PDA

View Full Version : Kitty's Fur Is Seriously Matted

Gary Brown
May 22nd 07, 10:46 PM
Hi,

Our cats fur is seriously matted on his legs. He lets us comb
most of his coat but won't let us near his legs. The vet was
supposed to do something about this while he was boarded
their but they didn't. I'm not sure is practical to take him to the
vet or a groomer to have this done regularly.

We don't want to use scissors on a squirming cat. Is there a
electric razor or other device more suitable?

Thanks,
Gary

Claude V. Lucas
May 22nd 07, 11:17 PM
In article >,
Gary Brown > wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Our cats fur is seriously matted on his legs. He lets us comb
>most of his coat but won't let us near his legs. The vet was
>supposed to do something about this while he was boarded
>their but they didn't. I'm not sure is practical to take him to the
>vet or a groomer to have this done regularly.
>
>We don't want to use scissors on a squirming cat. Is there a
>electric razor or other device more suitable?
>
>Thanks,
>Gary

When I first got Bubba from the pound his belly fur was
severely matted. Rather than have him associate *me* with
the unpleasant experience of having it shaved off I took
him to my friendly local Pet Smart and let them do it.

It was worth the $70 for me to not have to fight a 25Lb
cat and have him be afraid of me afterwards..

He still freaks out when I comb him but at least there's
no mats these days.

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 23rd 07, 05:47 AM
Gary Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our cats fur is seriously matted on his legs. He lets us comb
> most of his coat but won't let us near his legs. The vet was
> supposed to do something about this while he was boarded
> their but they didn't.

Bad vet - did you confront them about this?

> I'm not sure is practical to take him to the
> vet or a groomer to have this done regularly.

What are you, crippled or something?

> We don't want to use scissors on a squirming cat. Is there a
> electric razor or other device more suitable?

Yes, use it on your throat after bringing your cat to a shelter. You
obviously don't give a **** about your pet.

> Thanks,
> Gary

Rene S.
May 23rd 07, 02:43 PM
On May 22, 4:46 pm, "Gary Brown" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our cats fur is seriously matted on his legs. He lets us comb
> most of his coat but won't let us near his legs. The vet was
> supposed to do something about this while he was boarded
> their but they didn't. I'm not sure is practical to take him to the
> vet or a groomer to have this done regularly.
>
> We don't want to use scissors on a squirming cat. Is there a
> electric razor or other device more suitable?

I would not do anything at home if the cat won't sit still. I'd take
him to a groomer and have the area shaved. Brush the area daily after
it's shaved to prevent future mats.