PDA

View Full Version : And now we are 5

Paul M. Cook
May 29th 07, 03:00 AM
Been away from the group for a long time. Very sad to see the crap that now
predominates. I guess some a*^%$#s just can't stand the idea that people
love their pets.

OK, so now I have 5 cats. I have a second black cat named Jack, actually
Giacomo but Jack for short, and my deceased father's cat, Jade - a chocolate
brown tortie. My 3rd cat M'Tazz (sister was Razz - get it) is still his
same wired, weird self - convinced that his demise lies around every corner
and still sleeps with one eye open.

Anyway, my latest "acquisition" is a kitten I took in last December from a
horrid warehouse where she was expected to be a champion mouser in lieu of
food. So I catnapped her and named her Noel. She's sort of a silver
tabby - with dark cloud lining, She is a holy terror. She's now about 10
months old. Destroyed about a grand worth of my stuff so far including 3
computer laptop chargers, an expensive clay cookpot, my mattress, my living
room curtains. My stereo speakers are beyond hope so I have surrendered
them to her. She keeps me awake at all hours. She gets into trouble,
trees, roof. She likes to play mind games with me and she is probably the
bossiest little brat you ever saw - all 7 pounds of her. She terrorizes my
one cat M'Tazz (though I secretly think he likes it), she wrestles with Jack
and he lets her win, she thinks my hand is a chew toy and I look like I have
been tending rose bushes without gloves. My boss cat, Buddy, who if anyone
recalls was terribly sick the last time I posted, is now once again the king
of my home and doing fairly still- she utterly respects him even though he
has never so much as even hissed at her. She just knows.

So in short, I love her. What is wrong with us? I think she may like me,
too. She has started to bring me gifts. A few leaves, and today a chunk of
landscaping bark. All brought to me and deposited at my feet.

Life with 5 cats is a challenge. So many personalities, so much cat litter.

Paul

cybercat
May 29th 07, 03:14 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Been away from the group for a long time. Very sad to see the crap that
> now
> predominates. I guess some a*^%$#s just can't stand the idea that people
> love their pets.
>
> OK, so now I have 5 cats. I have a second black cat named Jack, actually
> Giacomo but Jack for short, and my deceased father's cat, Jade - a
> chocolate
> brown tortie. My 3rd cat M'Tazz (sister was Razz - get it) is still his
> same wired, weird self - convinced that his demise lies around every
> corner
> and still sleeps with one eye open.
>
> Anyway, my latest "acquisition" is a kitten I took in last December from a
> horrid warehouse where she was expected to be a champion mouser in lieu of
> food. So I catnapped her and named her Noel. She's sort of a silver
> tabby - with dark cloud lining, She is a holy terror. She's now about 10
> months old. Destroyed about a grand worth of my stuff so far including 3
> computer laptop chargers, an expensive clay cookpot, my mattress, my
> living
> room curtains. My stereo speakers are beyond hope so I have surrendered
> them to her. She keeps me awake at all hours. She gets into trouble,
> trees, roof. She likes to play mind games with me and she is probably the
> bossiest little brat you ever saw - all 7 pounds of her. She terrorizes
> my
> one cat M'Tazz (though I secretly think he likes it), she wrestles with
> Jack
> and he lets her win, she thinks my hand is a chew toy and I look like I
> have
> been tending rose bushes without gloves. My boss cat, Buddy, who if
> anyone
> recalls was terribly sick the last time I posted, is now once again the
> king
> of my home and doing fairly still- she utterly respects him even though he
> has never so much as even hissed at her. She just knows.
>
> So in short, I love her. What is wrong with us? I think she may like me,
> too. She has started to bring me gifts. A few leaves, and today a chunk
> of
> landscaping bark. All brought to me and deposited at my feet.
>
> Life with 5 cats is a challenge. So many personalities, so much cat
> litter.

Really wonderful post, Paul. You are in love! She sounds like a
heartbreaker!

Candace
May 29th 07, 03:45 AM
On May 28, 7:00 pm, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> Life with 5 cats is a challenge. So many personalities, so much cat litter.
>
> Paul

Wow, Paul, 5 cats! That's great, I know you're a wonderful cat dad so
they're all very lucky.

Candace

mlbriggs
May 29th 07, 06:10 AM
On Tue, 29 May 2007 02:00:59 +0000, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> Been away from the group for a long time. Very sad to see the crap that now
> predominates. I guess some a*^%$#s just can't stand the idea that people
> love their pets.
>
> OK, so now I have 5 cats. I have a second black cat named Jack, actually
> Giacomo but Jack for short, and my deceased father's cat, Jade - a chocolate
> brown tortie. My 3rd cat M'Tazz (sister was Razz - get it) is still his
> same wired, weird self - convinced that his demise lies around every corner
> and still sleeps with one eye open.
>
> Anyway, my latest "acquisition" is a kitten I took in last December from a
> horrid warehouse where she was expected to be a champion mouser in lieu of
> food. So I catnapped her and named her Noel. She's sort of a silver
> tabby - with dark cloud lining, She is a holy terror. She's now about 10
> months old. Destroyed about a grand worth of my stuff so far including 3
> computer laptop chargers, an expensive clay cookpot, my mattress, my living
> room curtains. My stereo speakers are beyond hope so I have surrendered
> them to her. She keeps me awake at all hours. She gets into trouble,
> trees, roof. She likes to play mind games with me and she is probably the
> bossiest little brat you ever saw - all 7 pounds of her. She terrorizes my
> one cat M'Tazz (though I secretly think he likes it), she wrestles with Jack
> and he lets her win, she thinks my hand is a chew toy and I look like I have
> been tending rose bushes without gloves. My boss cat, Buddy, who if anyone
> recalls was terribly sick the last time I posted, is now once again the king
> of my home and doing fairly still- she utterly respects him even though he
> has never so much as even hissed at her. She just knows.
>
> So in short, I love her. What is wrong with us? I think she may like me,
> too. She has started to bring me gifts. A few leaves, and today a chunk of
> landscaping bark. All brought to me and deposited at my feet.
>
> Life with 5 cats is a challenge. So many personalities, so much cat litter.
>
> Paul

Sounds like Seventh Heaven! MLB

sheelagh
May 29th 07, 07:35 PM
On 29 May, 03:00, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> Been away from the group for a long time. Very sad to see the crap that now
> predominates. I guess some a*^%$#s just can't stand the idea that people
> love their pets.
>
> OK, so now I have 5 cats. I have a second black cat named Jack, actually
> Giacomo but Jack for short, and my deceased father's cat, Jade - a chocolate
> brown tortie. My 3rd cat M'Tazz (sister was Razz - get it) is still his
> same wired, weird self - convinced that his demise lies around every corner
> and still sleeps with one eye open.
>
> Anyway, my latest "acquisition" is a kitten I took in last December from a
> horrid warehouse where she was expected to be a champion mouser in lieu of
> food. So I catnapped her and named her Noel. She's sort of a silver
> tabby - with dark cloud lining, She is a holy terror. She's now about 10
> months old. Destroyed about a grand worth of my stuff so far including 3
> computer laptop chargers, an expensive clay cookpot, my mattress, my living
> room curtains. My stereo speakers are beyond hope so I have surrendered
> them to her. She keeps me awake at all hours. She gets into trouble,
> trees, roof. She likes to play mind games with me and she is probably the
> bossiest little brat you ever saw - all 7 pounds of her. She terrorizes my
> one cat M'Tazz (though I secretly think he likes it), she wrestles with Jack
> and he lets her win, she thinks my hand is a chew toy and I look like I have
> been tending rose bushes without gloves. My boss cat, Buddy, who if anyone
> recalls was terribly sick the last time I posted, is now once again the king
> of my home and doing fairly still- she utterly respects him even though he
> has never so much as even hissed at her. She just knows.
>
> So in short, I love her. What is wrong with us? I think she may like me,
> too. She has started to bring me gifts. A few leaves, and today a chunk of
> landscaping bark. All brought to me and deposited at my feet.
>
> Life with 5 cats is a challenge. So many personalities, so much cat litter.
>
> Paul

Yeah, but then again, Look @ all that love.. wonderful isn't it?
S;o)