PDA

View Full Version : Barbie the kitten update

John Ross Mc Master
May 31st 07, 10:43 PM
The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.

bookie
May 31st 07, 11:42 PM
On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.

when you get her back still try the thing with the cotton wool ball in
warm water trick to act like her mummy's tongue, she may not be able
to learn from just observation alone
thanks for lettign us know what happened at the vets though

and for using the word 'urination' too

any photos of the little fluffball yet?

cheers bookie

John Ross Mc Master
June 1st 07, 12:10 AM
On 31 May 2007 15:42:43 -0700, bookie >
wrote:

>On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
>> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
>> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
>> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
>> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
>> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.
>
>when you get her back still try the thing with the cotton wool ball in
>warm water trick to act like her mummy's tongue, she may not be able
>to learn from just observation alone
>thanks for lettign us know what happened at the vets though
>
>and for using the word 'urination' too
>
>any photos of the little fluffball yet?
>
>cheers bookie

In 5 minutes I'll put her picture into a.b.pictures.animals

cybercat
June 1st 07, 12:13 AM
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.

Super!

Lynne
June 1st 07, 12:21 AM
on Thu, 31 May 2007 21:43:28 GMT, John Ross Mc Master
> wrote:

> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like Barbie will be okay. I've had two
kittens now that lost their mothers at young ages. One was taken care of
by an older (male) cat and the other by me. It took both of them a while
to learn to clean up after themselves, but they did both learn. In the
meantime, it needs to be done for them. Try to emulate what a mama cat
would do with her tongue, use short, quick strokes and intermix them with
some affectionate scritches. She'll catch on.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
June 1st 07, 01:59 AM
On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.

Nice one!!
Thanks for letting us know too
S;o)

John Ross Mc Master
June 1st 07, 07:25 PM
On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:59:37 -0700, sheelagh
> wrote:

>On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
>> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
>> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
>> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
>> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
>> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.
>
>Nice one!!
>Thanks for letting us know too
>S;o)

She ****ed in her litterbox for the first time today, a few minutes
ago! I HOPE this continues.

sheelagh
June 1st 07, 11:20 PM
On 1 Jun, 19:25, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:59:37 -0700, sheelagh
>
> > wrote:
> >On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> >> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> >> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> >> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> >> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> >> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.
>
> >Nice one!!
> >Thanks for letting us know too
> >S;o)
>
> She ****ed in her litter box for the first time today, a few minutes
> ago! I HOPE this continues.

Same here!

Congratulations to you both as well. I don't care how you phrase it..
the main issue here is that the kitten is improving. Some people are
more intent on bitching than getting down to the issue & working
together to bring a result...
I am "really pleased that you have progressed to an improvement. Well
done & thank you for caring enough to make sure she got the care @
all. There are so many that don't even get their chance..People are
cruel & for reasons I can't quite connect with, they can live with
themselves too having denied thier cat the treatment or asked for help
at all..even if it was only emotional support..
I also hope that she continues in this way for the foreseeable future.
Think positive, OK?

She has got this far because you helped out when she needed it. I'm
confident you would know if there was any deterioration, because you
know what to look for. I'm confident in your ability to do what needs
doing, & executing it too. You have to show her the way forward & I
know you will.
Good Luck & stay in contact to shout if you need it any time at all.
On the net, the world is awake when you are....
S;o)

sheelagh
June 3rd 07, 07:09 PM
On 1 Jun, 19:25, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:59:37 -0700, sheelagh
>
> > wrote:
> >On 31 May, 22:43, John Ross Mc Master > wrote:
> >> The vet says Barbie weighs 1 pound 3 ounces and is small for her age.
> >> The vet thinks the problem is worms. She says the urination problems
> >> should clear up in time if Barbie observes her brother and follows his
> >> example. Barbie has no fever or virus that they can find!
> >> Barbie is being held so they can examine a stool sample.
>
> >Nice one!!
> >Thanks for letting us know too
> >S;o)
>
> She ****ed in her litterbox for the first time today, a few minutes
> ago! I HOPE this continues.

How is Barbie doing now?
I was thinking of her earlier & hoping that things are improving, if
only slightly?
It will take a few days for the worms to clear through I guess...
Hope all is well,
S;o)