PDA

View Full Version : Traumatized or sick?

m4816k[_2_]
May 31st 07, 04:08 PM
My young male domestic (1 y.o.) got in a fight yesterday evening and today
is not eating, only drinks a bit of water and is vomiting. He has no visible
wounds or anything similar so I think he may be just scared cause it's his
first serious fight. I've been told by a vet once that cats can sometimes
refuse to eat for days when seriously traumatized (happend to one of my cats
while he was a kitten, when a guest accidentally stepped on his paw -
result: 2 days without eating), but I'm not sure about vomiting which
happened about 3 times today. Should I worry?

Rene S.
May 31st 07, 04:28 PM
Yes, I would be concerned. With that much vomiting, he might be
dehydrated. Not eating for more than 12-24 hours can also be dangerous
for cats. Call your vet and bring him in today.

BTW, is he neutered? This might be the reason for him wanting to
fight. Neutering him and keeping indoors is in his best interest.

m4816k[_2_]
May 31st 07, 04:40 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Yes, I would be concerned. With that much vomiting, he might be
> dehydrated. Not eating for more than 12-24 hours can also be dangerous
> for cats. Call your vet and bring him in today.
>
> BTW, is he neutered? This might be the reason for him wanting to
> fight. Neutering him and keeping indoors is in his best interest.

He's not neutered, and I don't really see a reason for neutering cause he
spends most of the time outdoors so even if he was, other males that aren't
would want to fight him. I know keeping indoors would be better, but one of
the family members is seriously allergic to fur so the cat can be in a
garage, basement (heated), shed etc. but not in the house. Thank you for
responding!

cybercat
May 31st 07, 04:55 PM
"m4816k" > wrote in message
> "Rene S." > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Yes, I would be concerned. With that much vomiting, he might be
>> dehydrated. Not eating for more than 12-24 hours can also be dangerous
>> for cats. Call your vet and bring him in today.
>>
>> BTW, is he neutered? This might be the reason for him wanting to
>> fight. Neutering him and keeping indoors is in his best interest.
>>

> He's not neutered, and I don't really see a reason for neutering cause he
> spends most of the time outdoors

hahaha!

Another case of "poor judgment," eh, Charlie?

Marijan, you are a flaming ****ing idiot.

Matthew
May 31st 07, 04:57 PM
"m4816k" > wrote in message
> "Rene S." > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Yes, I would be concerned. With that much vomiting, he might be
>> dehydrated. Not eating for more than 12-24 hours can also be dangerous
>> for cats. Call your vet and bring him in today.
>>
>> BTW, is he neutered? This might be the reason for him wanting to
>> fight. Neutering him and keeping indoors is in his best interest.
>>

> He's not neutered, and I don't really see a reason for neutering cause he
> spends most of the time outdoors so even if he was, other males that
> aren't would want to fight him.

WRONG .

And why neutering take a look at the local animal shelter and the animals
that are have to be put down due to unwanted animal being born

I know keeping indoors would be better, but one of
> the family members is seriously allergic to fur so the cat can be in a
> garage, basement (heated), shed etc. but not in the house. Thank you for
> responding!

Lynne
May 31st 07, 05:40 PM
on Thu, 31 May 2007 15:40:58 GMT, "m4816k"
> wrote:

> He's not neutered, and I don't really see a reason for neutering cause
> he spends most of the time outdoors

<snip>

This is wrong for so many reasons. First of all, he is fighting because he
is not neutered. Second of all, and not unrelated, he is out looking for
females in heat. And he will find them, and he will impregnate them, and
you will be personally responsible for hundreds if not thousands of
unwanted kittens. He will also roam looking for said females (and fighting
along the way) and he may end up a statistic, flattened on a road
somewhere. Or worse.

Get him neutered. And if you want to keep him safe, keep him indoors.

--
Lynne

cybercat
May 31st 07, 05:46 PM
"Matthew" > wrote

> WRONG .

I know I am pretty cranky lately, but my God, where are all these idiots
coming from?

Rene S.
May 31st 07, 06:50 PM

> He's not neutered, and I don't really see a reason for neutering cause he
> spends most of the time outdoors so even if he was, other males that aren't
> would want to fight him. I know keeping indoors would be better, but one of
> the family members is seriously allergic to fur so the cat can be in a
> garage, basement (heated), shed etc. but not in the house. Thank you for
> responding!

Please reconsider having him neutered. Neutering is not that expensive
and you can bring him home the same day. In addition to impregnating
other females, roaming, and wanting to fight, there's also the issue
of spraying (unneutered male cat pee *stinks*!). Thousands and
thousands of animals are euthanized each year because there aren't
enough homes. Please don't add to this problem.

Gail
May 31st 07, 08:32 PM
To the vet........
Gail
"m4816k" > wrote in message
> My young male domestic (1 y.o.) got in a fight yesterday evening and today
> is not eating, only drinks a bit of water and is vomiting. He has no
> visible wounds or anything similar so I think he may be just scared cause
> it's his first serious fight. I've been told by a vet once that cats can
> sometimes refuse to eat for days when seriously traumatized (happend to
> one of my cats while he was a kitten, when a guest accidentally stepped on
> his paw - result: 2 days without eating), but I'm not sure about vomiting
> which happened about 3 times today. Should I worry?

Matthew
May 31st 07, 09:45 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote
>>
>> WRONG .
>>

> I know I am pretty cranky lately, but my God, where are all these idiots
> coming from?
Schools out remember