PDA

View Full Version : Whipped Cream

bjdavis
May 19th 07, 01:34 AM
I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He expects to
eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?

Noon Cat Nick
May 19th 07, 01:55 AM
bjdavis wrote:

>I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He expects to
>eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?

Oh, sure. I feed my cat some every day. He loves the stuff. It's
actually better than milk or half-and-half because it's very very low on
lactose, which a lot of cats can't handle. (I gave Leo some milk once;
he liked it, but not the diarrhea he got from it.) I don't even bother
to whip it--I just pour it straight from the carton into a saucer.

Joe Canuck[_2_]
May 19th 07, 04:20 AM
bjdavis wrote:
> I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He expects to
> eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?

Mine goes nuts over olives and likes to lick sliced tomatoes.

Gandalf
May 19th 07, 02:04 PM
On Sat, 19 May 2007 00:34:13 GMT, "bjdavis" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He expects to
>eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?

Adult cats are more prone to lactose intolerance than humans are;
whipped cream has a fair amount of lactose in it (if it's real whipped
cream, and not Cool Whip, etc.)

Watch for gas and diarrhea; those are the signs of lactose intolerance.

Keeping the whipped cream to as little as possible is a good idea in
general.

Treats made for cats (Pounce, etc.) are far better for them than rich
human food which is outside their 'normal' diet.

Running Scissors
May 19th 07, 05:24 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> bjdavis wrote:
>
>> I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He
>> expects to
>> eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?
>>

> Mine goes nuts over olives and likes to lick sliced tomatoes.

Raw spinach, shrimp and deli turkey for mine.

May 21st 07, 03:51 AM
In article >,
Running Scissors > wrote:

> Joe Canuck wrote:
>
> > bjdavis wrote:
> >
> >> I have a three (3) year old Tabby cat that loves whipped cream! He
> >> expects to
> >> eat it every evening as a 'treat'. Is whipped cream safe for cats?
> >>

> > Mine goes nuts over olives and likes to lick sliced tomatoes.
>
> Raw spinach, shrimp and deli turkey for mine.

Watermelon. And most recently, cantaloupe.

Yes, I'm sure he's a cat and not a llama.