (baring in mind it was 6am, I knew it couldn't be anything that
> > > unusual, but the sound disturbed me so much that I had to get up &
> > > investigate....
>
> > > I dragged my sorry butt out of bed & came down to the living room to
> > > see if I could find out exactly what it was. there on the desk sat
> > > Lilly with Lucy(fur!) playing with one of those desk toys( I'm mad
> > > with myself cuz I can't recall their name), with four balls. When you
> > > hit one it starts a chain reaction & hits the others until all of them
> > > clang & does it again in reverse.. There was Lilly @ one end, &
> > > Lucy(fur!) @ the other both pat-pawing them backwards and forwards
> > > again...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL...
>
> > > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> > newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> > the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> > executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.
>
> > i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> > framed' and mayeb earned you 200quid
>
> > bookie- Hide quoted text -

> > newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> > the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> > executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.
>
> That's it....!!
> Thanks Bookie...
>
> It has been driving me potty all day trying to remember what they are
> called...
> Rather like when you remember a ditty to a song, but can't remember
> the name or the artist, then it comes to @ 4am in a dream, Lol.....
>
> > i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> > framed' and maybe earned you 200quid
>
> Me too, but @ that time in the morning, I'm lucky if I can remember to
> pick up the baseball bat to clobber the burglar with, never mind
> remember the mobile phone to film them with... Right now, that 200
> would pay for loads of cat litter, a pen & possibly a nice new scratch
> post or 5, for the menaces who have taken a particularly unfortunate
> liking to the arm chair in the corner & have been clawing the hell out
> of the side of it...(was my quite reading chair, that is the new
> scratch post now..CATS!!!!)
> S;o)- Hide quoted text -

just follow them round with a borrowed video camera or something (not
sure a mobile phone camera will be good enough) it may take several
days of stalking but it coudl be worth it. as you say it woudl pay for
lots of litter, food, toys, bits of cat enclosure, etc etc
as for them scratching at your favourite chair i do not knwo what you
are complaing about? they are only trying to improve it's appearance
with their own individual signatures, much like an artist signs his
paintings, you should be grateful at how they are enhancing your home
and they have chosen YOUR chair for this special makeover treatment,
lucky you.

bookie

bookie
May 11th 07, 12:11 AM
On 10 May, 23:04, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 10 May, 19:22, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
>
> > Hello marib from a fellow newbie
>
> Pleased to meet you too Lilah. What a pretty name. I like that a lot.
> I look forward to lots of photos and interesting blog on the life &
> times of...???
> It's nice to hear new tales & even better to gaze @ new pussy cats
> too;o)
> S;o)

yes photos of more cats are always very welcome

why is terri digging away at her litter tray downstairs? sounds like
she is trying to bury a camel or dig her way to freedom, she has been
scraping and burrowing about in there for a good few minutes now and
even jessie is looking at me in a sort of 'what the hell is she doing
down there??!!' kind of way.

all i know is that when she has finished i will have something i need
to remove to the bin outside, nice

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 12:53 AM
On 11 May, 00:08, bookie > wrote:
> On 10 May, 23:13, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> > > the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> > > executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.
>
> > > i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> > > framed' and mayeb earned you 200quid
>
> > > bookie- Hide quoted text -

> > > newton's balls, displays conservation of energy as it passes through
> > > the balls inbetween and pushes the last ball on the end, all hot-shot
> > > executives had one on their desks inthe 80s.
>
> > That's it....!!
> > Thanks Bookie...
>
> > It has been driving me potty all day trying to remember what they are
> > called...
> > Rather like when you remember a ditty to a song, but can't remember
> > the name or the artist, then it comes to @ 4am in a dream, Lol.....
>
> > > i wish you could have filmed it, would have been great on 'you've been
> > > framed' and maybe earned you 200quid
>
> > Me too, but @ that time in the morning, I'm lucky if I can remember to
> > pick up the baseball bat to clobber the burglar with, never mind
> > remember the mobile phone to film them with... Right now, that 200
> > would pay for loads of cat litter, a pen & possibly a nice new scratch
> > post or 5, for the menaces who have taken a particularly unfortunate
> > liking to the arm chair in the corner & have been clawing the hell out
> > of the side of it...(was my quite reading chair, that is the new
> > scratch post now..CATS!!!!)
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> just follow them round with a borrowed video camera or something (not
> sure a mobile phone camera will be good enough) it may take several
> days of stalking but it coudl be worth it. as you say it woudl pay for
> lots of litter, food, toys, bits of cat enclosure, etc etc
> as for them scratching at your favourite chair i do not knwo what you
> are complaing about? they are only trying to improve it's appearance
> with their own individual signatures, much like an artist signs his
> paintings, you should be grateful at how they are enhancing your home
> and they have chosen YOUR chair for this special makeover treatment,
> lucky you.
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

> as for them scratching at your favourite chair i do not knwo what you
> are complaing about? they are only trying to improve it's appearance
> with their own individual signatures, much like an artist signs his
> paintings, you should be grateful at how they are enhancing your home
> and they have chosen YOUR chair for this special makeover treatment,
> lucky you.

Complain...?

Me...?

Never, LOL...

I have been looking @ it ever since you mentioned this, & as you say,
I can distinctly see Biffy's name all over it..I never did like the
new covers anyway-ghastly blue colour & the walls are now pink, so
this is a good excuse to hand this one over to the cats entirely &
allow myself to buy a new 3 piece. You see? They have actually done me
a favour so as you say, it is vastly improved indeed. I have no
problem @ all with their art work, In fact I think it is rather
fetching personally;o) Now if you look @ a slant, you can see Belle,
Lilly, Tiggy & even Tazi-cuss as well. A wonderful masterpiece
actually.. I feel honoured!!

Nevertheless, I do draw the line @ claw signatures.... I have recently
been allowing Biffy indoors, but because he used to be a stud cat, he
can't quite remember how *Not to Spray Everything*...As a consequence,
he is now wearing stud pants & looks rather sweet & fetching in them
too I might add. He doesn't think so,. but I am certain you would,
LOL... there is even a nice little hole to pop his big whiffy tail
through- & Bingo, only claw signatures..Wonderful:o)
S;o)
PS: Perhaps it would fetch millions @ Sotheby's...?
What do you think?

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 12:56 AM
On 11 May, 00:11, bookie > wrote:
> On 10 May, 23:04, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > On 10 May, 19:22, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
>
> > > Hello marib from a fellow newbie
>
> > Pleased to meet you too Lilah. What a pretty name. I like that a lot.
> > I look forward to lots of photos and interesting blog on the life &
> > times of...???
> > It's nice to hear new tales & even better to gaze @ new pussy cats
> > too;o)
> > S;o)
>
> yes photos of more cats are always very welcome
>
> why is terri digging away at her litter tray downstairs? sounds like
> she is trying to bury a camel or dig her way to freedom, she has been
> scraping and burrowing about in there for a good few minutes now and
> even jessie is looking at me in a sort of 'what the hell is she doing
> down there??!!' kind of way.
>
> all i know is that when she has finished i will have something i need
> to remove to the bin outside, nice

> all i know is that when she has finished i will have something i need
> to remove to the bin outside, nice

You see...?
Now tell me that you don't receive gifts, ROFLOL...?!!?
S;o)

Lilah Morgan
May 11th 07, 12:58 AM
haha well I don't have that many pictures of Joxer, he's...he doesn't like
being photographed apparently. Though I suppose I just have to wait til he
comes out of hiding from the dogs and is on the dining room table to get a
good snapshot ;-) Twas easier to get pictures when he'd go outside and I
had much better lighting that way, but nowadays(he's around 8 years old at
least) he's a lazy bum haha. He'll act like he wants to go out, and follow
me to the door, but as soon as I open it to let him out, he turns around and
runs back to one of his favorite lounging spots.

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 12:48 PM
On 11 May, 00:58, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> haha well I don't have that many pictures of Joxer, he's...he doesn't like
> being photographed apparently. Though I suppose I just have to wait til he
> comes out of hiding from the dogs and is on the dining room table to get a
> good snapshot ;-) Twas easier to get pictures when he'd go outside and I
> had much better lighting that way, but nowadays(he's around 8 years old at
> least) he's a lazy bum haha. He'll act like he wants to go out, and follow
> me to the door, but as soon as I open it to let him out, he turns around and
> runs back to one of his favorite lounging spots.

Aha, I see. Poor Joxer, you will just have to explain to him that the
mad women in R.P.C.H+B "Need" to see the photo of him......

If you can't get him to go outside, try taking one of him in daylight,
then when you upload it to, all you have to do is add a bit of extra
light in the program that you have for storing them. It also stops the
red eye problem if you do it in daylight too by the way...
S;o)

Lilah Morgan
May 11th 07, 08:36 PM
Ok here's one I took in 2003: www.roachsrealm.com/locus/joxer2.jpg

I wasn't even intending to get a cat(we've always had dogs...well ok
usually, occassionally there were cats, but mostly dogs), but at the
apartments we lived at for a few years, there were alot of cats wandering
around, and one of them looked to me like a pregnant female, and I figured
she was a stray(meaning she wasn't being cared for), so I started putting
food/water out for her, and eventually she 'adopted' me. Then one of our
neighbors who I babysat for every so often, who was a vet assistant(I think
now they're called vet technicians though), looked her over and told me that
'she' was not pregnant, that in fact 'he' was just fat!

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 08:53 PM
On 11 May, 20:36, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> Ok here's one I took in 2003:www.roachsrealm.com/locus/joxer2.jpg
>
> I wasn't even intending to get a cat(we've always had dogs...well ok
> usually, occassionally there were cats, but mostly dogs), but at the
> apartments we lived at for a few years, there were alot of cats wandering
> around, and one of them looked to me like a pregnant female, and I figured
> she was a stray(meaning she wasn't being cared for), so I started putting
> food/water out for her, and eventually she 'adopted' me. Then one of our
> neighbors who I babysat for every so often, who was a vet assistant(I think
> now they're called vet technicians though), looked her over and told me that
> 'she' was not pregnant, that in fact 'he' was just fat!

one of them looked to me like a pregnant female, and I figured
> she was a stray(meaning she wasn't being cared for), so I started putting
> food/water out for her, and eventually she 'adopted' me

This is the way of cats. This has happened to me several times, & you
know what?
I fall for it every time too. What a sucker!! I say fall rather than
fell, because it keeps happening to me, LOL. In fact in the last year
I have acquired 2. One that looks just like Joxer, called Lucy(fur!!),
Who we had to trap & have her collar surgically removed(it was too
tight & her skin was growing over it the poor thing!). Lucy is no
longer a Lucy(fur!) though, but the name stuck. She is my daughter's
cat, ...or should I say that Tilly (11) is Lucy(fur's!!) slave?!!

We also have a ginger cat (orange or whatever others refer to the
colour as..??). His name is Ringo. He has perfect Tabby markings, & is
a real ladies Cat, meaning female humans & cats too of course... Ringo
literally walked onto our lives near last Xmas. He knocked on the
door, & I looked down, & there he was. He smiled @ me very sweetly,
then walked past me all the way into the kitchen where he helped
himself to a rather large bowl of Iams, then washed it down with a
pouch of whiskers followed my a small bowl of Cimi cat milk( for
cats).....

It has cost me a fortune, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Actually, we did think about renaming him that, but it just didn't
fit. Lynne on this group named him for us. It is perfect. He looks
like a Ringo, & Lucy(fur!) suits her too...
I must say that Joxer is rather stunning!

Fat, FAT..?
Never..!! Slightly rotund would be more appropriate, LOL....!!
S;o)

cybercat
May 12th 07, 12:26 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Ok here's one I took in 2003: www.roachsrealm.com/locus/joxer2.jpg
>
> I wasn't even intending to get a cat(we've always had dogs...well ok
> usually, occassionally there were cats, but mostly dogs), but at the
> apartments we lived at for a few years, there were alot of cats wandering
> around, and one of them looked to me like a pregnant female, and I figured
> she was a stray(meaning she wasn't being cared for), so I started putting
> food/water out for her, and eventually she 'adopted' me. Then one of our
> neighbors who I babysat for every so often, who was a vet assistant(I
> think
> now they're called vet technicians though), looked her over and told me
> that
> 'she' was not pregnant, that in fact 'he' was just fat!

Boo! "Requested URL not found! I want to see the kitty!

Lilah Morgan
May 12th 07, 04:17 PM
Hmmm her server must be down...I put the pic on my site FTP folder(it's
hosted on a friend's server)...it goes down occassionally...lemme see what I
can do...

Lilah Morgan
May 12th 07, 04:30 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Pleased to meet you too Lilah. What a pretty name. I like that a lot.

I like it too, but it's just a nickname, courtesy of an inside joke with a
friend years ago that stuck. Started using it at a forum we both posted at,
then went to a new forum with some of the same people, so I kept using it so
they'd know it was me, and eventually...well anywhere you go online, if you
see a Lilah Morgan, chances are that's me!

Lilah Morgan
May 12th 07, 09:02 PM
Ok there is a technical problem which will be resolved soon, in the meantime
I have the pic up on myspace, my profile page is
http://www.myspace.com/lilahmorgan I've got pics of everything there...my
cat, the dogs, my garden, my family, me through the years, plus other crap I
just wanted to put up ;-)

cybercat
May 12th 07, 09:05 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Ok there is a technical problem which will be resolved soon, in the
> meantime
> I have the pic up on myspace, my profile page is
> http://www.myspace.com/lilahmorgan I've got pics of everything there...my
> cat, the dogs, my garden, my family, me through the years, plus other crap
> just wanted to put up ;-)

Where is the cat picture?

Lilah Morgan
May 12th 07, 09:25 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Where is the cat picture?

On my profile page, click where it says VIEW PICS and that should take you
to the album page, and just click on the one of Joxer(only one in there I
got now, I dunno why I never took any in Seattle...oh yeah, we didn't have a
camera haha...I think I got him with the camcorder though, not sure...oh
wait yeah I did, I remember I got him doing one of his games where he'd hide
under a picnic bench and ignore me...anyways, I got 2 other pictures of him
plus took a couple today when he was in the dining room, need to edit them
to make them look better though)

cybercat
May 12th 07, 09:43 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
link.net...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
>> Where is the cat picture?
>
> On my profile page, click where it says VIEW PICS and that should take you
> to the album page, and just click on the one of Joxer(only one in there I
> got now, I dunno why I never took any in Seattle...oh yeah, we didn't have
> camera haha...I think I got him with the camcorder though, not sure...oh
> wait yeah I did, I remember I got him doing one of his games where he'd
> hide
> under a picnic bench and ignore me...anyways, I got 2 other pictures of
> him
> plus took a couple today when he was in the dining room, need to edit them
> to make them look better though)

Thanks for this, but you have to be a member of Myspace (you have to log in)
to view the picture, and I don't do the Myspace thing. (I think I may have
gotten
sucked into setting up a page so I could email an old friend who had a page,
but if so I have no clue what my login info is.

I appreciate your effort in trying to help me see Joxer, though.

Lilah Morgan
May 12th 07, 09:46 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Thanks for this, but you have to be a member of Myspace (you have to log
in)
> to view the picture, and I don't do the Myspace thing. (I think I may have
> gotten
> sucked into setting up a page so I could email an old friend who had a
page,
> but if so I have no clue what my login info is.

Stupid MySpace...shouldn't be doing that, I have it set to let everyone view
my pics...I guess that everyone is just who has an account. Oh just tried
the link again, and the site server problems look like they're fixed, so try
this again! :-) http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/joxer2.jpg

cybercat
May 12th 07, 11:20 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
link.net...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> Oh just tried
> the link again, and the site server problems look like they're fixed, so
> try
> this again! :-) http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/joxer2.jpg

Ohh, a beautiful black boy! Barry has a cat who could be his twin
sister. :)

Lilah Morgan
May 13th 07, 05:41 AM
> Ohh, a beautiful black boy! Barry has a cat who could be his twin
> sister. :)

Yep, that's my boy. Kinda funny that all the dogs we've had are female, and
our longest staying cat is male, because my mother said when she was a kid
for some reason got the notion that all cats were female and all dogs were
male. Who is Barry?

cybercat
May 13th 07, 12:12 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
link.net...
>> Ohh, a beautiful black boy! Barry has a cat who could be his twin
>> sister. :)
>
> Yep, that's my boy. Kinda funny that all the dogs we've had are female,
> and
> our longest staying cat is male, because my mother said when she was a kid
> for some reason got the notion that all cats were female and all dogs were
> male. Who is Barry?

Barry is Jupiter's daddy. :)

Lilah Morgan
May 14th 07, 03:22 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Barry is Jupiter's daddy. :)

Oh ok :-)

May 14th 07, 04:49 PM
On 8 May, 06:16, "mariib" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I did introduce myself about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday & I live in Canada
> with my husband & 2 cats. There's Coco, now 5 who I adopted in 2002 from an
> emergency clinic where he'd been abandoned (according to the history they
> gave me) for the 3rd time. He is a very loving gentle boy & sometimes is
> bullied by the younger more aggressive Little Devil, my black & white
> troublemaker who I brought home from my regular vet in September 2004. He'd
> been left in a cardboard box in the rain in the vet's parking lot over the
> weekend & it was easy to see why he'd been dumped - the vet thought he might
> be 3 months old & what a handful. He was excitable, very talkative, snapping,
> biting, scratching, in constant motion - probably separated too early from
> his mommy. I really liked his appearance & very peppy personality. He has
> always hated any door to be closed on him & will make a huge racket to tell
> us. NOTHING can be left out in the kitchen or it's gone in a flash. The
> scratching, biting etc behavior stopped within 2 months of living here & he
> is very high-spirited but loving.
>
> There is no spot in the house Little Devil is unable to get into - high, low,
> cupboard door, any drawer. And he's taught Coco all his evil tricks.
> Sometimes I find them working as a team & we laugh so much at their ingenuity.
> We've been trying out different child-proof closures on a few kitchen
> cupboards with varying degrees of success!
>
> Little Devil was short-haired cat when I first got him, but now it's getting
> longer & longer. Is this unusual? I never had a cat who changed hair length
> before. I did have a long-haired pure white part Maine Coon cat Tommy for 15
> years but he was always long-haired. I was married then to a vet & we used
> animal clippers on him regularly to control the hair. Tommy was so laid back
> & easy-going that he could be *sheared* quickly. It really was funny to see,
> especially for the 1st couple weeks after shaving because we never could do
> it evenly. I don't think Little Devil would allow this - just to clip his
> claws I have to bundle him tightly in a towel.
>
> Enough for now. M.
> You can see pictures of all my cats - now and then - on webshots
> Coco & Little Devil's album http://pets.webshots.com/album/547068108fIJykY
> Coco watching snowhttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2899526130050028271LUyBkD
> Little Devil yawninghttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/2247394550050028271ujoXrR
> Here's an album of my long-gone catshttp://pets.webshots.com/album/556572133OrQNdt

Pleased to make your aquintance once more.
How are those wonderful cats of yours?

K.

mariib via CatKB.com
May 15th 07, 06:11 AM
wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I did introduce myself about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday & I live in Canada
>[quoted text clipped - 38 lines]
>> --
>
>Pleased to make your aquintance once more.
>How are those wonderful cats of yours?
>
>K.

They're fine. Me, I'm sneezing & rubbing my eyes - unfortunately the last
year or so, as Little Devil's hair has gotten longer, it's probably pushed my
allergies beyond their limits. I've been seriously considering taking animal
clippers to him the way I did many years ago (as in 26 yrs ago) to my very
long-haired easy-going white cat Tommy. But Little Devil has a very different
temperament & I don't think he'd allow it! Guess I've got to start regular
brushing but that causes me to start wheezing as his hair flies all around -
lots of hair & he doesn't like it, unlike Coco who does.
M.