PDA

View Full Version : 10 pounds!

Lynne
May 9th 07, 08:20 PM
Just as Cybercat predicted, I now have a 10 lb cat hanging off my face
(suckling). Levi went to the vet today and weighed in at this healthy
weight. I was shocked! He's slim and trim but very solid (except for the
belly pouch).

Still no explanation for his frequent bouts of rapid breathing at rest,
though. Very frustrating.

He will be one year old on August 1, which is his guesstimated birthdate.
I'm not quite ready for him to grow up, though...

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Running Scissors
May 9th 07, 08:56 PM
Lynne wrote:

> Just as Cybercat predicted, I now have a 10 lb cat hanging off my face
> (suckling). Levi went to the vet today and weighed in at this healthy
> weight. I was shocked! He's slim and trim but very solid (except for the
> belly pouch).
>
> Still no explanation for his frequent bouts of rapid breathing at rest,
> though. Very frustrating.

My little guy used to do this while resting after playing, even at a
moderate level, and outgrew it.

> He will be one year old on August 1, which is his guesstimated birthdate.
> I'm not quite ready for him to grow up, though...

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 01:19 AM
On 9 May, 20:20, Lynne > wrote:
> Just as Cybercat predicted, I now have a 10 lb cat hanging off my face
> (suckling). Levi went to the vet today and weighed in at this healthy
> weight. I was shocked! He's slim and trim but very solid (except for the
> belly pouch).
>
> Still no explanation for his frequent bouts of rapid breathing at rest,
> though. Very frustrating.
>
> He will be one year old on August 1, which is his guesstimated birthdate.
> I'm not quite ready for him to grow up, though...
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Oh Brilliant, LOL..
Lynne, I am delighted for you. He is one of those cats that you meet &
you *never forget* if you know what I mean? I think that he is doing
ever so well, & RS is probably right regarding his out of breath
bouts. I am sure that if it were a real HUGE problem that it would
have manifested itself by now....

Take the time out to simply enjoy your little boy. Of course he
doesn't have to grow up yet.. Why should he when he has a mummy who is
happy to indulge him too? Anyway, we all know that little boys take
far longer to mature than girls do...

I can't believe that he is 10lb already!! A little mean lean fighting
machine LOL

<only fighting his tail though, LOL>
The Belly pouch is his mummy's little treat box....
Is he still sucking mummy's lip though? I would hate for that to end.
It is unique to him alone & it is so Cuteee......

Any chance of more photos soon?
I don't have a camera @ the mo, so I am having withdrawal symptoms
here..
Take Pity on me pleaseeeee?

S;o)
PS: Purr's leg weaves and head butts to the rest of the crew too of
course:o)

Cheryl
May 10th 07, 02:55 AM
On Wed 09 May 2007 03:20:49p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
m>:

> Just as Cybercat predicted, I now have a 10 lb cat hanging off
> my face (suckling). Levi went to the vet today and weighed in
> at this healthy weight. I was shocked! He's slim and trim but
> very solid (except for the belly pouch).
>
> Still no explanation for his frequent bouts of rapid breathing
> at rest, though. Very frustrating.
>
> He will be one year old on August 1, which is his guesstimated
> birthdate. I'm not quite ready for him to grow up, though...

He's growing up strong and healthy! That is so wonderful given the
scare you had with him early on. Watch out because some of these
boy cats can grow huge before your very eyes. :) Rhett is one
such cat. He's now over 15 pounds, but not a bit of fat on him.
He's got the tummy sway thing, but you can tell by the feel of
their neck and the thickness of the base of their tail. And of
course the roundness when you look down on their shape.

When I first got Scarlett and Rhett in the fall of 2004, the vet
told me they couldn't be from the same litter. At ~9wks Scarlett
was about 3 pounds, Rhett was about 5. But I saw pictures of them
at 5 wks and their other litter mates; all identically marked and
clearly from the same litter - 2 gray tabby females and 2 brown
spotty tabby males. Soon after they came here, Rhett grew so fast,
and Scarlett was still a little sickly, so she grew a little
slower. She caught up and is a healthy 9 pounds now. But very long
in length. After seeing the entire litter and how identical they
are, I thought maybe they were Bengals, or at least part. Our vet
thinks they are Ocicats.

Wow, I'm rambling and a bit wired this week. Been a very stressful
week and I can't wait for Friday to get here. *whew*

--
Cheryl

bookie
May 10th 07, 04:48 PM
On 10 May, 02:55, Cheryl > wrote:
> On Wed 09 May 2007 03:20:49p, Lynne wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> m>:
>
> > Just as Cybercat predicted, I now have a 10 lb cat hanging off
> > my face (suckling). Levi went to the vet today and weighed in
> > at this healthy weight. I was shocked! He's slim and trim but
> > very solid (except for the belly pouch).
>
> > Still no explanation for his frequent bouts of rapid breathing
> > at rest, though. Very frustrating.
>
> > He will be one year old on August 1, which is his guesstimated
> > birthdate. I'm not quite ready for him to grow up, though...
>
> He's growing up strong and healthy! That is so wonderful given the
> scare you had with him early on. Watch out because some of these
> boy cats can grow huge before your very eyes. :) Rhett is one
> such cat. He's now over 15 pounds, but not a bit of fat on him.
> He's got the tummy sway thing, but you can tell by the feel of
> their neck and the thickness of the base of their tail. And of
> course the roundness when you look down on their shape.
>
> When I first got Scarlett and Rhett in the fall of 2004, the vet
> told me they couldn't be from the same litter. At ~9wks Scarlett
> was about 3 pounds, Rhett was about 5. But I saw pictures of them
> at 5 wks and their other litter mates; all identically marked and
> clearly from the same litter - 2 gray tabby females and 2 brown
> spotty tabby males. Soon after they came here, Rhett grew so fast,
> and Scarlett was still a little sickly, so she grew a little
> slower. She caught up and is a healthy 9 pounds now. But very long
> in length. After seeing the entire litter and how identical they
> are, I thought maybe they were Bengals, or at least part. Our vet
> thinks they are Ocicats.
>
> Wow, I'm rambling and a bit wired this week. Been a very stressful
> week and I can't wait for Friday to get here. *whew*
>
> --
> Cheryl

sometimes kittens form the same litter (same mother of course) can
have different fathers if the mother was mated in very quick succesion
by a couple of randy tomcats when she was in heat, so maybe that is
why there was a aslight difference in them.

and don't worry, your boy levi will NEVER grow up by the sounds of
things, our tegan (RB july 2006) was laos referred to as 'the kitten'
and right up until she died aged 17 she acted like a daft little
kitten too, always demanding fuss and cuddles and titbits of cheese
and ham, we would not have had her any other way (well actually i
woudl have another way; alive and not in pain but that is just not
possible :-( )

bookie

cindys
May 10th 07, 06:33 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
snip

> and don't worry, your boy levi will NEVER grow up by the sounds of
> things, our tegan (RB july 2006) was laos referred to as 'the kitten'
> and right up until she died aged 17
-------
Me too. Until Molly died at age 17, I always called her "my kitten." I miss
her.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
May 10th 07, 11:30 PM
On 10 May, 18:33, "cindys" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
> snip
>
> > and don't worry, your boy levi will NEVER grow up by the sounds of
> > things, our tegan (RB july 2006) was laos referred to as 'the kitten'
> > and right up until she died aged 17
>
> -------
> Me too. Until Molly died at age 17, I always called her "my kitten." I miss
> her.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I have always had a "thing" for Levis. He is a unique cat in many
senses of the term, isn't he? I know that sometimes it has been hard
work for you regarding worrying about him, & emotionally difficult @
times for you, but he is certainly worth it. I love his coat, his
individuality & his zest for life in general. It's "His World", & he
just wants you to know it...

And share your lip of course, LOL...or is that HIS LIP?
He is a Pukka Cat!
S;o)

Barry
May 11th 07, 03:05 AM
On May 9, 9:06 pm,
Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Resear
wrote:

> Today I ...
>
> read more

Look, I don't expect you to give much consideration to my words, I
really don't.

but, why oh why does it take me FOREVER to read one paragraph of yours

by the time I decide what word you have created a phonic for, I am TOO
MUTHER****ING ****ED OFF TO CARE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

I get the feeling you don't give a rip about WHAT you're saying, so
long as it conveys your contempt.

You can't be serious man, if you was, you'd stop acting like a
FOWEGEEEEING idiot.

May 11th 07, 04:01 AM
On May 10, 10:05 pm, Barry > wrote:
> On May 9, 9:06 pm,
> Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Resear
> wrote:
>
> > Today I ...
>
> > read more
>
> Look, I don't expect you to give much consideration to my words, I
> really don't.
>
> but, why oh why does it take me FOREVER to read one paragraph of yours
>
> by the time I decide what word you have created a phonic for, I am TOO
> MUTHER****ING ****ED OFF TO CARE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING
>
> I get the feeling you don't give a rip about WHAT you're saying, so
> long as it conveys your contempt.
>
> You can't be serious man, if you was, you'd stop acting like a
> FOWEGEEEEING idiot.

You misSPELLED FHOWEGEEEING... <{}': ~ ) >

Barry
May 11th 07, 04:07 AM
On May 10, 11:01 pm, wrote:

> You misSPELLED FHOWEGEEEING... <{}': ~ ) >

You've been selected for a free mental make-over

just step right up

it won't hurt much, hold this electrical chord, you're gonna like this

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 11:49 AM
On 11 May, 04:07, Barry > wrote:
> On May 10, 11:01 pm, wrote:
>
> > You misSPELLED FHOWEGEEEING... <{}': ~ ) >
>
> You've been selected for a free mental make-over
>
> just step right up
>
> it won't hurt much, hold this electrical chord, you're gonna like this

ROLOL
<holding my sides, they ache too much>

Barry
May 11th 07, 12:46 PM
On May 11, 6:49 am, sheelagh > wrote:

> ROLOL <right on! lol>
> <holding my sides, they ache too much>

that's goood... you're treatment is working niiice
let me know if get any ringing in your ears

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 02:09 PM
On 11 May, 12:46, Barry > wrote:
> On May 11, 6:49 am, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > ROLOL <right on! lol>
> > <holding my sides, they ache too much>
>
> that's goood... you're treatment is working niiice
> let me know if get any ringing in your ears

I don't think so.

It was the thought of the person you were posting to that amused me.

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 02:12 PM
On 11 May, 12:46, Barry > wrote:
> On May 11, 6:49 am, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > ROLOL <right on! lol>
> > <holding my sides, they ache too much>
>
> that's goood... you're treatment is working niiice
> let me know if get any ringing in your ears

Whats wrong BTW?
S.

Barry
May 11th 07, 04:03 PM
On May 11, 9:12 am, sheelagh > wrote:

> Whats wrong BTW?
> S.

Im scared to say anything, don't wants to put my foot in my mouth

sooo, I plead the 5th amendment of our constitution and for you maybe
a little Parliat?

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 05:22 PM
On 11 May, 16:03, Barry > wrote:
> On May 11, 9:12 am, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > Whats wrong BTW?
> > S.
>
> Im scared to say anything, don't wants to put my foot in my mouth
>
> sooo, I plead the 5th amendment of our constitution and for you maybe
> a little Parliat?

> Im scared to say anything, don't wants to put my foot in my mouth

Mhhh Mhuh...Boy, you been watching too many of them darned cow boy
films!!

Whatchu mean by I is gunna stick my foot in my mouth....?
You is By Far TOOOO Clever to do that, n we both know it....

What happens if you don't get the 5th amendment?

I suppose we do but they say, "You have the right to remain silent,
but anything that you do say may be taken down as evidence & used
against you in a court of Law"...
That mean the same thing?

S;o)

Barry
May 11th 07, 09:06 PM
On May 11, 12:22 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> I suppose we do but they say, "You have the right to remain silent,
> but anything that you do say may be taken down as evidence & used
> against you in a court of Law"...
> That mean the same thing?
>
> S;o)

exactly