PDA

View Full Version : Holly will be 12 years old next week

MaryL
May 25th 07, 05:56 PM
Holly will be 12 years old next week. Actually, I only know that she was
born in "early June" of 1995, but I decided that if the Queen of England can
select an official birth date, then Princess Holly should have the same
privilege.
She was adopted on Nov. 25, 1995, and she has ruled the household ever
since (duties that she has shared with Prince Duffy for the last four
years). Holly is a special, loving girl my little shadow, she follows me
everywhere.
I wake up every morning to find her close beside me. Sometimes she will
awaken me by gently licking the tip of my nose (she seems to have a built-in
alarm clock because she somehow does that about 5 minutes before my own
alarm goes off). Other times, she will be stretched out on top of me, and I
will not even have been aware of when she did that. She believes it is one
of her duties to march back in forth in front of the computer monitor as
soon as I sit down in front of the computer. After all, she doesn't want
her slave to work too hard (unless it involves something especially for
her).

Photos of Holly in honor of her 12th birthday June 1, 2007 >'o'<

Holly's 12th birthday portrait: http://tinyurl.com/336m7p
Holly's beautiful eyes: http://tinyurl.com/3bes37
Holly and Duffy pose for Holly's 12th birthday: http://tinyurl.com/35slub
Holly on guard: http://tinyurl.com/37a2jp
Holly on the computer hutch: http://tinyurl.com/37hcah
Holly the Halloween Cat: http://tinyurl.com/34yxus

MaryL

sheelagh
May 25th 07, 06:33 PM
On 25 May, 17:56, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Holly will be 12 years old next week. Actually, I only know that she was
> born in "early June" of 1995, but I decided that if the Queen of England can
> select an official birth date, then Princess Holly should have the same
> privilege.
> She was adopted on Nov. 25, 1995, and she has ruled the household ever
> since (duties that she has shared with Prince Duffy for the last four
> years). Holly is a special, loving girl - my little shadow, she follows me
> everywhere.
> I wake up every morning to find her close beside me. Sometimes she will
> awaken me by gently licking the tip of my nose (she seems to have a built-in
> alarm clock because she somehow does that about 5 minutes before my own
> alarm goes off). Other times, she will be stretched out on top of me, and I
> will not even have been aware of when she did that. She believes it is one
> of her duties to march back in forth in front of the computer monitor as
> soon as I sit down in front of the computer. After all, she doesn't want
> her slave to work too hard (unless it involves something especially for
> her).
>
> Photos of Holly in honor of her 12th birthday - June 1, 2007 >'o'<
>
> Holly's 12th birthday portrait: http://tinyurl.com/336m7p
> Holly's beautiful eyes:http://tinyurl.com/3bes37
> Holly and Duffy pose for Holly's 12th birthday: http://tinyurl.com/35slub
> Holly on guard: http://tinyurl.com/37a2jp
> Holly on the computer hutch: http://tinyurl.com/37hcah
> Holly the Halloween Cat: http://tinyurl.com/34yxus
>
> MaryL

Oh my, Mary..!!

She is Beautiful.....

In fact I would go further, she is Regal too. The only thing missing
on the photo, was her tiara, but I imagine that is being kept @ the
Tower of Huston along with the rest of her crown Jewels, right?
You are also right about the official birthday as well.. for course
she is entitled to one. With those wonderful amber eyes, how could you
possibly refuse her one?

I would "Never" have guessed that she has reached 12 though. She is
simply wonderful for her age, & has been an inspiration to many, in
her duties caring for Prince Duffy & his disability too. If you didn't
know better, you would assume that they are only just out of kitten-
hood. The one photo that will always be imprinted in my mind is the
one that you took of Prince Duffy doing kitty Ballet...It was
hilarious, & all due to the guidance of Princess Holly.....

I can just imagine her everyday waking you in the mornings, like ours
do too. I find it amazing that they know exactly the precise moment
when to alert you that you only have 5 minutes left before it is time
to wake you up to make thier breakfast. Classic & unique to felines
alone...

I can also imagine her pacing backwards and forwards ensuring that you
come to no harm @ the electric box that you sit at every day, whilst
looking after Prince Duffy as well. It must be such a hard life..>"o"<

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS HOLLY, from us in the UK
S;o)

bookie
May 25th 07, 08:29 PM
wrote:
> Holly will be 12 years old next week. Actually, I only know that she was
> born in "early June" of 1995, but I decided that if the Queen of England can
> select an official birth date, then Princess Holly should have the same
> privilege.
> She was adopted on Nov. 25, 1995, and she has ruled the household ever
> since (duties that she has shared with Prince Duffy for the last four
> years). Holly is a special, loving girl - my little shadow, she follows me
> everywhere.
> I wake up every morning to find her close beside me. Sometimes she will
> awaken me by gently licking the tip of my nose (she seems to have a built-in
> alarm clock because she somehow does that about 5 minutes before my own
> alarm goes off). Other times, she will be stretched out on top of me, and I
> will not even have been aware of when she did that. She believes it is one
> of her duties to march back in forth in front of the computer monitor as
> soon as I sit down in front of the computer. After all, she doesn't want
> her slave to work too hard (unless it involves something especially for
> her).
>
> Photos of Holly in honor of her 12th birthday - June 1, 2007 >'o'<
>
> Holly's 12th birthday portrait: http://tinyurl.com/336m7p
> Holly's beautiful eyes:http://tinyurl.com/3bes37
> Holly and Duffy pose for Holly's 12th birthday: http://tinyurl.com/35slub
> Holly on guard: http://tinyurl.com/37a2jp
> Holly on the computer hutch: http://tinyurl.com/37hcah
> Holly the Halloween Cat: http://tinyurl.com/34yxus
>
> MaryL

bless her dark velvet little heart, she is very pretty and those eyes
are so huge and round and bright, happy birthday princess

bookie

May 26th 07, 03:42 AM
In article >, stancole1
@yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER says...

> Holly will be 12 years old next week. Actually, I only know that she was
> born in "early June" of 1995, but I decided that if the Queen of England can
> select an official birth date, then Princess Holly should have the same
> privilege.
> She was adopted on Nov. 25, 1995, and she has ruled the household ever
> since (duties that she has shared with Prince Duffy for the last four
> years). Holly is a special, loving girl =3F my little shadow, she follows me
> everywhere.
> I wake up every morning to find her close beside me. Sometimes she will
> awaken me by gently licking the tip of my nose (she seems to have a built-in
> alarm clock because she somehow does that about 5 minutes before my own
> alarm goes off). Other times, she will be stretched out on top of me, and I
> will not even have been aware of when she did that. She believes it is one
> of her duties to march back in forth in front of the computer monitor as
> soon as I sit down in front of the computer. After all, she doesn't want
> her slave to work too hard (unless it involves something especially for
> her).
>
> Photos of Holly in honor of her 12th birthday =3F June 1, 2007 >'o'<
>
> Holly's 12th birthday portrait: http://tinyurl.com/336m7p
> Holly's beautiful eyes: http://tinyurl.com/3bes37
> Holly and Duffy pose for Holly's 12th birthday: http://tinyurl.com/35slub
> Holly on guard: http://tinyurl.com/37a2jp
> Holly on the computer hutch: http://tinyurl.com/37hcah
> Holly the Halloween Cat: http://tinyurl.com/34yxus
>
> MaryL

She's a very pretty cat. She reminds me of our 14 year old cat Emily,
who we had died on election day of 2006.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=80077595&context=set-
72157594534805296&size=l