PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Males

May 26th 07, 03:21 PM
I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.

My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
*yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.

They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...

Pj

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
May 26th 07, 11:23 PM
I suspect it's because the neutering was done after sexual maturity. Try
engaging them in predatory play.

http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_playtime.html

wrote:
>I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
>brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
>adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
>nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.
>
>My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
>one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
>*yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.
>
> They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...
>
> Pj

Rene S.
May 29th 07, 05:29 PM
On May 26, 9:21 am, wrote:
> I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
> brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
> adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
> nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.
>
> My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
> one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
> *yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.
>
> They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...
>
> Pj

Are they playful? Sometimes one of my cats will caterwaul (though he
was neutered at six months and is 8 yo now) when he wants to play.
Try using a laser light or other interactive toys to get out that pent-
up energy.

May 29th 07, 09:40 PM
In article . com>,
says...
> On May 26, 9:21 am, wrote:
> > I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
> > brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
> > adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
> > nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.
> >
> > My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
> > one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
> > *yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.
> >
> > They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...
> >
> > Pj
>
> Are they playful? Sometimes one of my cats will caterwaul (though he
> was neutered at six months and is 8 yo now) when he wants to play.
> Try using a laser light or other interactive toys to get out that pent-
> up energy.

Interesting. My Angie is a vocal cat. Though her vocalizations tell you
something vs. asking something.

For example, if she's in your lap and you attempt to get up, she'll give
a little meow to let you know she isn't happy about it. She's a very
interesting cat.

Patty
May 29th 07, 11:52 PM
On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:40:03 -0400, T wrote:

> In article . com>,
> says...
>> On May 26, 9:21 am, wrote:
>>> I have 3 males, all rescues. All are nuetered. Two were blood
>>> brothers. They are about 2 years old. And nuetered in 2/07 upon
>>> adoption. My third guy is 8yo. I am not sure if his prior parent
>>> nuetured him at a young age or not. I have had him since 4/07.
>>>
>>> My question is? Why do 2 out of the 3 call out like whole males? It is
>>> one brother and the single male. All have Persian...the single guy
>>> *yo) dose it as well as one of the brothers. He is part persian.
>>>
>>> They are so loud I am afraid a neighbor will complain...
>>>
>>> Pj
>>
>> Are they playful? Sometimes one of my cats will caterwaul (though he
>> was neutered at six months and is 8 yo now) when he wants to play.
>> Try using a laser light or other interactive toys to get out that pent-
>> up energy.
>>

> Interesting. My Angie is a vocal cat. Though her vocalizations tell you
> something vs. asking something.
>
> For example, if she's in your lap and you attempt to get up, she'll give
> a little meow to let you know she isn't happy about it. She's a very
> interesting cat.

And, my Rusty, neutered at 6 months "talks" constantly. He comes in the
house and constantly has a sort of "trill/hum" noise he makes. My husband
says he got used to doing that because I constantly talk to him and talk
back to him when you makes his sound. However, Grady, also neutered at the
same age, was a very quiet cat and hardly even meowed. I think that, just
like people, some cats are more vocal than others.

Patty