PDA

View Full Version : Our Cats Have Trained Us Well!!

Clyde
May 18th 07, 11:01 PM
I've talked about my wife's and my extreamly spoiled cats before on this
N.G.

Well, I was concerned that these two 12 year old liter mates were drinking
far too little water. Their water bowls were almost always full, not
because we filled them often, but bedause they simply were not drinking
very much water.

A while back, I caught one of them drinking from a plastic cup that I had
sat on the floor next to my easy chair. It almost became a game to them to
see if they could contaminate my water with their cat slobers :-( I wonder
how long they did this before I caught them.

I decided to let them have this cup, as it seemed to be their favorite.
Eventually I used epoxy to glue the bottom of their cup to a piece of
cardboard (otherwise they would turn it over) and keep it full for them.
The cup is large enough in diameter for either of them to stick their heads
into a ways to quench their thirst. They can't get in far enough to get
their heads stuck but they can get far enough to get a good drink. They
drink ten times the water they used to and of course this requires more
maintenance to their liter boxes.

I must still be cautious of setting a cup or glass on the floor when I am
on my chair, but since they don't really care too much for beer or coffee I
think I have out foxed them, at least for now.

Thest two girls really love to tease me and this really ****es me off!!!

bookie
May 19th 07, 12:47 AM
On 18 May, 23:01, Clyde > wrote:
> I've talked about my wife's and my extreamly spoiled cats before on this
> N.G.
>
> Well, I was concerned that these two 12 year old liter mates were drinking
> far too little water. Their water bowls were almost always full, not
> because we filled them often, but bedause they simply were not drinking
> very much water.
>
> A while back, I caught one of them drinking from a plastic cup that I had
> sat on the floor next to my easy chair. It almost became a game to them to
> see if they could contaminate my water with their cat slobers :-( I wonder
> how long they did this before I caught them.
>
> I decided to let them have this cup, as it seemed to be their favorite.
> Eventually I used epoxy to glue the bottom of their cup to a piece of
> cardboard (otherwise they would turn it over) and keep it full for them.
> The cup is large enough in diameter for either of them to stick their heads
> into a ways to quench their thirst. They can't get in far enough to get
> their heads stuck but they can get far enough to get a good drink. They
> drink ten times the water they used to and of course this requires more
> maintenance to their liter boxes.
>
> I must still be cautious of setting a cup or glass on the floor when I am
> on my chair, but since they don't really care too much for beer or coffee I
> think I have out foxed them, at least for now.
>
> Thest two girls really love to tease me and this really ****es me off!!!

one of my pusses, jessie, will only drink either from puddles outside
inthe garden or from pint glasses full up with water. I now just leave
one on the floor in my bedroom for her and keep that topped up and
another downstairs too, i just can;t be bothered to fight it really.

the other puss, terri, drinks from puddles ofcourse and a small
dainty bowl which sits on her food mat downstairs under the dining
table, havent' seen her try the pint glasses just yet but maybe it is
because they are tall and thin and she has a wider flatter face than
jessie.
no point fighting it mate, you might as well just give in and go with
the flow

bookie

cybercat
May 19th 07, 02:53 AM
"Clyde" > wrote:

> A while back, I caught one of them drinking from a plastic cup that I had
> sat on the floor next to my easy chair. It almost became a game to them
> see if they could contaminate my water with their cat slobers :-( I wonder
> how long they did this before I caught them.

haha! Pretty funny. My cat used to stick her whole head in my water
glass on my bedside table and drink it.

It became a game to her. I would wake up to this "lap lap lap"
sound, and yell at her. She would bolt away then return after
I fell back to sleep. :)