PDA

View Full Version : Sick? Kitten ****es herself, doesn't clean self

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 02:18 AM
She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
floor.

Gail
May 29th 07, 02:25 AM
The kitten should be checked by a vet if she hasn't been already.
Gail
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> floor.

bookie
May 29th 07, 02:34 AM
On 29 May, 02:18, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> floor.

whatever you do do, please reemember this is not her fault and she is
not dong it to be naughty, she just does not know any better.

whenever she is abuot to 'go' onthe floor you coudl always catch her
in time, and transfer her swiftly, but gently, to the nearest litter
box, how many boxes do you have aroudn the house? many have more than
one so she is always close by one as she may not be abel to get to oen
in time.

what are the general domestic circumstances? are there other cats
there with you? if so is she scared of them or do they get along?

to help teach her to clean herself you could use a small amount of
cotton wool dipped in WARM water (not hot or just cold) and wipe her
with it aruond her bottom area, gently of course, this may go some way
to replicate the feelgin of her mothers tongue cleaning her which
woudl have been the case had she had her mummy around.

poor little thing, she must be very confused without her mummy there
to look after her adn show her what is what, PLEASE do not get cross
at her or shout or get angry, this poor little scrap does not know
what to do as no one has shown her and if she is shouted at or senses
that you are angry with her she will just get stressed and probably
pee and poo herself more out of fear, so please be very patient with
this poor helpless little mite, she needs you to take good care of her
right now.

a trip to the vet for advice might also be a good idea,

please keep us posted, bookie

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 03:33 AM
On 28 May 2007 18:34:40 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>On 29 May, 02:18, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
>> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
>> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
>> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
>> floor.
>
>whatever you do do, please reemember this is not her fault and she is
>not dong it to be naughty, she just does not know any better.
>
>whenever she is abuot to 'go' onthe floor you coudl always catch her
>in time, and transfer her swiftly, but gently, to the nearest litter
>box, how many boxes do you have aroudn the house? many have more than
>one so she is always close by one as she may not be abel to get to oen
>in time.
>
>what are the general domestic circumstances? are there other cats
>there with you? if so is she scared of them or do they get along?
>
>to help teach her to clean herself you could use a small amount of
>cotton wool dipped in WARM water (not hot or just cold) and wipe her
>with it aruond her bottom area, gently of course, this may go some way
>to replicate the feelgin of her mothers tongue cleaning her which
>woudl have been the case had she had her mummy around.
>
>poor little thing, she must be very confused without her mummy there
>to look after her adn show her what is what, PLEASE do not get cross
>at her or shout or get angry, this poor little scrap does not know
>what to do as no one has shown her and if she is shouted at or senses
>that you are angry with her she will just get stressed and probably
>pee and poo herself more out of fear, so please be very patient with
>this poor helpless little mite, she needs you to take good care of her
>right now.
>
>a trip to the vet for advice might also be a good idea,
>
>please keep us posted, bookie

I foster cats for the local Humane Society. I never get angry at them,
but this is new to me. EVery other kitten cleaned herself or himself.
I tried the cotton wool. I'm trying to arrange a trip to the vets.
Goliath and Barbie are the 6 week olds. They are alone in a small room
and have 2 litter boxes.
I posted their pictures a couple of weeks back in a.b.pictures.animals

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 03:33 AM
On Tue, 29 May 2007 01:25:45 GMT, "Gail" > wrote:

>The kitten should be checked by a vet if she hasn't been already.
>Gail

I'm trying to arrange that.

>"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
>> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
>> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
>> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
>> floor.

Lis
May 29th 07, 03:59 AM
On May 28, 9:18 pm, John Ross Mc Master >
wrote:
> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> floor.

Others have given you good specifics. In addition to washing her as
her mother would have, with the cotton wool, and watching for when
she's about to go and taking her to the litter box then, it's also
important to take her to the litter box about 10-15 minutes after she
eats. Her mother would have done that, and will help her to get the
idea.

I have a cat who is just shy of fourteen now, who although four months
old when I got her was for a variety of reasons developmentally
delayed. Her health problems had effectively prevented her from
learning to clean herself properly. Once the main causes of her health
problems were identified and dealt with, daily gentle bathing helped
her get the idea. When I subsequently had a kitten who was younger
than the rest of her litter and weaned by mama too young, Retsina
adopted her, and in addition to nursing her, taught her to clean
herself and use the litter box. None of this is exactly parallel to
your kitty's situation, but I think it shows that, if you're patient
and persistent, being separated from mama too young doesn't mean she
can't learn these basic cat skills.

Lis

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 29th 07, 06:23 AM
John Ross Mc Master wrote:
> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> floor.

I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?

I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was
a more appropriate place to go.

As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.

I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.

cybercat
May 29th 07, 08:40 AM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
. ..
> John Ross Mc Master wrote:
>> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
>> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
>> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
>> floor.
>
> I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
> I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
> with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
> and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
> hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was a
> more appropriate place to go.
>
> As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
> I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.

Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
issues.

Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.

Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."

She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.

And I am no Grammar Pussy.

"She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
neither one of you assholes should have a cat.

Just my 2 cents.

cybercat
May 29th 07, 08:42 AM
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote

> I foster cats for the local Humane Society.

Then what the **** are you doing here instead of making
a goddamned appointment for the kitten at a vet?

I have read your posts for years, and thought better
of you.

Do you have some sort of dementia or something?

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 12:10 PM
On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:23:09 -0700, "Fred G. Mackey" >
wrote:

>John Ross Mc Master wrote:
>> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
>> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
>> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
>> floor.
>
>I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
>I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
>with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
>and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
>hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was
>a more appropriate place to go.
>
>As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
>I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.

I also assumed it was instinctive until I learned it was taught.

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 12:12 PM
On Tue, 29 May 2007 03:42:21 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote
>>
>> I foster cats for the local Humane Society.
>
>Then what the **** are you doing here instead of making
>a goddamned appointment for the kitten at a vet?
>
>I have read your posts for years, and thought better
>of you.
>
>Do you have some sort of dementia or something?

I'll ignore your rudeness, maybe you have a problem. I can't make an
appointment. The Humane Society has to do it. Their cat.

bookie
May 29th 07, 04:01 PM
On 29 May, 03:33, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> On 28 May 2007 18:34:40 -0700, bookie >
> wrote:
>

> >On 29 May, 02:18, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> >> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> >> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> >> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> >> floor.
>
> >whatever you do do, please reemember this is not her fault and she is
> >not dong it to be naughty, she just does not know any better.
>
> >whenever she is abuot to 'go' onthe floor you coudl always catch her
> >in time, and transfer her swiftly, but gently, to the nearest litter
> >box, how many boxes do you have aroudn the house? many have more than
> >one so she is always close by one as she may not be abel to get to oen
> >in time.
>
> >what are the general domestic circumstances? are there other cats
> >there with you? if so is she scared of them or do they get along?
>
> >to help teach her to clean herself you could use a small amount of
> >cotton wool dipped in WARM water (not hot or just cold) and wipe her
> >with it aruond her bottom area, gently of course, this may go some way
> >to replicate the feelgin of her mothers tongue cleaning her which
> >woudl have been the case had she had her mummy around.
>
> >poor little thing, she must be very confused without her mummy there
> >to look after her adn show her what is what, PLEASE do not get cross
> >at her or shout or get angry, this poor little scrap does not know
> >what to do as no one has shown her and if she is shouted at or senses
> >that you are angry with her she will just get stressed and probably
> >pee and poo herself more out of fear, so please be very patient with
> >this poor helpless little mite, she needs you to take good care of her
> >right now.
>
> >a trip to the vet for advice might also be a good idea,
>
> >please keep us posted, bookie
>
> I foster cats for the local Humane Society. I never get angry at them,
> but this is new to me. EVery other kitten cleaned herself or himself.
> I tried the cotton wool. I'm trying to arrange a trip to the vets.
> Goliath and Barbie are the 6 week olds. They are alone in a small room
> and have 2 litter boxes.
> I posted their pictures a couple of weeks back in a.b.pictures.animals- Hide quoted text -

sorry, you just never know, havgin read abuot some woman who posted
here a few weeks back saying that here paryner would rub the nose of
her old cat in it's urine whenit had accidents (as old cats tend to)
and shout at it, i just never know! i used to think all people were
understanding of when kitties have accidents of the type you are
describing with your kitten and knew that it is not the cats fault and
a sign that something is wrong (as you obviiously have done) but after
reading some of the posts and stories on here my faith in humans is
diminishing fast. sad isn't it?

sorry for gettign the wrong end of the stick, glad i was wrong i fact

bookie

bookie
May 29th 07, 04:03 PM
On 29 May, 08:40, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in messagenews:[email protected] st.com...
>

> > John Ross Mc Master wrote:
> >> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> >> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> >> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> >> floor.
>
> > I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
> > I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
> > with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
> > and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
> > hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was a
> > more appropriate place to go.
>
> > As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
> > I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.
>
> Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
> verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
> issues.
>
> Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>
> Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."
>
> She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
> saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.
>
> And I am no Grammar Pussy.
>
> "She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
> neither one of you assholes should have a cat.
>
> Just my 2 cents.- Hide quoted text -

yes I agree, the language used was rather crude and unnecessary

bookie
May 29th 07, 04:04 PM
On 29 May, 06:23, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> John Ross Mc Master wrote:
>
> > She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> > learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> > weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> > floor.
>
> I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
> I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
> with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
> and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
> hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was
> a more appropriate place to go.
>
> As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
> I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.

only if they have already been taught the basics by their mummy cat,
this chaps kitten obviously hasn't

John Ross Mc Master
May 29th 07, 06:51 PM
On 29 May 2007 08:03:54 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>On 29 May, 08:40, "cybercat" > wrote:

>> > I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>>
>> > I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
>> > with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
>> > and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
>> > hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was a
>> > more appropriate place to go.
>>
>> > As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>>
>> > I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.
>>
>> Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
>> verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
>> issues.
>>
>> Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>>
>> Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."
>>
>> She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
>> saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.
>>
>> And I am no Grammar Pussy.
>>
>> "She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
>> neither one of you assholes should have a cat.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents.- Hide quoted text -

>yes I agree, the language used was rather crude and unnecessary

I managed to get an appointment for her at a vets on Thursday. Really
good vet too, best in town. Wish Barbie all the best.

sheelagh
May 29th 07, 07:20 PM
On 29 May, 12:10, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:23:09 -0700, "Fred G. Mackey" >
> wrote:
>

> >John Ross Mc Master wrote:
> >> She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
> >> learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
> >> weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
> >> floor.
>
> >I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
> >I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
> >with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
> >and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
> >hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was
> >a more appropriate place to go.
>
> >As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
> >I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.
>
> I also assumed it was instinctive until I learned it was taught.- Hide quoted text -

No, it is taught by the mother. Until around 6ish weeks of age,. the
mother deals with any waste by clearing it up herself, then once she/
he is on to solids, then the mother will show them the cat litter,
what it's use is for, & how y to use it effectively, right down to how
to dig and cover it for you.
If she has missed out on this somewhere along the line, you will have
to take her mothers place and try to help out with that. the
instructions that Lis gave you are all that you need to know. Just be
there with the potty around 5- 10 Min's after she has eaten, & have
several around the house too, so it is never too far for her to go to
find it. I found that warm wet unscented baby wipes are very good for
the job of cleaning her up, & it also makes her feel like mummy is
cleaning her. If you have other cats, hopefully she will emulate them
as much as possible. In a worst case scenario, you will simply have to
show her how yourself..

Don't give up though.... you will get there if you persevere.
Good Luck & let us kno0w how the appointment went please?
Ta!
S:o)

cybercat
May 29th 07, 08:04 PM
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote

> I managed to get an appointment for her at a vets on Thursday. Really
> good vet too, best in town. Wish Barbie all the best.

Yay, John. Now that sounds much more like you.

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 31st 07, 01:46 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>John Ross Mc Master wrote:
>>
>>>She was separated from her mother at a very young age and never
>>>learned to clean herself. How can I teach her this? She is maybe 6
>>>weeks old now. She sometimes uses the litter box, most often the
>>>floor.
>>
>>I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>>
>>I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
>>with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
>>and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
>>hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was a
>>more appropriate place to go.
>>
>>As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>>
>>I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.
>

> Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
> verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
> issues.

Oh - I am so sorry. "****ed" is a synonym for "urinated" or if you
insist on something less technical sounding "went wee-wee".

> Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.

No, not at all.

> Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."

Oh nooooo - and yet you're repeating the bad word, aren't you?

> She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
> saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.

LOL - now you're calling me and your MIL "ignorant dickheads" because we
use non-technical terms like "****" and "****"?

Is your post supposed to be satirical?

> And I am no Grammar Pussy.

That's good - you're just trying to be ironic, aren't you?

> "She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
> neither one of you assholes should have a cat.

Hmm - you've used "****", "dickheads", "pussy" and "assholes" in your
post and you're calling me "unnecessarily crude"?

Are you a troll?

> Just my 2 cents.

cybercat
May 31st 07, 02:17 AM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote
>> Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use
>> a verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate
>> elimination issues.
>>

> Oh - I am so sorry. "****ed" is a synonym for "urinated" or if you insist
> on something less technical sounding "went wee-wee".

Yes, Fred, I know that.

>> Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>
> No, not at all.

Of course not YOUR mother. I can see her now.

"I'll have dinner in a minute, Fred Sr, Fred Jr. ****ed
hisself."

lol

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 31st 07, 02:50 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote
>
>>>Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use
>>>a verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate
>>>elimination issues.
>>>

>>Oh - I am so sorry. "****ed" is a synonym for "urinated" or if you insist
>>on something less technical sounding "went wee-wee".
>

> Yes, Fred, I know that.
>

>>>Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>>
>>No, not at all.
>

> Of course not YOUR mother. I can see her now.
>
> "I'll have dinner in a minute, Fred Sr, Fred Jr. ****ed
> hisself."

Wow - it's strange that most of your posts are not trollish, but you
have no problem throwing around vulgarities when you replied earlier to me.

Why did you snip the part where I pointed out that you used terms like
"dickhead", "asshole" and "pussy"?

It's because you could not bear to admit your own hypocrisy.

"****" is nowhere near as bad as some of the words you used in reply to
me, especially in the context that I used it.

You are mentally unbalanced.

> lol

cybercat
May 31st 07, 03:42 AM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
. ..
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote

>>>Oh - I am so sorry. "****ed" is a synonym for "urinated" or if you
>>>insist on something less technical sounding "went wee-wee".
>>

>> Yes, Fred, I know that.

>>>No, not at all.
>>

>> Of course not YOUR mother. I can see her now.
>>
>> "I'll have dinner in a minute, Fred Sr, Fred Jr. ****ed
>> hisself."
>>

> Wow - it's strange that most of your posts are not trollish, but you have
> no problem throwing around vulgarities when you replied earlier to me.
>
> Why did you snip the part where I pointed out that you used terms like
> "dickhead", "asshole" and "pussy"?
>
> It's because you could not bear to admit your own hypocrisy.
>
> "****" is nowhere near as bad as some of the words you used in reply to
> me, especially in the context that I used it.
>
> You are mentally unbalanced.
>
>> lol

:) Do you feel better now, Fred?

Since you asked, try this on for size, you well-balanced paragon of sanity,
you:

"A pile of ****" has a decidedly different tone than "Fred **** his pants,
YEEEHAW."

"Dickhead," "Asshole," and "Pussy," along with "Assbreath," "Smegmaface,"
and "Asswipe," among others, are time-honored nouns that are used to
describe, for example, someone like you.

Using "****" or "****" as a verb or as a literal noun is an entirely
different thing.

I am so embarrassed for you.

Even John knows his.

The difference? The vulgarity in the nouns serves to underscore the utterers
disgust with the subject of the tirade.

Conversely, when nobody is angry or disgusted, to say "Duh cat ****es
herself"
just sounds like single-eyebrowed, inbred, greasy-lipped, walleyed
ignorance.

In the context of a post about a cat who is exibiting inappropriate
elimination,
to say that the cat "wet herself" or "urinated where she sat" would have
been
much more appropriate.

Anything else?

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 31st 07, 05:46 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>cybercat wrote:
>>
>>>"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote

>>>Yes, Fred, I know that.

>>>Of course not YOUR mother. I can see her now.
>>>
>>>"I'll have dinner in a minute, Fred Sr, Fred Jr. ****ed
>>>hisself."
>>>

>>Wow - it's strange that most of your posts are not trollish, but you have
>>no problem throwing around vulgarities when you replied earlier to me.
>>
>>Why did you snip the part where I pointed out that you used terms like
>>"dickhead", "asshole" and "pussy"?
>>
>>It's because you could not bear to admit your own hypocrisy.
>>
>>"****" is nowhere near as bad as some of the words you used in reply to
>>me, especially in the context that I used it.
>>
>>You are mentally unbalanced.
>>

>>>lol
>

> :) Do you feel better now, Fred?

I feel fine, do you?

> Since you asked, try this on for size, you well-balanced paragon of sanity,
> you:
>
> "A pile of ****" has a decidedly different tone than "Fred **** his pants,
> YEEEHAW."

Both of which have a decidely different tone from "my cat ****ed on the
floor once". Remember? That's what you got your panties in such a
twist about to begin with.

1: You're using the term "****", which is definitely more vulgar than
"****". What term for urination would you prefer I use?

2: You're not talking about a real life situation anymore as I was. My
cat did **** on the floor. There is no "pile of ****" except for the
figurative one in your lap right now.

3: You've used MUCH more vulgar language in this thread than I have.

> "Dickhead," "Asshole," and "Pussy," along with "Assbreath," "Smegmaface,"
> and "Asswipe," among others, are time-honored nouns

No, they're not - certainly not among people who express some sort of
pseudo-righteous indignation about another person describing a natural
bodily function of their pet with the worth "****ed".

If you think that's true, try using such terms in polite company and see
what kind of reaction you get compared to describing your pets
"inappropriate elimination" as "****ing".

> that are used to
> describe, for example, someone like you.

Grow up.

> Using "****" or "****" as a verb or as a literal noun is an entirely
> different thing.

Of course. It's a description of a natural bodily function. It's not
used as a puerile antagonistic pejorative.

> I am so embarrassed for you.

You should be embarrassed for yourself.

> Even John knows his.
>
> The difference? The vulgarity in the nouns serves to underscore the utterers
> disgust with the subject of the tirade.

The only tirade here is yours. Remember how you called me an "ignorant
dickhead" and an "asshole"?

Scroll up a bit and see a few more terms you threw out.

"****" is a commonly accepted slang for urination.

> Conversely, when nobody is angry or disgusted, to say "Duh cat ****es
> herself"
> just sounds like single-eyebrowed, inbred, greasy-lipped, walleyed
> ignorance.

Sorry, but I disagree and I think any rational person would.

> In the context of a post about a cat who is exibiting inappropriate
> elimination,
> to say that the cat "wet herself" or "urinated where she sat" would have
> been
> much more appropriate.

I disagree. For one thing - I didn't say my cat "****ed herself". I
said she ****ed on a plastic bag.

Get over it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with using the term
"****ed" instead of a euphemism like "wet" or a more prudish term like
"urination".

> Anything else?

No. I'm done with your trollish nonsense.

bookie
May 31st 07, 01:50 PM
On 31 May, 05:46, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> [...]
> > herself"
> > just sounds like single-eyebrowed, inbred, greasy-lipped, walleyed
> > ignorance.
>
> Sorry, but I disagree and I think any rational person would.
>

> > In the context of a post about a cat who is exibiting inappropriate
> > elimination,
> > to say that the cat "wet herself" or "urinated where she sat" would have
> > been
> > much more appropriate.
>
> I disagree. For one thing - I didn't say my cat "****ed herself". I
> said she ****ed on a plastic bag.
>
> Get over it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with using the term
> "****ed" instead of a euphemism like "wet" or a more prudish term like
> "urination".
>

> > Anything else?
>
> No. I'm done with your trollish nonsense.- Hide quoted text -

not that i particualrly want to get invlved in this farcical argument
but....
wehen someone says that "such-and-such ****ed onthe carpet" it makes
it sounds as though it was an active decision on their part to empty
their bladder all over the furnishings, as opposed to the actual
scenario witrh regards to this poor kitten (which si waht we are
really supposed to be discussing) who involuntarily urinated on the
carpet, or posisbly just did not knwo any better.

using the term '****ed on' almost makes it sound liek a premeditated
act of malice when the perpetrator should have known better and had
the capacity and abillity to do otherwise and use the appropriate
toileting facilities.
i think that is what the problem with this particular word is about;
the image it conjures up

bookie

Fred G. Mackey[_2_]
May 31st 07, 02:58 PM
bookie wrote:
> On 31 May, 05:46, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
>

> not that i particualrly want to get invlved in this farcical argument
> but....
> wehen someone says that "such-and-such ****ed onthe carpet" it makes
> it sounds as though it was an active decision on their part to empty
> their bladder all over the furnishings, as opposed to the actual
> scenario witrh regards to this poor kitten (which si waht we are
> really supposed to be discussing) who involuntarily urinated on the
> carpet, or posisbly just did not knwo any better.
>
> using the term '****ed on' almost makes it sound liek a premeditated
> act of malice when the perpetrator should have known better and had
> the capacity and abillity to do otherwise and use the appropriate
> toileting facilities.
> i think that is what the problem with this particular word is about;
> the image it conjures up

Thanks for the rational discourse. For me, the term doesn't conjure up
anything malicious. In my cats case, she was in a new environment and
didn't know the appropriate palce to go. AFAIK, she had never been
exposed to a litter box.

> bookie

sheelagh
May 31st 07, 03:36 PM
On 29 May, 16:03, bookie > wrote:
> On 29 May, 08:40, "cybercat" > wrote:

> > > I'm certainly no expert, but aren't these things instinctive?
>
> > > I got my cat about this same age. The extent of her cat litter training
> > > with me was to pick her up after she had ****ed on a plastic grocery bag
> > > and place her in the litter box - she had only been with me a couple of
> > > hours at that point and apparently all she needed to know that there was a
> > > more appropriate place to go.
>
> > > As for cleaning, she never needed any help from me.
>
> > > I just assumed all this was natural behavior in most cats.
>
> > Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
> > verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
> > issues.
>
> > Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>
> > Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."
>
> > She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
> > saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.
>
> > And I am no Grammar Pussy.
>
> > "She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
> > neither one of you assholes should have a cat.
>
> > Just my 2 cents.- Hide quoted text -

> yes I agree, the language used was rather crude and unnecessary- Hide quoted text -

I beg to differ. I think we all use it occasionally.

S;o)

John Ross Mc Master
May 31st 07, 04:59 PM
On 31 May 2007 07:36:48 -0700, sheelagh
> wrote:

>On 29 May, 16:03, bookie > wrote:

>> > Just like I assumed it might be natural behavior for fullgrown men to use a
>> > verb other than "****ed" to describe a cat with inappropriate elimination
>> > issues.
>>
>> > Your mothers are rolling over in their graves and I am disgusted.
>>
>> > Reminds me of when my MIL said, about a cat, "she **** on the bed."
>>
>> > She, and you, might as well have spent a morning making yourselves banners
>> > saying "Ignorant Dickheads" and strapping them on.
>>
>> > And I am no Grammar Pussy.
>>
>> > "She ****es herself" etc is just unnecessary crudeness and makes me think
>> > neither one of you assholes should have a cat.
>>
>> > Just my 2 cents.- Hide quoted text -

>> yes I agree, the language used was rather crude and unnecessary- Hide quoted text -

>I beg to differ. I think we all use it occasionally.
>
>S;o)

The kitten ****ed on her legs, bottom and belly. She cetainly did ****
herself. She also vomited the last 3 of 4 days. And unlike her brother
she does not groom herself. I have a vet appointment at 2PM and hope
to get to the bottom of this. I hope it's not panleuk.

cybercat
May 31st 07, 05:45 PM
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote

> I have a vet appointment at 2PM and hope
> to get to the bottom of this. I hope it's not panleuk.

I have a really bad feeling about the whole thing, as I think you
do. Hope she is okay.

sheelagh
May 31st 07, 07:19 PM
On 31 May, 16:59, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> On 31 May 2007 07:36:48 -0700, sheelagh
>

> > wrote:

> >> yes I agree, the language used was rather crude and unnecessary- Hide quoted text -

> >I beg to differ. I think we all use it occasionally.
>
> >S;o)
>
> The kitten ****ed on her legs, bottom and belly. She cetainly did ****
> herself. She also vomited the last 3 of 4 days. And unlike her brother
> she does not groom herself. I have a vet appointment at 2PM and hope
> to get to the bottom of this. I hope it's not panleuk.- Hide quoted text -

Oh dear. It doesn't sound very promising. I wasn't trying to make
light of the situation, merely pointing out that I am guilty of the
same offence sometimes.

I am ever so sorry to hear that she is so poorly & wish you all well @
your appointment today. It would be tragic to hear this is the case,
but you are doing the right thing by eliminating by process.
I look forward to hearing what your vet thinks when you have time to
let us know too,
Best wishes,
sheelagh