PDA

View Full Version : Question

Kathy
May 17th 07, 06:49 PM
At the beginning of the tainted cat food disaster, I kept checking every
day to make sure that the 3 oz cans of MaxCat Gourmet Adult food we were
feeding our cat was ok.
Only the pouches were showing up on the lists. A couple of weeks into
it, I called the company's customer service # and they told me it was
only the pouches and canned dog food that had been recalled. Reassured,
we kept feeding her the food. Yesterday we went to pick some up at
Petco and they said it had been recalled. I am horrified. She seems ok
but now I don't know what to give her. Is there any canned food that is
definitely safe? If not, I guess we'll have to do some research and
start cooking it ourselves.

Kathy

Matilda
May 18th 07, 03:34 AM
"Kathy" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> At the beginning of the tainted cat food disaster, I kept checking every
> day to make sure that the 3 oz cans of MaxCat Gourmet Adult food we were
> feeding our cat was ok.
> Only the pouches were showing up on the lists. A couple of weeks into it,
> I called the company's customer service # and they told me it was only the
> pouches and canned dog food that had been recalled. Reassured, we kept
> feeding her the food. Yesterday we went to pick some up at Petco and they
> said it had been recalled. I am horrified. She seems ok but now I don't
> know what to give her. Is there any canned food that is definitely safe?
> If not, I guess we'll have to do some research and start cooking it
> ourselves.
>
> Kathy

I've been offering Wellness "grain free" to my cat for about 6 months with
no problems. I haven't seen this brand on any of the "tainted" lists, which
is a good thing because she really loves it.

Kathy
May 18th 07, 03:57 AM
Matilda wrote:
> "Kathy" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>At the beginning of the tainted cat food disaster, I kept checking every
>>day to make sure that the 3 oz cans of MaxCat Gourmet Adult food we were
>>feeding our cat was ok.
>>Only the pouches were showing up on the lists. A couple of weeks into it,
>>I called the company's customer service # and they told me it was only the
>>pouches and canned dog food that had been recalled. Reassured, we kept
>>feeding her the food. Yesterday we went to pick some up at Petco and they
>>said it had been recalled. I am horrified. She seems ok but now I don't
>>know what to give her. Is there any canned food that is definitely safe?
>>If not, I guess we'll have to do some research and start cooking it
>>ourselves.
>>
>>Kathy
>

> I've been offering Wellness "grain free" to my cat for about 6 months with
> no problems. I haven't seen this brand on any of the "tainted" lists, which
> is a good thing because she really loves it.

Thank you. I will look for it.

Kathy