PDA

View Full Version : cats, Salmon, and eyes

David Mooney
May 16th 07, 08:19 PM
I opened a 14 oz. can of Pink Salmon today and divided it into four bowls
for my cats to eat. Two of my cats were present and they began tp eat
immediately. They loved the juice.

However, they didn't finish it all so I took what was left and put the two
bowls in the fridge where the other two were.

My question is this: How long can pink Salmon be kept in thew fridge before
I should throw it out? They will surely eat some more tomorrow.

If anyone can help, thanks.

Situation Number 2 my nine-week old kitty likes sleeping on my lap, chest
and shoulders. This morning he was on my chest and facing me. Sudenly, he
became playfull, and began swatting at my eyes. Is this behavior normal? My
other 3 cat's don't do it.

thanks,
David L

May 17th 07, 02:20 PM
On 16 May, 20:19, "David Mooney" > wrote:
> I opened a 14 oz. can of Pink Salmon today and divided it into four bowls
> for my cats to eat. Two of my cats were present and they began tp eat
> immediately. They loved the juice.
>
> However, they didn't finish it all so I took what was left and put the two
> bowls in the fridge where the other two were.
>
> My question is this: How long can pink Salmon be kept in thew fridge before
> I should throw it out? They will surely eat some more tomorrow.
>
> If anyone can help, thanks.
>
> Situation Number 2 my nine-week old kitty likes sleeping on my lap, chest
> and shoulders. This morning he was on my chest and facing me. Sudenly, he
> became playfull, and began swatting at my eyes. Is this behavior normal? My
> other 3 cat's don't do it.
>
> thanks,
> David L

> My question is this: How long can pink Salmon be kept in thew fridge before
> I should throw it out? They will surely eat some more tomorrow.

Once opened, you shouldn't keep it in a chiller for any longer than 24
hours.
To make it last longer, split it up into portions & use cheap
Tupperware boxes to store what is not used in the freezer until such
time as you need it again. then simply defrost what you need, as you
need it.

Be aware that the juice surrounding the salmon often contain excessive
salt ect in it though. Just check the can you are using, because some
manufacturers use more that others. Better still, see if you can get
fresh. It doesn't have to be salmon. most fish is attractive to cats,
so choose a cheaper fish if you need to

> Situation Number 2 my nine-week old kitty likes sleeping on my lap, chest
> and shoulders. This morning he was on my chest and facing me. Sudenly, he
> became playfull, and began swatting at my eyes. Is this behavior normal? My
> other 3 cat's don't do it.

Of course it is:-)
Like all humans, cats are also very different to each other. What
amuses one, might not amuse another. Your kitty is just trying to tell
you that it is time for you to get up so that you can play with him.
It's his way of saying I love you. you should be honoured, Lol
K.

David Mooney
May 17th 07, 03:23 PM
oups.com...