PDA

View Full Version : Is this unethical?

Blastforth
May 13th 07, 01:09 AM
I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
and give him that. He won't know the difference.

She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

mlbriggs
May 13th 07, 01:15 AM
On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:09:46 -0700, Blastforth wrote:

> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

NO!

Linda Boucher
May 13th 07, 01:40 AM
yes she is
"Blastforth" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

Spot
May 13th 07, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that hairball with tell you right away that he's upset at
this. Cats are very smart I know you would not get away with this at my
house.

Celeste

"Blastforth" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

Joe Canuck[_2_]
May 13th 07, 04:27 AM
Blastforth wrote:
> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

Haha... good luck with that.

My cat knows immediately when offered regular food over a treat and
walks away from it.

Sherry
May 13th 07, 05:05 AM
On May 12, 7:09 pm, Blastforth > wrote:
> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

No way. Friskies sent me a sample of their "dental diet" cat food. I
doled it out a few chunks at
a time like treats, and they loved it. Begged for the stuff. I didn't
want to change their
regular diet, so I just bought another box of Friskies Dental Diet and
filled the treat jar up with it.
Luckily they can't read, and don't go to the store so they don't know
it's dirt-cheap. If they
did, they probably wouldn't eat it.

Sherry

mlbriggs
May 13th 07, 06:06 AM
On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:15:31 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

> On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:09:46 -0700, Blastforth wrote:
>
>> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
>> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
>> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
>> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
>> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>>
>> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?
>

> NO!
IMHO It is the personal attention they really like. MLB

-L.
May 13th 07, 09:24 AM
Blastforth wrote:
> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

no.

-L.

Running Scissors
May 13th 07, 05:47 PM
Blastforth wrote:

> I have a home office and two cats. My assistant spoils Hairball with
> treats. When we ran out of treats, she asked me to get more. (Hairball
> becomes violent when he wants a treat and we're not fast enough.)
> I told her just put some of Hairball's dry food in the treat container
> and give him that. He won't know the difference.
>
> She said that would be unethical. Is she right?

Is this a joke?