PDA

View Full Version : Re: We have another pregnant Visitor

sheelagh
May 23rd 07, 06:45 PM
On 23 May, 18:41, sheelagh > wrote:
> [...]
> > > to have her kittens, but I am worride that someone out there must be
> > > really worried about her out there- I know that I would be if she
> > > belonged to me...
> > > Any advice any one?
>
> > > S;o)
>
> > >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/WeHaveAnotherVisitorAPre...
>
> > I will only say, post pictures and contact shelters and vets further
> > afield than you think is reasonable. A friend's cat got out and went
> > missing for over a month, before a woman who lived on the other side
> > of a major highway that wasn't all that close to begin with, happened
> > to come in to the store on the near side of the highway that they'd
> > put one of their posters in--and called them to say, I think I've been
> > feeding your cat.
>
> > No one could figure out how Angus had gotten that far without getting
> > killed.
>
> > Lis- Hide quoted text -

> I have a similar worry in this case. Our village is a small one, but
> it is just 2 minutes away from one of the biggest motorways in the
> country; The A1M(highway?)..
>
> She looks like she has belonged to someone. Once you have taken a few
> queens on with thier kittens, you get to know who the abandoned ones
> are, & who the lost ones are, through sight & feeling. I just had
> another thought too. I called the council, who take care of dead
> animals( ie: found on the side of the A1M, because it does happen
> occasionally if they stray too far;o(, & I have also called the cat
> protection league, the nearest shelter as well as the RSPCA. I can't
> think what else to do. I have got to the stage where there are hardly
> any rooms left in this stable, & I have taken on so many cats
> recently, that it would be difficult to offer another one a full time
> home. If no one comes for her until the kittens are ready to home, I
> will have to try and home her as well...Still that is looking long
> term, I should have a bit more faith in people...
>
> ( unfortunately, I don't have any faith in humans since doing the
> rescue bit... humans can be calculatingly cruel @ times) Horrid to the
> point of unfit to on cats too!!. I have done everything that I can do.
> I have to be honest, the kids were not that impressed when I handed
> them a 100 leaflets each to push through people's front door's, but
> they knew better than to moan, Lol ;o) However, they have done it..I
> only had to remind them of how they would feel if something happened
> to one of our cats. It was enough to get them off thier bum's and to
> get them out with the leaflets after school today.
>
> I really do hope that we find her real slave's in the not too distant
> future. I know that if she were my cat, I would be having kittens
> right now if she had disappeared just before kittening. It's not
> having her that worries me, it is more their slaves that I am worride
> about, because I am certain that she has some, somewhere....

A rather large WHOOPS,
It didn't indicate that the post was registering, Lol..
So sorry folks!

Lynne
May 27th 07, 01:36 AM
on Wed, 23 May 2007 17:45:40 GMT, sheelagh >
wrote:

> A rather large WHOOPS,
> It didn't indicate that the post was registering, Lol..
> So sorry folks!

Hehe.

As to the pregnant girl, I hope you hear from her humans soon. She's
gorgeous! If you don't find them, I think she will be safest with you for
a little while. If you can bear it, let her make her nest and feed her
while you continue too look for her family. Maybe the joy of kittens will
help ease some of the recent heartbreak you have had? Once they are well
established with their nursing and have gained some ounces, perhaps you can
find a foster home for the lot of them if you still don't find her family.
Or will the cat protection league help you foot the bill to foster her
yourself?

She must have excellent radar to know where to come in order to be safe and
well cared for. Or perhaps the cats have a good gossip chain going? :)

--
Lynne

sheelagh
May 27th 07, 07:26 PM
On 27 May, 01:36, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 23 May 2007 17:45:40 GMT, sheelagh >
> wrote:
>
> > A rather large WHOOPS,
> > It didn't indicate that the post was registering, Lol..
> > So sorry folks!
>
> Hehe.
>
> As to the pregnant girl, I hope you hear from her humans soon. She's
> gorgeous! If you don't find them, I think she will be safest with you for
> a little while. If you can bear it, let her make her nest and feed her
> while you continue too look for her family. Maybe the joy of kittens will
> help ease some of the recent heartbreak you have had? Once they are well
> established with their nursing and have gained some ounces, perhaps you can
> find a foster home for the lot of them if you still don't find her family.
> Or will the cat protection league help you foot the bill to foster her
> yourself?
>
> She must have excellent radar to know where to come in order to be safe and
> well cared for. Or perhaps the cats have a good gossip chain going? :)
>
> --
> Lynne

> She must have excellent radar to know where to come in order to be safe and
> well cared for. Or perhaps the cats have a good gossip chain going? :)

It is either that, or..I have MUG written all over my forehead??!!!
I'm always a sure bet when it comes to poor pussy cats, lol.....

We have decide to keep her @ least until her kittens are ready to go
to new homes. We are so full @ the moment that we only have stable
room @ this inn!! She has decided that she is happy with the shed, so
I am going to let her have them there. I feel a little guilty about
it, but that is the best I can do for her right now & it is a darned
sight better than chucking her out in the hope that someone else
might, or might not have her;o(

I am really surprised that no one has come forward yet, to say that
they own her to be honest. She is not feral because she is ever so
placid, friendly & quite well built too.( taking being pregnant into
consideration, she is well fed, clean & very approachable)

I am ever so shocked that no one has claimed her yet. We went one step
further this week & advertised her in a paper called the Free Ad's.
You advertise for free, but the buyer pays for the paper....No luck
yet though....

If no one claims her by the time she is spayed, then we will arrange a
private adoption for her with a slightly more reliable slave..(sorry,
but I feel a little pessimistic about it all right now..she doesn't
deserve this really..)

I have already spoken to the Cat Protection League, & they have agreed
to pay for her to be spayed as soon as her kittens are homed, but I
will have to fund her inoculations. I can cope with that, & I am
grateful to them for the help they are providing the help they are
giving. I very much hope that her real slave's do come forward, but
the more time that elapses, the less hopeful I feel about it all. It
just seems so sad that someone could not be missing her if you
understand what I mean?

As we don't have a real name for her, I have given her a nick name for
the meantime so that we know which cat we are referring to when we
talk about her. It is Dot. not very exciting, but quite appropriate
when you look @ her.

More news when the kittens arrive. We expect them any moment,
literally...
S;o)

Lynne
May 28th 07, 12:25 AM
on Sun, 27 May 2007 18:26:44 GMT, sheelagh >
wrote:

> More news when the kittens arrive. We expect them any moment,
> literally...

Of course you realize we must have pictures! :)

--
Lynne