PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Programs?

CatNipped[_2_]
May 8th 07, 09:00 PM
I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and was just
wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It seems that past best
friends are current enemies and vice versa. It appears that several old
trolls are back again and [possible] new trolls are here posting under
several 'nyms.

So, what's going on, what did I miss - where are the goddamned programs??!
;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
May 8th 07, 09:08 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and was just
>wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It seems that past
>best friends are current enemies and vice versa. It appears that several
>old trolls are back again and [possible] new trolls are here posting under
>several 'nyms.
>
> So, what's going on, what did I miss - where are the goddamned programs??!
> ;>

Lyn and I are friends now, I think that is cool. I might have put money on
one
of us killing the other before that happened.

As for the rest of the people, things have just evolved in the group as they
do in life, you know? You get to know some people better and you like
them more, and others, well, less.

You have disagreements that leave a bitter taste.

I have actually started using killfiles because I get so annoyed by some
posters I want to attack them just for being them, and that certainly is
not fair.

So, I have stopped saying, "Killfiles are for pussies." But I am still
resisting waving mine around every time I use it and gloating about it.

:)

CatNipped[_2_]
May 8th 07, 09:36 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and was just
>>wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It seems that past
>>best friends are current enemies and vice versa. It appears that several
>>old trolls are back again and [possible] new trolls are here posting under
>>several 'nyms.
>>
>> So, what's going on, what did I miss - where are the goddamned
>> programs??! ;>
>>
> Lyn and I are friends now, I think that is cool. I might have put money on
> one
> of us killing the other before that happened.

LOL! BTDT. Yep, who'd a thunk Lyn and I would be friends now too. I'm
glad, she's pretty kewl.

> As for the rest of the people, things have just evolved in the group as
> they
> do in life, you know? You get to know some people better and you like
> them more, and others, well, less.

Yuppers - lord knows I've come to know some people way to well!! ;>

> You have disagreements that leave a bitter taste.
>
> I have actually started using killfiles because I get so annoyed by some
> posters I want to attack them just for being them, and that certainly is
> not fair.
>
> So, I have stopped saying, "Killfiles are for pussies." But I am still
> resisting waving mine around every time I use it and gloating about it.
>
> :)

What!!??? You mean you're not using the infamous "plonk" - dayum - how's a
body supposed to know you're snubbing someone??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

mariib via CatKB.com
May 8th 07, 11:18 PM
CatNipped wrote:
>>>I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and was just
>>>wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It seems that past
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> one
>> of us killing the other before that happened.
>
>LOL! BTDT. Yep, who'd a thunk Lyn and I would be friends now too. I'm
>glad, she's pretty kewl.
>
>> As for the rest of the people, things have just evolved in the group as
>> they
>> do in life, you know? You get to know some people better and you like
>> them more, and others, well, less.
>
>Yuppers - lord knows I've come to know some people way to well!! ;>
>
>> You have disagreements that leave a bitter taste.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>> :)
>
>What!!??? You mean you're not using the infamous "plonk" - dayum - how's a
>body supposed to know you're snubbing someone??!
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped

I sure hope that "plonk" business doesn't come here or the stupid recipe
response to those people who don't meet the approval of self-appointed net
police on the other cat group. If someone doesn't like another who's posting,
either filter them out, ignore or don't respond. I've been lurking on both
groups at least 3 years & assume I wouldn't meet the criteria or standards
there & would be plonked quickly.

I've seen & enjoyed your extensive pictures over the past couple years. How's
your big girl Sammy doing?
M.

CatNipped[_2_]
May 8th 07, 11:21 PM
"mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>> one
>>> of us killing the other before that happened.
>>
>>LOL! BTDT. Yep, who'd a thunk Lyn and I would be friends now too. I'm
>>glad, she's pretty kewl.
>>
>>> As for the rest of the people, things have just evolved in the group as
>>> they
>>> do in life, you know? You get to know some people better and you like
>>> them more, and others, well, less.
>>
>>Yuppers - lord knows I've come to know some people way to well!! ;>
>>
>>> You have disagreements that leave a bitter taste.
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>>
>>> :)
>>
>>What!!??? You mean you're not using the infamous "plonk" - dayum - how's
>>body supposed to know you're snubbing someone??!
>>
>>Hugs,
>>
>>CatNipped
>
> I sure hope that "plonk" business doesn't come here or the stupid recipe
> response to those people who don't meet the approval of self-appointed net
> police on the other cat group. If someone doesn't like another who's
> posting,
> either filter them out, ignore or don't respond. I've been lurking on both
> groups at least 3 years & assume I wouldn't meet the criteria or standards
> there & would be plonked quickly.
>
> I've seen & enjoyed your extensive pictures over the past couple years.
> How's
> your big girl Sammy doing?
> M.

She's doing great - as spoiled and naughty as ever! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
May 9th 07, 01:46 PM
On 8 May, 23:18, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
> >> one
> >> of us killing the other before that happened.
>
> >LOL! BTDT. Yep, who'd a thunk Lyn and I would be friends now too. I'm
> >glad, she's pretty kewl.
>
> >> As for the rest of the people, things have just evolved in the group as
> >> they
> >> do in life, you know? You get to know some people better and you like
> >> them more, and others, well, less.
>
> >Yuppers - lord knows I've come to know some people way to well!! ;>
>
> >> You have disagreements that leave a bitter taste.
>
> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>
> >> :)
>
> >What!!??? You mean you're not using the infamous "plonk" - dayum - how's a
> >body supposed to know you're snubbing someone??!
>
> >Hugs,
>
> >CatNipped
>
> I sure hope that "plonk" business doesn't come here or the stupid recipe
> response to those people who don't meet the approval of self-appointed net
> police on the other cat group. If someone doesn't like another who's posting,
> either filter them out, ignore or don't respond. I've been lurking on both
> groups at least 3 years & assume I wouldn't meet the criteria or standards
> there & would be plonked quickly.
>
> I've seen & enjoyed your extensive pictures over the past couple years. How's
> your big girl Sammy doing?
> M.

It's great to see you expressing an opinion Mari. You should do it
more often!
More to the point how is my coco today?
S;o)

mariib via CatKB.com
May 9th 07, 04:12 PM
sheelagh wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]

>It's great to see you expressing an opinion Mari. You should do it
>more often!
>More to the point how is my coco today?
>S;o)

he's sitting in the kitchen window sniffing the breeze thru the screen,
watching the (ratty) squirrels & birds in the backyard. We've got far too
many squirrels - black, gray & smaller red ones - & some are doing serious
damage to the massive pine trees in the back & around the side, peeling off
the bark from the branches causing the branches to die. Anyway, it's a
beautiful spring day here.

And how's Ringo - has he recovered? I've forgotten - he lost the sight in 1
eye, right? & he's an older cat? Hope he's learning to compensate. Love to
see any recent pictures since his return home.
M.

sheelagh
May 9th 07, 04:40 PM
On 9 May, 16:12, "mariib via CatKB.com" <u22[email protected]> wrote:
> >[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]

> >It's great to see you expressing an opinion Mari. You should do it
> >more often!
> >More to the point how is my coco today?
> >S;o)
>
> he's sitting in the kitchen window sniffing the breeze thru the screen,
> watching the (ratty) squirrels & birds in the backyard. We've got far too
> many squirrels - black, gray & smaller red ones - & some are doing serious
> damage to the massive pine trees in the back & around the side, peeling off
> the bark from the branches causing the branches to die. Anyway, it's a
> beautiful spring day here.
>
> And how's Ringo - has he recovered? I've forgotten - he lost the sight in 1
> eye, right? & he's an older cat? Hope he's learning to compensate. Love to
> see any recent pictures since his return home.
> M.

And how's Ringo - has he recovered? I've forgotten - he lost the
sight in 1
> eye, right? & he's an older cat? Hope he's learning to compensate. Love to
> see any recent pictures since his return home.

You will hopefully after the weekend. I need a camera rather
desperately because I am missing the kittens growing up. I do have one
of those hopeless disposable things, but that is no use to me on here,
is it?

<gnashing my teeth>
however, he is doing fine playing king of his castle. Yes he lost the
sight of an eye, but you wouldn't think so when you see him making his
way to the top of the freezer to get a few lid inspections for 40
winks, LOL!!

<he's snoozing up there now actually>.
your lucky to have red squirrels believe it or not. the grey squirrels
have wiped them out already.. Sad really
S;o)

Lynne
May 9th 07, 08:22 PM
on Wed, 09 May 2007 15:40:48 GMT, sheelagh >
wrote:

> however, he is doing fine playing king of his castle. Yes he lost the
> sight of an eye, but you wouldn't think so when you see him making his
> way to the top of the freezer to get a few lid inspections for 40
> winks, LOL!!

This is great news!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 01:51 AM
On 9 May, 20:22, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 09 May 2007 15:40:48 GMT, sheelagh >
> wrote:
>
> > however, he is doing fine playing king of his castle. Yes he lost the
> > sight of an eye, but you wouldn't think so when you see him making his
> > way to the top of the freezer to get a few lid inspections for 40
> > winks, LOL!!
>
> This is great news!
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

It is Lynne.
I can't tell you how grateful I am that he pulled through this one,
yet @ the same time, I can't help but feel guilty for the others who
lost their precious feline friends. It was a terrible thing to happen,
but that is life I guess;o(

I have no camera right now, but I am hoping to buy a digital one over
the weekend so that I can take a few more of him to show you how well
he is doing & how clever he is @ finding places for a quick snooze
between making himself look handsome & debonair too...Very appealing I
must say, ROFLOL.....He sure has CAT-I-TUDE
S;o)

Cheryl
May 10th 07, 03:21 AM
On Tue 08 May 2007 04:00:41p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and
> was just wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It
> seems that past best friends are current enemies and vice versa.
> It appears that several old trolls are back again and
> [possible] new trolls are here posting under several 'nyms.
>
> So, what's going on, what did I miss - where are the goddamned
> programs??! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Wierd, eh? Good to see you CN. We done growed up.

--
Cheryl

CatNipped[_2_]
May 10th 07, 05:54 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Tue 08 May 2007 04:00:41p, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> I haven't been hanging around the cats groups much lately and
>> was just wondering about the current "social dynamics" here. It
>> seems that past best friends are current enemies and vice versa.
>> It appears that several old trolls are back again and
>> [possible] new trolls are here posting under several 'nyms.
>>
>> So, what's going on, what did I miss - where are the goddamned
>> programs??! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

> Wierd, eh? Good to see you CN. We done growed up.

OH NO! I don't want to grow up! [Now I have the "I Don't Want to Grow Up"
earworm - from the Mary Martin version of Peter Pan (gawds I'm older than
dirt to remember that one!).]

Hugs,

CatNipped