PDA

View Full Version : Update on Unusually small kitten & family

cidneysue via CatKB.com
May 9th 07, 06:01 PM
I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens that
appeared at my home a few weeks ago.

As far as the "little fur ball" the original question concerned....he is
snuggled safely in my bedroom in a box.

Thanks again for all of the concern!!!

Cidneysue

cindys
May 9th 07, 06:26 PM
"cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens
>that
> appeared at my home a few weeks ago.
>
> As far as the "little fur ball" the original question concerned....he is
> snuggled safely in my bedroom in a box.
>
> Thanks again for all of the concern!!!
>
> Cidneysue
-------
I just love a happy ending :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Gail
May 9th 07, 08:51 PM
Wonderful!! I hope whoever took the Mom will have her spayed ASAP. Good
job!!
Gail
"cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens
>that
> appeared at my home a few weeks ago.
>
> As far as the "little fur ball" the original question concerned....he is
> snuggled safely in my bedroom in a box.
>
> Thanks again for all of the concern!!!
>
> Cidneysue

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 12:23 AM
On 9 May, 18:26, "cindys" > wrote:
> "cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]>I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens
> >that
> > appeared at my home a few weeks ago.
>
> > As far as the "little fur ball" the original question concerned....he is
> > snuggled safely in my bedroom in a box.
>
> > Thanks again for all of the concern!!!
>
> > Cidneysue
>
> -------
> I just love a happy ending :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

> I just love a happy ending :-)

Me too. I am delighted to hear this. Thank you for taking the time and
bother to find her a more permanent home and stable environment. I am
assuming that whoever took her in will be spaying her?

I know that we must all sound like Spay patrol, but I assure you that
it is for a good reason. I used to breed Birmans & Ragdolls too. It
took a photograph of 4oil drums Full of euthanized Dead cats & dogs
for me to see that I was wrong to breed cats when there are 100's of
thousands of lovely cats out there that need homes, & I was taking
those possible homes away from them.
If I said that I dont regret it one iota, I would be lying!
It was my income & I loved the kitty bit... but nothing will ever take
that picture from my mind, & I knew that it was morally wrong. I have
my final litter here right now.

I will continue to take in Cat Protection League queens and kittens as
well as Ragdoll & Birman rescue queens and kittens that are found and
confiscated by the RSPCA or other agencies where they find them in
unfit conditions.
(we call them kitten farms, but I believe you call them kitten
mills).

Thank you for taking the time out to make sure that they had a stable
home. most people would call the dog/cat pound( not sure what you
would call them?)..It was kind of you & I am a firm believer in what
comes round, goes around. You have good fortune ahead of you
somewhere, sometime.

Can't wait to hear the life and times of fur ball, ROFLOL!! Do we have
a name for him yet?
S;o)

cidneysue via CatKB.com
May 10th 07, 01:32 AM
Yes, yes....all will be spayed and neutered... I was promised. I was told
that was first on the list for Mom.

I've taken in many strays and the last one was a few weeks pregnant. I made
the difficult decision to have her spayed and have the undeveloped kittens
destroyed. The baby was a baby herself and I didn't know what else to do!!

As far as a name for "fur ball"....nope nothing yet!

Cidneysue

Gail wrote:
>Wonderful!! I hope whoever took the Mom will have her spayed ASAP. Good
>job!!
>Gail
>>I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens
>>that
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>> Cidneysue

Cheryl
May 10th 07, 02:59 AM
On Wed 09 May 2007 07:23:17p, sheelagh wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ps.com>:

> I know that we must all sound like Spay patrol, but I assure you
> that it is for a good reason. I used to breed Birmans & Ragdolls
> too. It took a photograph of 4oil drums Full of euthanized Dead
> cats & dogs for me to see that I was wrong to breed cats when
> there are 100's of thousands of lovely cats out there that need
> homes, & I was taking those possible homes away from them.
> If I said that I dont regret it one iota, I would be lying!
> It was my income & I loved the kitty bit... but nothing will
> ever take that picture from my mind, & I knew that it was
> morally wrong. I have my final litter here right now.

I am so proud of you for writing that. I wish you luck with
fostering, and I think you might get more satisfaction out of
helping those already here, but I understand your sadness over your
discovery. I'm still mixed about breeding purebreds. That's all I'm
saying on that.

--
Cheryl

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 01:40 PM
On 10 May, 02:59, Cheryl > wrote:
> On Wed 09 May 2007 07:23:17p, sheelagh wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> ps.com>:
>
> > I know that we must all sound like Spay patrol, but I assure you
> > that it is for a good reason. I used to breed Birmans & Ragdolls
> > too. It took a photograph of 4oil drums Full of euthanized Dead
> > cats & dogs for me to see that I was wrong to breed cats when
> > there are 100's of thousands of lovely cats out there that need
> > homes, & I was taking those possible homes away from them.
> > If I said that I dont regret it one iota, I would be lying!
> > It was my income & I loved the kitty bit... but nothing will
> > ever take that picture from my mind, & I knew that it was
> > morally wrong. I have my final litter here right now.
>
> I am so proud of you for writing that. I wish you luck with
> fostering, and I think you might get more satisfaction out of
> helping those already here, but I understand your sadness over your
> discovery. I'm still mixed about breeding purebreds. That's all I'm
> saying on that.
>
> --
> Cheryl

I am so proud of you for writing that. I wish you luck with
> fostering, and I think you might get more satisfaction out of
> helping those already here, but I understand your sadness over your
> discovery. I'm still mixed about breeding purebreds. That's all I'm
> saying on that.

Thank you v. much. I think I have made the right decision. Financially
it is going to punch me, but there is more to life than money. We get
enough to live on, & that is what is most important. I have been
toying with the ides of looking after people's cats whilst they go
away on holiday, or into hospital ect ( A Cattery). It would raise a
bit more money & we have the pens and space to take them. If it went
well, we also have the room & there would be money to expand. Also,
the money would help with the community feeding bowls & taking in the
refuge cats too. The biggest problem is trying not to fall in love
with them. In the last 12 months, we have acquired 2 cats
intentionally, LOL....

Your right about the kittens though, I do get a buzz out of knowing
that they will go to homes where they are wanted, loved, & adored.It
isn't hard work & it's loads of fun..

Oh well, life is a huge experience
S;o)

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 03:42 PM
On 10 May, 01:32, "cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes, yes....all will be spayed and neutered... I was promised. I was told
> that was first on the list for Mom.
>
> I've taken in many strays and the last one was a few weeks pregnant. I made
> the difficult decision to have her spayed and have the undeveloped kittens
> destroyed. The baby was a baby herself and I didn't know what else to do!!
>
> As far as a name for "fur ball"....nope nothing yet!
>
> Cidneysue
>
> Gail wrote:
> >Wonderful!! I hope whoever took the Mom will have her spayed ASAP. Good
> >job!!
> >Gail
> >>I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens
> >>that
> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>
> >> Cidneysue

On 10 May, 01:32, "cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes, yes....all will be spayed and neutered... I was promised. I was told
> that was first on the list for Mom.

Super!

> I've taken in many strays and the last one was a few weeks pregnant. I made
> the difficult decision to have her spayed and have the undeveloped kittens
> destroyed. The baby was a baby herself and I didn't know what else to do!!

I really do feel for you on that one. It is a terribly difficult
decision to make & not one that I would relish @ all.. but if she was
a little girl, then you were probably be doing her a favour..It's a
sorry position to find yourself in, however, I have to agree with the
terrible decision you had to make @ the time...

> As far as a name for "fur ball"....nope nothing yet!

I bet he ends up with that nick-name for the rest of his life;o)
I thought Bandit was rather nice..
Anyone got any better idea's, LOL?
Can't wait to hear more of the escapeds of Furr Ball........

S;o)

Lis
May 10th 07, 05:58 PM
On May 9, 1:01 pm, "cidneysue via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I thought I'd let ya'll know I found good homes for the mom and kittens that
> appeared at my home a few weeks ago.
>
> As far as the "little fur ball" the original question concerned....he is
> snuggled safely in my bedroom in a box.
>
> Thanks again for all of the concern!!!
>
> Cidneysue

Great news! I'm sure the Fur Ball (that's his name, right?) <blinks
innocently> will bring you joy.

Lis

cindys
May 10th 07, 09:46 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Thank you v. much. I think I have made the right decision. Financially
> it is going to punch me, but there is more to life than money. We get
> enough to live on, & that is what is most important. I have been
> toying with the ides of looking after people's cats whilst they go
> away on holiday
-------
I think that's a great idea. We are going away at the end of the month. My
mother will be watching Daisy and Bullwinkle (who are very quiet) at her
house, Alex will be boarded (because of his medical and litter box issues),
and I am going to ask a friend to come in to feed Amanda and Tux. (I would
be afraid to leave any of my other cats unsupervised with Tux because he can
be aggressive, but he's afraid of Amanda.) I feel terrible leaving Tux and
Amanda because Tux goes crazy without people around, but he would go more
crazy in a cage at the veterinary boarding facility, and my mother couldn't
handle four cats, especially where two of them are very active (Amanda and
Tux). If you lived closer, I would be so happy to leave my cats at your
house while we were away. I know they would be spoiled rotten! Good luck
with your idea. I hope it works out.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 12:36 AM
On 10 May, 21:46, "cindys" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> >> Thank you v. much. I think I have made the right decision. Financially
> > it is going to punch me, but there is more to life than money. We get
> > enough to live on, & that is what is most important. I have been
> > toying with the ides of looking after people's cats whilst they go
> > away on holiday
>
> -------
> I think that's a great idea. We are going away at the end of the month. My
> mother will be watching Daisy and Bullwinkle (who are very quiet) at her
> house, Alex will be boarded (because of his medical and litter box issues),
> and I am going to ask a friend to come in to feed Amanda and Tux. (I would
> be afraid to leave any of my other cats unsupervised with Tux because he can
> be aggressive, but he's afraid of Amanda.) I feel terrible leaving Tux and
> Amanda because Tux goes crazy without people around, but he would go more
> crazy in a cage at the veterinary boarding facility, and my mother couldn't
> handle four cats, especially where two of them are very active (Amanda and
> Tux). If you lived closer, I would be so happy to leave my cats at your
> house while we were away. I know they would be spoiled rotten! Good luck
> with your idea. I hope it works out.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Thanks Cindy. I hope that it will too. There are a couple of things
that I need to do before I could do it on a professional basis, but I
figured it might be a good idea too.

Because Paul is disabled, I am home the vast majority of the time, so
if I am to do anything, it would need to be something that I "can do,
& want to do too". I already do it for quite a few friends every year
when they go on annual holidays & also for other friends when they
have to go away either unexpectedly, or even into hospital... so it
makes sense to charge a minimal amount which would help out
financially with the other puss cats, but wouldn't tax the owner if
they were forced into that position..

(needing their cat to be cared for, I mean..)

We never go away, so I wouldn't have the problem of who would care for
them if I had to go away, & if the unexpected were to happen, I know
that the rest of the family would pitch in & help out where they are
needed to. Both of my elder son's have experience with cats & Dogs &
work for a Kennels where they have to do animal husbandry as part of
their duties. They even have to take exams to gain their licenses to
care for them. add that to the fact that they already help out with
the cats that we have here, & I know that I wouldn't loose any sleep
worrying about whether things are ok @ home. Currently counting
kittens and all of the cats too, we have 16 cats here, & that is no
major problem.

I do have to think of my neighbors though, & to run a cattery I would
also need a permit to work from home by our local council. I have
already asked my immediate neighbor's how they feel about it, & all of
them have been very supportive regarding this idea. So I anticipate no
problems there. All I really need to do now, is compare other cattery
prices, undercut them if possible & do a feasibility study to present
to my bank manager. I have already had a quick word with him regarding
this, & in principle he seems to think it is a good idea as well.

I will let you know how it progresses, & thank you for the support.
S;o)