PDA

View Full Version : can cats learn words?

May 18th 07, 07:55 AM
I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
meowing loudly where ever I am.

Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
I mean it was incredible.

Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
incredible.

Joe Canuck[_2_]
May 18th 07, 12:26 PM
wrote:
> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
> I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

This has been going on for years... where have you been? :-D

If I say "bed", my cat runs into the bedroom and figures the humans are
headed off to bed for the evening.

If the doorbell rings, my cat perks up and starts looking around for the
visitors to greet.

If I'm on the phone, my cat seems to know I'm temporarily stuck to this
odd looking device and starts getting into mischief.

If I go out and return, upon return my cat will come running to the door
to greet me if she is not sleeping. Again, the visitors thing but this
time she knows it is me coming back home.

---MIKE---
May 18th 07, 01:27 PM
>>Then I showed them a can of tuna.
>> Their pupils got big and they made eye
>> contact with me, they started meowing
>> loudly, and ran up to my feet begging.
>> The cat actually seemed to know what
>> a can of tuna is. I mean it was
>> incredible.

Try this with a similar size can that is not tuna. I'll bet the
reaction would be the same. I do think they understand some words.
"Come here", "no!" and "treat" are understood but not always responded
to.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

jmagerl[_2_]
May 18th 07, 02:03 PM
I'm convinced they also can tell time. I have a automatic feeder and 2
minutes before it goes off (several times a day) Mr. Bonkers is sitting
there staring at the bowl. How does he know?

Mr. Bonkers knows the word "treat" . I don't have to shake the can, just
say the word to get him to come. (He can respond to treat but not his name -
No incentive I guess)(People think his name is treat - theres a lesson here
somewhere)

"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
>> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
>> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>>
>> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
>> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
>> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
>> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
>> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
>> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
>> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
>> I mean it was incredible.
>>
>> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
>> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
>> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
>> incredible.
>>

> This has been going on for years... where have you been? :-D
>
> If I say "bed", my cat runs into the bedroom and figures the humans are
> headed off to bed for the evening.
>
> If the doorbell rings, my cat perks up and starts looking around for the
> visitors to greet.
>
> If I'm on the phone, my cat seems to know I'm temporarily stuck to this
> odd looking device and starts getting into mischief.
>
> If I go out and return, upon return my cat will come running to the door
> to greet me if she is not sleeping. Again, the visitors thing but this
> time she knows it is me coming back home.

Lis
May 18th 07, 02:21 PM
On May 18, 2:55 am, " >
wrote:
> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
> I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

Of course they can learn just what an object is; how do you think
feral, semi-feral, and plain indoor-outdoor housecats survive? They
have to be able to recognize what's a potential food source, what's
dangerous, etc.

But if you do the same thing with a similar can that's not tuna,
you'll likely get the same reaction, because they can't read and while
they can see color, they don't pay a lot of attention to it. (They use
that ability for gray-scale discrimination in the dark.) They won't be
able to tell it's not tuna unless you open it.

But if they couldn't tell the difference between a can, a bottle, and
a cereal box (the last of which at least they could smell the contents
of), all of which have very different shapes, they'd barely be able to
make their way safely across the living room. And yes, they can learn
to recognize words, too. Not a huge vocabulary, but enough to improve
their ability to live with us.

Lis

Kathy
May 18th 07, 04:24 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
>> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
>> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>>
>> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
>> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
>> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
>> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
>> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
>> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
>> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
>> I mean it was incredible.
>>
>> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
>> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
>> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
>> incredible.
>>

> This has been going on for years... where have you been? :-D
>
> If I say "bed", my cat runs into the bedroom and figures the humans are
> headed off to bed for the evening.
>
> If the doorbell rings, my cat perks up and starts looking around for the
> visitors to greet.
>
> If I'm on the phone, my cat seems to know I'm temporarily stuck to this
> odd looking device and starts getting into mischief.

I think my cat thinks I'm talking to her when I'm talking on the phone
and she sits in front of me, "answering" with meows.

Kathy

> If I go out and return, upon return my cat will come running to the door
> to greet me if she is not sleeping. Again, the visitors thing but this
> time she knows it is me coming back home.

barb
May 18th 07, 04:51 PM
My 4 year old black cat, Pickles, will respond appropriately to:

"Do you want some dry?' (food after her canned food)

"You want out on your deck?"

"Oh, it's your supper time!"

Probably more but I can't think of it right now.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

cybercat
May 18th 07, 05:59 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
> I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

Sure they can!

Claude V. Lucas
May 18th 07, 06:10 PM
In article >, cybercat > wrote:

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>>I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
>> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
>> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>>
>> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
>> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
>> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
>> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
>> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
>> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
>> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
>> I mean it was incredible.
>>
>> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
>> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
>> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
>> incredible.
>>

>Sure they can!

Some can even learn to speak English.

Bubba seems to be able to speak the word "NO" very clearly
whenever I do something that he doesn't want me to do like
pick him up or comb out his fur or clip his sharp points.

plant in "Little Shop of Horrors.

cybercat
May 18th 07, 06:20 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote
>>Sure they can!
>>

> Some can even learn to speak English.
>
> Bubba seems to be able to speak the word "NO" very clearly
> whenever I do something that he doesn't want me to do like
> pick him up or comb out his fur or clip his sharp points.

> plant in "Little Shop of Horrors.

haahaha!!!

Gracie understands love words because of my tone. I pet her
and look at her and kind of draw the words out in a smooth,
melodious voice and she closes her eyes and smiles. :)

Yes, they do smile!

And how about that "happy to see you" stretch and yawn,
head down, ears back, tail curled over the back, with the
little chirp that says, "well, hi, there you are, I thought you'd
never wake up, do you hear those birds out there, let's get
something to eat, what do you think Boo is doing?"

mlbriggs
May 18th 07, 07:18 PM
On Thu, 17 May 2007 23:55:58 -0700, wrote:

> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
> I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

Starting with Princess (RB 16) and now TuTu, if I say "sunshine in the
window" they will run in and find the sunny spot for a warm snooze.
TuTu also responds to "tuna" and "out?" (as son the enclosed patio.
She definitely knows what I mean when I ask "do you want some cuddle?:
She will come and jump on my lap. MLB

Rene S.
May 18th 07, 07:28 PM

> Try this with a similar size can that is not tuna. I'll bet the
> reaction would be the same. I do think they understand some words.
> "Come here", "no!" and "treat" are understood but not always responded
> to.
>
> ---MIKE--->>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

I was thinking the same thing. My cats will react to *any* canned
item, thinking it's canned cat food. Yes, they can learn words. Both
of ours can understand a number of words/phrases. One is also clicker-
trained to perform specific commands (which he enjoys and purrs
during).

May 18th 07, 07:37 PM
---MIKE--- > wrote:

> Try this with a similar size can that is not tuna. I'll bet the
> reaction would be the same. I do think they understand some words.
> "Come here", "no!" and "treat" are understood but not always responded
> to.

One of my cats always responds to the phrase "It's OK, Smudge", by
visibly relaxing. I say it to her whenever something spooks or startles
her. The effect those words have on her is pretty dramatic.

I always thought it had to do with the fact that it was me saying
it, because she trusts me. Also, I say it in a cooing mommy-voice that's
meant to be reassuring.

But one day she was out on the landing, at the top of the stairs in
front of my front door. My neighbor came out of his apartment and came
clumping toward the stairs, causing Smudge to bristle and get ready to
bolt. As my neighbor passed her, he scritched her head and said, "It's
OK, Smudge." And she totally relaxed! The reassurance wasn't coming
from me, and the way he said it was very matter-of-fact - no cooing
mommy-voice from him. :) So I could only conclude that she recognized
the words themselves, which seem to mean to her that... well, it's OK.

Joyce

Patty
May 18th 07, 09:11 PM
wrote:

> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is.
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna
> is. I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

Yes, Grady knew lots of words. In fact, we began spelling words around
him (he hadn't learned to spell yet). Words he reacted to: porch
(he loved to sit on the porch), outside (he loved going outside),
hungry (he was always hungry), eat, deck (he liked snoozing on the
deck), treat. Rusty definitely recognizes things. He knows what the
carton of Half & Half is. They both recognized the sound of the
treat bag. Oh, and both know/knew their names and came when they
were called.

Patty

May 18th 07, 11:00 PM
In >, on 05/18/07
at 07:26 AM, Joe Canuck > said:

>If the doorbell rings, my cat perks up and starts looking around for the
>visitors to greet.

If my doorbell rings, my Siameese chicken immediately takes off and hides
under a bed. Knocks sometimes elicit the same response, but it's every
time with the doorbell.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

May 18th 07, 11:19 PM
wrote:

> If my doorbell rings, my Siameese chicken immediately takes off and hides
> under a bed. Knocks sometimes elicit the same response, but it's every
> time with the doorbell.

LOL - I have a cat like that. He even used to dive under the bed when
a doorbell rang on TV. At least now he can distinguish real from fantasy
doorbells, and only looks around warily when a TV doorbell rings, and
then settles down back to sleep.

Joyce

Cheryl
May 19th 07, 02:06 AM
On Fri 18 May 2007 02:55:58a, wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ups.com>:

> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object
> is? Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see
> the can of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I
> mean it's incredible.

Yes. They are smart creatures. Mine have even learned that the red
dot projected by a laser pointer is coming from something in my
hand. They know the sound it makes when I pick it up (a slight
clink sound that is barely audible to me). One of Rhett's favorite
activities is supervising me scooping the litterboxes and comes
running when he hears the crinkly sound of a grocery bag, and leads
the way running to the litterboxes in the order that I scoop them.

They of course know the words eat, outside, toy, bug, medicine
(Shamrock), no, good boy (even the girls respond to "good boy"),
and many more.

Cats are intelligent creatures, and if they had thumbs they'd
probably take over the world. ;)

--
Cheryl

Grawun
May 19th 07, 08:27 PM
On May 18, 5:55 am, " >
wrote:
> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.

Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
"want a bite?" "let's go to bed" "treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
"its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
wants to.

May 19th 07, 08:40 PM
jmagerl > wrote:

> I'm convinced they also can tell time. I have a automatic feeder and 2
> minutes before it goes off (several times a day) Mr. Bonkers is sitting
> there staring at the bowl. How does he know?

I'm pretty sure most animals have a keenly honed sense of time - it's
critical to their survivial. Maybe the use cues such as how the light
coming through the windows looks, or certain noises they hear coming
from outside, associated with certain times of the day, things like that.
But I'd bet most animals are attuned to time cues, so they know when
certain food is going to be available, or certain predators will be on
the prowl, etc.

Humans are the ones who have lost a lot of these cues, now that we use
clocks to tell us what time it is.

Joyce

May 19th 07, 11:47 PM
In article . com>,
says...
> On May 18, 5:55 am, " >
> wrote:
> > I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> > Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> > meowing loudly where ever I am.
> >
> Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
> vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
> lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
> up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
> "want a bite?" "let's go to bed" "treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
> "its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
> my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
> phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
> lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
> wants to.

All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
means "Come on up!"

Clapped hands mean get down or away.

Language never entered the picture other than names.

May 20th 07, 12:52 AM
On May 17, 11:55 pm, " >
wrote:
> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
> I mean it was incredible.
>
> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

My cat Dede actually says a word. When I give her a bath which she
hates she cries "water" through the whole bathtime, over and over
again. It is very nerve racking because she really hates the water but
needs a flea bath every so often. I have to give her a capsule of St.
John's Wort just to keep her mildly quieter throughout the entire
time.

My two cats Dede and Sabrina also come running when I open a can of
tuna, although they usually do not get any. By thetime I start mixing
it with other things they can tell it is not for them.

John Ross Mc Master
May 20th 07, 04:54 AM
On 19 May 2007 16:52:33 -0700, wrote:

>On May 17, 11:55 pm, " >
>wrote:
>> I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
>> Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
>> meowing loudly where ever I am.
>>
>> Now here is the amazing thing. The cats know what a can of tuna is. I
>> did a little test the other night. I got their visual attention and
>> showed them several objects out of the pantry. A box of cereal, a
>> bottle of vinegar, etc. Every time they just looked at the object.
>> Then I showed them a can of tuna. Their pupils got big and they made
>> eye contact with me, they started meowing loudly, and ran up to my
>> feet begging. The cat actually seemed to know what a can of tuna is.
>> I mean it was incredible.
>>
>> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
>> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
>> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
>> incredible.
>
>My cat Dede actually says a word. When I give her a bath which she
>hates she cries "water" through the whole bathtime, over and over
>again. It is very nerve racking because she really hates the water but
>needs a flea bath every so often. I have to give her a capsule of St.
>John's Wort just to keep her mildly quieter throughout the entire
>time.

Try Revolution instead. It protects for 1 month from fleas, and also
most worms and ear mites.

>My two cats Dede and Sabrina also come running when I open a can of
>tuna, although they usually do not get any. By thetime I start mixing
>it with other things they can tell it is not for them.

bobandcarole[_2_]
May 21st 07, 02:31 AM
On May 19, 6:47�pm, T > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>

> > On May 18, 5:55 am, " >
> > wrote:
> > > I have 2 cats they are around 3 years old. They love tuna fish.
> > > Whenever I say the word "tuna" real loud, they come running and
> > > meowing loudly where ever I am.
>
> > Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
> > vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
> > lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
> > up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
> > "want a bite?" "let's go to bed" *"treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
> > "its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
> > my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
> > phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
> > lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
> > wants to.
>
> All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
> means "Come on up!"

Are you still molesting cats???

ScottyFLL
May 21st 07, 02:49 AM
On May 20, 9:31 pm, bobandcarole > wrote:
> On May 19, 6:47?pm, T > wrote:
>

> > In article . com>,
> > says...

> > > Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
> > > vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
> > > lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
> > > up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
> > > "want a bite?" "let's go to bed" ?"treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
> > > "its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
> > > my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
> > > phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
> > > lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
> > > wants to.
>
> > All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
> > means "Come on up!"
>
> Are you still molesting cats???-

How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?

bob&carole.
May 21st 07, 02:58 AM
On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:
> On May 20, 9:31 pm, bobandcarole > wrote:
>

> > On May 19, 6:47?pm, T > wrote:
>
> > > In article . com>,
> > > says...

> > > All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
> > > means "Come on up!"
>
> > Are you still molesting cats???-
>
> How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?

Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
that put you in your place?

May 21st 07, 03:20 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> On May 19, 6:47=3Fpm, T > wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > says...

> > > Sure they can understand words. My Grady cat had quite a large
> > > vocabulary and so does my Tillie. "come up" and she will hop up on my
> > > lap. If she seems undecided I say "let's hug" and then she will come
> > > up. "come on" and she comes along with me.
> > > "want a bite?" "let's go to bed" *"treat" she knows she is "Tillie."
> > > "its OK " seems to calm her if she is startled. If she is sitting on
> > > my lap and a bell rings she knows I have to answer it. Door bell,
> > > phone, kitchen timer she jumps right down. She probably understands a
> > > lot more than she lets on. She seems to respond best to the things she
> > > wants to.
> >
> > All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
> > means "Come on up!"
>
> Are you still molesting cats???

Screw you Bob. Do you know the definition of harrasment? Because what
you're doing is harrasment and violates several statutes.

ScottyFLL
May 21st 07, 03:27 AM
On May 20, 9:58 pm, "bob&carole." > wrote:
> On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:

> > > Are you still molesting cats???-
>
> > How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?
>
> Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
> that put you in your place?-

Speaking of putting people in their place, let's revisit yet again
your vile BISEXUAL EXTRA-MARITAL GROUP ****FEST ad posted to
alt.personals.BIG-FOLKS:

"we are a white cpl, 40s, looking for bi female, or cpl w/bi female
for hot times. she is 5/7 fullfigured, 44dd tits, and a juicy shaved
pussy that squirts when she cums. he is 6/1 225, hairy chest, short
beard, and 7 inches. we seek people in the louisville, southern
indiana area. we can exchange pics. if interested, email
"

Subject: SOUTHERN INDIANA COUPLE SEEKS.......
Date: 2000/03/15

Blob's adulterous group-sex ad looking for bi female or couple:
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcfullpersonaladscreenslz4.jpg

Detail from the above ad:
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcdetailpersonaladfe2.jpg

A post from the year 2000 referencing the vile ad:
http://groups.google.com/group/triangle.personals.bi/msg/0bdc58ebcd7fce6f

bobandcarole..
May 21st 07, 03:37 AM
On May 20, 9:58?pm, "bob&carole." > wrote:
> On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:

> > > Are you still molesting cats???-
>
> > How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?

Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
that put you in your place?

bobandcarole[_3_]
May 21st 07, 03:52 AM
On May 20, 10:20�pm, T > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>

> > On May 19, 6:47=3Fpm, T > wrote:
> > > In article . com>,
> > > says...

> > > All the cats I've had understand patting ones hand on ones lap. That
> > > means "Come on up!"
>
> > Are you still molesting cats???
>
> Screw you Bob. Do you know the definition of harrasment? Because what
> you're doing is harrasment and violates several statutes.

So sue me...

"Do you want polite or do you want sincere"

Jaye Elke
May 21st 07, 04:01 AM
bob&carole. wrote:
> On May 20, 9:49?pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:

>>> Are you still molesting cats???-
>> How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?
>
> Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
> that put you in your place?

You really are stupid, Blob, if you can't recognize that Scotty
regularly puts you in your place while all you do when you try to
respond to him is continue to make a fool out of yourself in front of
everybody.

Jaye Elke
May 21st 07, 04:02 AM
bobandcarole wrote:
> On May 20, 10:20�pm, T > wrote:
>> In article . com>,
>> says...

>>> Are you still molesting cats???
>> Screw you Bob. Do you know the definition of harrasment? Because what
>> you're doing is harrasment and violates several statutes.
>
> So sue me...

We intend to, Blob.

Jaye Elke
May 21st 07, 04:06 AM
bobandcarole.. wrote:
> On May 20, 9:58?pm, "bob&carole." > wrote:

>>> How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?
>

> Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
> that put you in your place?

Loser Blob posted a forgery of Scotty and everyone knows it was a
forgery, but Blob still refers to it as his "proof", while on the other
hand Scotty pointed out Blob's swinger ads, which everyone knows are
genuine, but which Blob denies (making a fool of himself even further).
If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
of Blob.

bobandcarole[_3_]
May 21st 07, 04:11 AM
On May 20, 11:02?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
> bobandcarole wrote:
> > On May 20, 10:20 pm, T > wrote:
> >> In article . com>,
> >> says...

> >> Screw you Bob. Do you know the definition of harrasment? Because what
> >> you're doing is harrasment and violates several statutes.
>
> > So sue me...
>
> We intend to, Blob.

You've been babbling that drivel for over a year, what's the holdup?

"We can find him! This has nothing to do with stalking either, as Blob
has
alleged. This is so we can file a lawsuit against him for what he's
done to
us and to our news group" --confused, flustrated faggot Jay Elke,a
veritable combination of Inspector Clouseau and Tinkerbell.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.homosexuality/msg/f3259303cbabe143?&hl=en

rachel polanskis
May 21st 07, 03:43 PM
In article om>,
" > wrote:

> Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object is?
> Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see the can
> of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I mean it's
> incredible.

It takes a lot of effort, but it works. You have to talk to your
cat all the time and be consistent. It's best to start when they're
young.

Cleo Carrington Smith understands many words, mostly to to
do with different kinds of food, going to bed, plus some commands
including "no", "get down", "come" and so on. Also, I talk
about her "poo box" a lot and she knows that means I am either
wanting her to use it, or I am going to clean it, as the poo boxes
are very important business to her.

I am sure she understands a lot. But it comes down to using
the same words and phrases in a consistent way. My partner Rob
talks to Cleo a lot. He's also very good at calming her down.

She also understands a few hand signals and things we do when
we touch her.

But it takes a long time to get to this point. I think we were
lucky and we both put a lot of time into her, ending up with
a cat who is far more than a pet and really a companion!

rachel

Jude Alexander
May 21st 07, 05:50 PM
"ScottyFLL" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 20, 9:58 pm, "bob&carole." > wrote:

>> > How's Carole's "juicy shave *cat* that squirts"?
>>
>> Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
>> that put you in your place?-
>
> Speaking of putting people in their place, let's revisit yet again
> your vile BISEXUAL EXTRA-MARITAL GROUP ****FEST ad posted to
> alt.personals.BIG-FOLKS:
>
> "we are a white cpl, 40s, looking for bi female, or cpl w/bi female
> for hot times. she is 5/7 fullfigured, 44dd tits, and a juicy shaved
> pussy that squirts when she cums. he is 6/1 225, hairy chest, short
> beard, and 7 inches. we seek people in the louisville, southern
> indiana area. we can exchange pics. if interested, email
> "

> Subject: SOUTHERN INDIANA COUPLE SEEKS.......
> Date: 2000/03/15
>

> Blob's adulterous group-sex ad looking for bi female or couple:
> http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcfullpersonaladscreenslz4.jpg
>
> Detail from the above ad:
> http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcdetailpersonaladfe2.jpg
>
> A post from the year 2000 referencing the vile ad:
> http://groups.google.com/group/triangle.personals.bi/msg/0bdc58ebcd7fce6f

Is THAT for real? Did you make this up or did you really find this on the
web?

Jaye Elke
May 22nd 07, 02:49 AM
bobandcarole wrote:
> On May 20, 11:02?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
>> bobandcarole wrote:
>>> So sue me...
>> We intend to, Blob.
>
> You've been babbling that drivel for over a year, what's the holdup?

We will find you, "[email protected]". "812" for the southern
Indiana telephone area code!

bob&carole
May 22nd 07, 03:13 AM
On May 21, 9:49?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
> bobandcarole wrote:
> >> We intend to, Blob.
>
> > You've been babbling that drivel for over a year, what's the holdup?
>
> We will find you, "[email protected]". "812" for the southern
> Indiana telephone area code!

As usual, you Ate ONE Too....LOL

And as usual, faggot jay has absolutely no proof whatsoever
to back his obvious lies. faggot jay is a typical flustrated queer
that ****es his panties and whines like a baby when the truth
regarding his perverse lifestyle is shoved down his sperm
coated throat.

It is amusing watching him flail about in utter flustration
trying to locate me. :-)

"We can find him! This has nothing to do with stalking either, as Blob
has
alleged. This is so we can file a lawsuit against him for what he's
done to
us and to our news group" --confused, flustrated faggot Jay Elke,a
veritable combination of Inspector Clouseau and Tinkerbell.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.homosexuality/msg/f3259303cbabe143?&hl=en

faggot jaye isn't intelligent enough to find me or anybody else for
that matter.
He will continue to run his dicksucker and we will continue to watch
him fail.
faggot jaye is nothing more than cheap entertainment.

bob&carole[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 03:32 AM
On May 20, 11:06�pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
> bobandcarole.. wrote:

> > *Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
> > *that put you in your place?
>
> Loser Blob posted a forgery of Scotty and everyone knows it was a
> forgery, but Blob still refers to it as his "proof", while on the other
> hand Scotty pointed out Blob's swinger ads, which everyone knows are
> genuine,

Cites? ANY proof at all faggot? ANYTHING???

but which Blob denies (making a fool of himself even further).
> If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
> of Blob.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
for stealing that from me :-)

You're a fool jaye, I can't wait to read your latest antics
everyday! It's better than reading the sunday comics.
Please continue to look for me, your failures are one
of the highlights of my day :-)

[...]

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 04:04 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Claude V. Lucas" > wrote
>
>>>Sure they can!
>>>

>>Some can even learn to speak English.
>>
>>Bubba seems to be able to speak the word "NO" very clearly
>>whenever I do something that he doesn't want me to do like
>>pick him up or comb out his fur or clip his sharp points.

>>plant in "Little Shop of Horrors.
>

> haahaha!!!
>
> Gracie understands love words because of my tone.

Tone is a very large part of it, although I think they can get the hang
of certain words.

My cat knows what "No" mean, even though she sometimes ignores it. She
also seems to know that "goddammit" is a very emphatic "no", although
granted it's usually said more emphatically.

As an experiment, I've tried saying "goddammit" in a loving tone. She
looks somewhat confused when I do this as if she's thinking 'that's the
BAD word, but he's saying it so nicely'.

> I pet her
> and look at her and kind of draw the words out in a smooth,
> melodious voice and she closes her eyes and smiles. :)
>
> Yes, they do smile!
>
> And how about that "happy to see you" stretch and yawn,
> head down, ears back, tail curled over the back, with the
> little chirp that says, "well, hi, there you are, I thought you'd
> never wake up, do you hear those birds out there, let's get
> something to eat, what do you think Boo is doing?"

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 04:14 AM
Cheryl wrote:
> On Fri 18 May 2007 02:55:58a, wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> ups.com>:
>

>>Is it actually possible for a cat to learn just what an object
>>is? Are they actually consiously aware of such things...they see
>>the can of tuna, they want it, and try to get your attention. I
>>mean it's incredible.
>

> Yes. They are smart creatures. Mine have even learned that the red
> dot projected by a laser pointer is coming from something in my
> hand. They know the sound it makes when I pick it up (a slight
> clink sound that is barely audible to me).

Mine too - in fact, she's more interested in the device now than she is
with the red dot, which she's figured out is pointless to chase.

The other day, I bought a laser pattern projector device which displays
random patterns - or patterns in response to music on the wall, floor,
ceiling - wherever.

It took her all of about 15 minutes to figure out that it came from this
new device. I'm a bit worried about letting her have a clear view of
the laser though as it warns not to stare into it.

As smart as she is, I don't think she's figured out what "Don't stare
directly at the laser" means.

> One of Rhett's favorite
> activities is supervising me scooping the litterboxes and comes
> running when he hears the crinkly sound of a grocery bag, and leads
> the way running to the litterboxes in the order that I scoop them.
>
> They of course know the words eat, outside, toy, bug, medicine
> (Shamrock), no, good boy (even the girls respond to "good boy"),
> and many more.
>
> Cats are intelligent creatures, and if they had thumbs they'd
> probably take over the world. ;)

Well, they wouldn't take over the world, only because they'd be too busy
grooming themselves, chasing things and jumping into people's laps.

They're too smart to actually want to take over. If they did, then
they'd have to take care of us.

ScottyFLL
May 22nd 07, 04:53 AM
On May 21, 10:32 pm, bob&carole > wrote:
> On May 20, 11:06?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:

> > If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
> > of Blob.
> > bobandcarole.. wrote:
> Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
> for stealing that from me :-)

Oh, Blob. LOL! You poor thing. YOU didn't make that joke up,
honey. No siree. In fact, you are incapable of original thought, as
you prove for us on a mutiple-times-daily basis.

bobandcarole[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 04:58 AM
On May 21, 11:53�pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:
> On May 21, 10:32 pm, bob&carole > wrote:
>
> > On May 20, 11:06?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
>
> > > If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
> > > of Blob.
> > > bobandcarole.. wrote:
> > Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
> > for stealing that from me :-)
>
> Oh, Blob. *LOL! *You poor thing. *YOU didn't make that joke up,
> honey. *No siree. *In fact, you are incapable of original thought, as
> you prove for us on a mutiple-times-daily basis.

Have another drink, ****head........

ScottyFLL[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 10:38 PM
On May 21, 12:50 pm, "Jude Alexander" > wrote:
> "ScottyFLL" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> Still eating **** and threatening to sue the people
> >> that put you in your place?-
>
> > Speaking of putting people in their place, let's revisit yet again
> > your vile BISEXUAL EXTRA-MARITAL GROUP ****FEST ad posted to
> > alt.personals.BIG-FOLKS:
>
> > "we are a white cpl, 40s, looking for bi female, or cpl w/bi female
> > for hot times. she is 5/7 fullfigured, 44dd tits, and a juicy shaved
> > pussy that squirts when she cums. he is 6/1 225, hairy chest, short
> > beard, and 7 inches. we seek people in the louisville, southern
> > indiana area. we can exchange pics. if interested, email
> > "

> > Subject: SOUTHERN INDIANA COUPLE SEEKS.......
> > Date: 2000/03/15
>
> > Blob's adulterous group-sex ad looking for bi female or couple:
> >http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcfullpersonaladscreenslz4.jpg
>
> > Detail from the above ad:
> >http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcdetailpersonaladfe2.jpg
>
> > A post from the year 2000 referencing the vile ad:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/triangle.personals.bi/msg/0bdc58ebcd7f...
>
> Is THAT for real? Did you make this up or did you really find this on the
> web?

I found it by looking at Blob's account.

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?show=more&enc_user=vGqL3RkAAABWXLIz4cKDSuFNMc8DRGL2ACcTWrUIj yTNBwNIupkwXQ&group=alt.personals.big-folks

He deleted it right after I posted a link to it, and since I knew he'd
delete it, I took a screenshot of it before he took it down.

Somebody else just posted a variation of this, which I didn't get a
screenshot of but remember seeing. It had been posted to one of the
other personal ad groups.

bobandcarole[_4_]
May 23rd 07, 10:22 AM
On May 22, 5:38�pm, ScottyFLL > wrote:
> On May 21, 12:50 pm, "Jude Alexander" > wrote:
>

> > "ScottyFLL" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> > > Speaking of putting people in their place, let's revisit yet again
> > > your vile BISEXUAL EXTRA-MARITAL GROUP ****FEST ad posted to
> > > alt.personals.BIG-FOLKS:
>
> > > "we are a white cpl, 40s, looking for bi female, or cpl w/bi female
> > > for hot times. she is 5/7 fullfigured, 44dd tits, and a juicy shaved
> > > pussy that squirts when she cums. he is 6/1 225, hairy chest, short
> > > beard, and 7 inches. we seek people in the louisville, southern
> > > indiana area. we can exchange pics. if interested, email
> > > "

> > > Subject: SOUTHERN INDIANA COUPLE SEEKS.......
> > > Date: 2000/03/15
>
> > > Blob's adulterous group-sex ad looking for bi female or couple:
> > >http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcfullpersonaladscreenslz4.jpg
>
> > > Detail from the above ad:
> > >http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcdetailpersonaladfe2.jpg
>
> > > A post from the year 2000 referencing the vile ad:
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/triangle.personals.bi/msg/0bdc58ebcd7f....
>
> > Is THAT for real? *Did you make this up or did you really find this on the
> > web?
>
> I found it by looking at Blob's account.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?show=more&enc_user=vGqL3RkAAA....
>
> He deleted it right after I posted a link to it, and since I knew he'd
> delete it, I took a screenshot of it before he took it down.
>
> Somebody else just posted a variation of this, which I didn't get a
> screenshot of but remember seeing. *It had been posted to one of the
> other personal ad groups.- Hide quoted text -

As usual the faggot is totally clueless. He is known as "****tyFLL"
in APH because of his sick homosexual lifestyle and deviant fetishes.

Sniper .308
May 23rd 07, 10:25 AM
On 23 May 2007 02:22:28 -0700, bobandcarole
> wrote:

>As usual the faggot is totally clueless. He is known as "****tyFLL"
>in APH because of his sick homosexual lifestyle and deviant fetishes.

Same old bull**** hey Blobby, dance Blobby dance

Poor wittle Blobby hates it when he total impotence is pointed out so
he starts with his famous dip**** two step.

Speaking of dancing, we are still waiting for that proof you
closed down hundreds of groups, remember when you were going to close
down Alt.Support Boy-lovers, over 4 years ago.... it is still going
strong.

On the 3rd of December 2002 this was written

"Bob & Carole" > wrote in message
> Quite frankly I don't have the time to respond to your lunatic ravings
> in this NG. I am busy CLOSING this NG.....Post your lies and psycho
> opinions in alt.flame.faggots

Jaye Elke
May 24th 07, 02:48 AM
ScottyFLL wrote:
> On May 21, 10:32 pm, bob&carole > wrote:
>> On May 20, 11:06?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
>

>>> If you look up the word "loser" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture
>>> of Blob.
>>> bobandcarole.. wrote:
>> Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
>> for stealing that from me :-)
>
> Oh, Blob. LOL! You poor thing. YOU didn't make that joke up,
> honey. No siree. In fact, you are incapable of original thought, as
> you prove for us on a mutiple-times-daily basis.

LOL! This is yet another low of stupidity for loser Blob!

bob&carole[_2_]
May 24th 07, 03:53 AM
On May 23, 9:48�pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
> ScottyFLL wrote:

> >> Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks
> >> for stealing that from me :-)
>
> > Oh, Blob. *LOL! *You poor thing. *YOU didn't make that joke up,
> > honey. *No siree. *In fact, you are incapable of original thought, as
> > you prove for us on a mutiple-times-daily basis.
>
> LOL! This is yet another low of stupidity for loser Blob!

~SQUAWK~~ "loser blob" "loser blob"~~SQUAWK~~

Ya ****in Parrot.

Jaye Elke
May 24th 07, 04:42 AM
bob&carole wrote:
> On May 23, 9:48�pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
>> ScottyFLL wrote:
>>> Oh, Blob. �LOL! �You poor thing. �YOU didn't make that joke up,
>>> honey. �No siree. �In fact, you are incapable of original thought, as
>>> you prove for us on a mutiple-times-daily basis.
>> LOL! This is yet another low of stupidity for loser Blob!
>
> ~SQUAWK~~ "loser blob" "loser blob"~~SQUAWK~~
>
> Ya ****in Parrot.

Truth hurts, huh stupid loser Blob?

Frodo: "Why do you do that?"
Sam: "What?"
Frodo: "Call him names? Run him down all the time."
Sam: "Because that's what he is Mister Frodo. There's naught left in him
but lies and deceit.

bob&carole[_4_]
May 24th 07, 04:47 AM
On May 23, 11:42?pm, Jaye Elke > wrote:
> bob&carole wrote:
> >> LOL! This is yet another low of stupidity for loser Blob!
>
> > ~SQUAWK~~ "loser blob" "loser blob"~~SQUAWK~~
>
> > Ya ****in Parrot.
>
> Truth hurts, huh stupid loser Blob?

There's nothing you could possibly do to make me
do anything but laugh at you, faggot. DAILY :-)