> From: "barb" >
> Subject: Cost of check-up
> Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:17 AM
>
> What's the going rate these days for a well cat check up and shots? I was
> kind of floored by the $120 tab.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

I think it depends partly on where you are. Also, how old is your cat?
These days, my annual well-cat visits for my two girls include senior
blood screens--$120 total sounds quite reasonable.:) Without that,
yeah, I'd expect to get out for somewhat under $100. It varies,
though, because overhead isn't the same everywhere, and because price
tolerance isn't the same for all clienteles. A few years ago, I was
living in the state capital, working at a law firm, and using the same
veterinary clinic as the lawyers. (It was a very pet-oriented firm,
for a variety of reasons.) It was expensive, but I had total
confidence in the care my cats were getting. When I moved and had to
change, I asked them who they recommended in the area I was moving to.
Still excellent care, but lower fixed costs and a more mixed
clientele; fees are somewhat lower. But the northeast still has higher
costs overall than a lot of other areas, so still not cheap compared
to somewhere where people would faint at the price of a reasonably
decent small house here.

Lis

barb
May 11th 07, 05:32 PM
From: "barb" >
Subject: Cost of check-up
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:17 AM

What's the going rate these days for a well cat check up and shots? I was
kind of floored by the $120 tab.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

sheelagh
May 11th 07, 05:52 PM
On 11 May, 17:32, "barb" > wrote:
> From: "barb" >
> Subject: Cost of check-up
> Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:17 AM
>
> What's the going rate these days for a well cat check up and shots? I was
> kind of floored by the $120 tab.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Actually, that is comparitivly cheap to the UK. To have double shot
alone costs 56($112) here. If you want bloods added, it is another
30($60) for a short count. A full count can be upto 50($100)....

I felt the same way when I took ours to have them done just over a
week ago. It nearly wiped me out.. But the problem,m is that you can't
afford to miss it just once, because sods law say's that you will be
affected, always!!

(well it does in my case)

S;o)

barb
May 12th 07, 10:54 PM
The cat is only 4 years old so just a well cat check-up and shots. But
apparently from the other posters my charge is pretty standard. I guess I
was used to my older cats who did have blood work, teeth care and other
tests.
Just wanted to make sure the charge wasn't too out of line.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.