PDA

View Full Version : Cat with wobbly back legs

Naomi
June 4th 07, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone.

I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
(long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
(she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
(10-30pm-ish).
This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
so he doesn't have to go upstairs.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
anything harmful in it.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Naomi

cindys
June 4th 07, 01:14 PM
You need to take him to the vet immediately!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"Naomi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
> come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
> (long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
> (she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
> cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
> Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
> weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
> Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
> amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
> day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
> (10-30pm-ish).
> This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
> usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
> tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
> it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
> was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
> ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
> him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
> one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
> still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
> slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
> picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
> holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
> him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
> I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
> had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
> so he doesn't have to go upstairs.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
> might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
> noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
> husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
> anything harmful in it.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> Naomi

mlbriggs
June 4th 07, 05:57 PM
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 05:04:58 -0700, Naomi wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
> come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
> (long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
> (she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
> cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
> Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
> weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
> Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
> amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
> day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
> (10-30pm-ish).
> This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
> usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
> tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
> it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
> was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
> ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
> him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
> one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
> still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
> slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
> picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
> holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
> him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
> I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
> had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
> so he doesn't have to go upstairs.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
> might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
> noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
> husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
> anything harmful in it.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> Naomi

It sounds like an injury. Take him to TED. MLB

yngver
June 4th 07, 10:28 PM
On Jun 4, 7:14 am, "cindys" > wrote:
> You need to take him to the vet immediately!
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>
> "Naomi" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Hi everyone.
>
> > I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
> > come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
> > (long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
> > (she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
> > cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
> > Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
> > weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
> > Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
> > amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
> > day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
> > (10-30pm-ish).
> > This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
> > usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
> > tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
> > it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
> > was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
> > ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
> > him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
> > one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
> > still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
> > slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
> > picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
> > holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
> > him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
> > I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
> > had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
> > so he doesn't have to go upstairs.
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
> > might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
> > noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
> > husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
> > anything harmful in it.
>
> > Thanks in advance for the help,
> > Naomi

Yes, I hope by now you have taken him to the vet. He could have thrown
a blood clot, cutting off circulation to his hind legs. This is a very
painful condition and can be life threatening, so he needs to be seen
by a vet immediately. I hope this is not the case, but even if it is a
spinal injury of some sort, the faster he is treated, the more likely
he is to recover the use of his legs.
-yngver

bookie
June 5th 07, 12:09 AM
On 4 Jun, 17:57, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 05:04:58 -0700, Naomi wrote:
> > Hi everyone.
>
> > I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
> > come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
> > (long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
> > (she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
> > cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
> > Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
> > weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
> > Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
> > amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
> > day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
> > (10-30pm-ish).
> > This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
> > usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
> > tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
> > it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
> > was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
> > ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
> > him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
> > one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
> > still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
> > slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
> > picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
> > holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
> > him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
> > I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
> > had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
> > so he doesn't have to go upstairs.
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
> > might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
> > noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
> > husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
> > anything harmful in it.
>
> > Thanks in advance for the help,
> > Naomi
>
> It sounds like an injury. Take him to TED. MLB- Hide quoted text -

excuse my ignorance but what's TED?

Matthew
June 5th 07, 12:14 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 4 Jun, 17:57, mlbriggs > wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 05:04:58 -0700, Naomi wrote:
>> > Hi everyone.
>>
>> > I am the owner of an eight to nine year old Siamese cat. He's recently
>> > come back to live with me after a few years of living with my Mother
>> > (long story). Unforutnately she had a problem keeping his weight down
>> > (she had another cat also) and so he got VERY fat. He's a very large
>> > cat anyway, but he shouldn't be this overweight.
>> > Anyway, as soon as he came back to live with me, I took him to the
>> > weight clinic at the vet's. They've put him on 50g per day of Science
>> > Diet MD (he was previously on 100g SD PD), which seems an awfully low
>> > amount, but I've done what the vet asked and am giving him two meals a
>> > day, first thing in the morning (7am-ish) and before I go to bed
>> > (10-30pm-ish).
>> > This morning he went for his food (he didn't beg for it like crazy as
>> > usual) and had difficulty jumping up for it (I feed him on top of the
>> > tumble dryer so he gets a bit of exercise). I didn't think anything of
>> > it as I was rushed, but when I came back home later this morning, he
>> > was laying in an odd spot on the floor. He only just got up a while
>> > ago and was wobbling. At first I thought he had a limp, but I watched
>> > him closely and it was like his back end was unstable and tipping from
>> > one side to the other. I gave him a little food just to see if he
>> > still had his appetite, fortunately he does, but he's depressed. He
>> > slumped down on the bathroom floor looking forlorn, so I carefully
>> > picked him up, not touching his back end, he was in pain as I was
>> > holding him as his back leg was shuddering and he cried. I've brought
>> > him down onto the settee where I can keep a better eye on him.
>> > I've booked him into the vet's this evening (it was the only time they
>> > had). In the meantime I'm gonna bring his litter and water down here
>> > so he doesn't have to go upstairs.
>>
>> > I was just wondering if anyone here had any kinda of idea of what this
>> > might be? Something caused by his weight? Or his diet? The only other
>> > noteable thing is that I've been using "Petal Cleanse" on him as my
>> > husband is allergic, but as it's a natural product, I doubt there's
>> > anything harmful in it.
>>
>> > Thanks in advance for the help,
>> > Naomi
>>
>> It sounds like an injury. Take him to TED. MLB- Hide quoted text -

> excuse my ignorance but what's TED?

http://www.acronymattic.com/results.aspx?q=TED

The evil Doctor

cindys
June 5th 07, 02:41 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>> It sounds like an injury. Take him to TED. MLB- Hide quoted text -

> excuse my ignorance but what's TED?
-------
The Emergency Department?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
June 5th 07, 03:24 AM
On 5 Jun, 02:41, "cindys" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >> It sounds like an injury. Take him to TED. MLB- Hide quoted text -

> > excuse my ignorance but what's TED?
>
> -------
> The Emergency Department?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I thought the same thing,Lol...

Just goes to show how wrong you can be, & how easy the mistake is to
make, Eh?
S;o)

Naomi
June 5th 07, 05:33 PM
Hi all, thanks for the comments.

I took him to the vet who said that in all likelihood he had fallen
and hurt himself, as you suggested... He gave him an anti-inflammatory
which seemed to cheer him up and he was walking easier today. Vet said
to bring him back in a couple of days if he was no better or if the
drugs had worn off.

Today I noticed that his back end was wet and smelly and he was
licking the area a lot. I've just been upstairs now to find that he's
leaked soggy poo on the carpet and considerately gone onto the vinyl
to leak what looks like weak blood in a puddle and in little spots.
He's meowing at me but seems happy enough, he's purring when I fuss
him (which he wasn't doing yesterday).

He cannot move his tail, it's completely limp and has been all day. It
doesn't move even when I stroke his back, it drags on the floor and he
doesn't seem to care and isn't wailing in pain.

I called the vet back and I'm waiting for my ride to come help me take
him... I don't drive myself and my husband's gone away (typical that
this happens when he's not here!) so I'm relying on my Mother-in-law.
She's leaving work early to take us...

.... I'm really worried now, this is obviously more serious than just a
fall... This cat has seen me through thick and thin (I brought him
with me from California to England when I moved here six years ago)
and he's such a character, I'd hate for anything to happen to him... I
need him for years to come!!! I just lost my other cat (whom I also
brought back from CA) in February to cancer.

>From a monatary point of view I'm not looking forward to this either,
after spending several hundred pounds on my other cat only to have him
die only a few days after appearing ill. I know, we have pets and we
take on the responsibility of making sure they're well looked after,
so at the end of the day, it's money well spent.

Thanks everyone for your comments and I will keep you posted!

Naomi

sheelagh
June 5th 07, 10:15 PM
On 5 Jun, 17:33, Naomi > wrote:
> Hi all, thanks for the comments.
>
> I took him to the vet who said that in all likelihood he had fallen
> and hurt himself, as you suggested... He gave him an anti-inflammatory
> which seemed to cheer him up and he was walking easier today. Vet said
> to bring him back in a couple of days if he was no better or if the
> drugs had worn off.
>
> Today I noticed that his back end was wet and smelly and he was
> licking the area a lot. I've just been upstairs now to find that he's
> leaked soggy poo on the carpet and considerately gone onto the vinyl
> to leak what looks like weak blood in a puddle and in little spots.
> He's meowing at me but seems happy enough, he's purring when I fuss
> him (which he wasn't doing yesterday).
>
> He cannot move his tail, it's completely limp and has been all day. It
> doesn't move even when I stroke his back, it drags on the floor and he
> doesn't seem to care and isn't wailing in pain.
>
> I called the vet back and I'm waiting for my ride to come help me take
> him... I don't drive myself and my husband's gone away (typical that
> this happens when he's not here!) so I'm relying on my Mother-in-law.
> She's leaving work early to take us...
>
> ... I'm really worried now, this is obviously more serious than just a
> fall... This cat has seen me through thick and thin (I brought him
> with me from California to England when I moved here six years ago)
> and he's such a character, I'd hate for anything to happen to him... I
> need him for years to come!!! I just lost my other cat (whom I also
> brought back from CA) in February to cancer.
>
> >From a monatary point of view I'm not looking forward to this either,
>
> after spending several hundred pounds on my other cat only to have him
> die only a few days after appearing ill. I know, we have pets and we
> take on the responsibility of making sure they're well looked after,
> so at the end of the day, it's money well spent.
>
> Thanks everyone for your comments and I will keep you posted!
>
> Naomi

Hi Naomi,

I Haven't got time to post as I would like to, so will try again later
after kids get their homework done...

With regard to vets fee's and help with them, please have a look @
this link because I think they might be able to help out here. Explain
better later. For now, I will leave this links for your
consideration...( I live in the UK too)

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/managed/finder.html

This charity has hospitals, & will also help with private vet's fee's
too. If you happen to live near one of their hospital's, or any that
they recommend, then use them because they are brilliant;if not then
use your normal vet & they will help out with the fee's there
instead.....

http://www.rspca.org.uk/

The RSPCA also help out financially if you need it too. I think it is
only about 60 per visit, but that helps when you need it..
Hoping to hear how you got on today, later.
Good Luck!
S;o)

Naomi
June 5th 07, 10:31 PM

> Hi Naomi,
>
> I Haven't got time to post as I would like to, so will try again later
> after kids get their homework done...
>
> With regard to vets fee's and help with them, please have a look @
> this link because I think they might be able to help out here. Explain
> better later. For now, I will leave this links for your
> consideration...( I live in the UK too)
>
> http://www.pdsa.org.uk/managed/finder.html
>
> This charity has hospitals, & will also help with private vet's fee's
> too. If you happen to live near one of their hospital's, or any that
> they recommend, then use them because they are brilliant;if not then
> use your normal vet & they will help out with the fee's there
> instead.....
>
> http://www.rspca.org.uk/
>
> The RSPCA also help out financially if you need it too. I think it is
> only about 60 per visit, but that helps when you need it..
> Hoping to hear how you got on today, later.
> Good Luck!
> S;o)- Hide quoted text -

Hi Sheelagh and thank you for your post and advice. I hope you don't
mind my pasting this in from a post of mine to another group as it's
quicker than retyping everything that happened today! - "The vet said
the cat has lost feeling in his anal region, he
poked down there with a needle and Clyde felt nothing. He observed
that he was leaking blood and puss from his bladder and the area of
pain was still there on his back. He said that the pain was between
vertebrae (sp?) and so it may be that he has a slipped disc. The vet
offered to keep him in overnight to put him on a drip, as he's
dehydrated, so he's there now. The vet wants to do x-rays and blood/
urine tests on him tomorrow to try to find the cause of the problem.
I should've spoken further with the vet about if a spinal injury is
treatable and the cost, but didn't think to until I left, my head was
too fuzzy! If it's treatable but too costly then I have a tough
decision to make. I hate to be pessimistic, but blood and puss coming
from the bladder, along with incontenance (sp?) CANNOT be good and so
I have to think about what the kindest thing to do is. "

I absolutely adore this cat, he's so unique, a large, chubby Siamese
with the most laid back and cool personality, I cradle him like a baby
and he lets me... such a softy. All I think is for the worst, but I
still hold a small glimmer of hope that something can be done and I
can bring him home tomorrow. The vet arranged an appointment for me to
pick him up tomorrow, I'd like to think that was a good sign.

One last thing Sheelagh, with the PDSA and RSPCA, don't they only help
you out if you're on benefits? I'm not on benefits as I'm married to
someone in full time work, but we cannot afford major bills and we
can't take him very far (ie to a PDSA clinic, the nearest being an
hour away) in his current state, do you think they'll be able to help
me out with costs bearing all of the above in mind?!.

Anyway, will keep you posted,
thanks again,
Naomi

sheelagh
June 6th 07, 02:48 PM

On 5 Jun, 22:31, Naomi > wrote:
> > Hi Naomi,
>
> > I Haven't got time to post as I would like to, so will try again later
> > after kids get their homework done...
>
> > With regard to vets fee's and help with them, please have a look @
> > this link because I think they might be able to help out here. Explain
> > better later. For now, I will leave this links for your
> > consideration...( I live in the UK too)
>
> >http://www.pdsa.org.uk/managed/finder.html
>
> > This charity has hospitals, & will also help with private vet's fee's
> > too. If you happen to live near one of their hospital's, or any that
> > they recommend, then use them because they are brilliant;if not then
> > use your normal vet & they will help out with the fee's there
> > instead.....
>
> >http://www.rspca.org.uk/
>
> > The RSPCA also help out financially if you need it too. I think it is
> > only about 60 per visit, but that helps when you need it..
> > Hoping to hear how you got on today, later.
> > Good Luck!
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Sheelagh and thank you for your post and advice. I hope you don't
> mind my pasting this in from a post of mine to another group as it's
> quicker than retyping everything that happened today! - "The vet said
> the cat has lost feeling in his anal region, he
> poked down there with a needle and Clyde felt nothing. He observed
> that he was leaking blood and puss from his bladder and the area of
> pain was still there on his back. He said that the pain was between
> vertebrae (sp?) and so it may be that he has a slipped disc. The vet
> offered to keep him in overnight to put him on a drip, as he's
> dehydrated, so he's there now. The vet wants to do x-rays and blood/
> urine tests on him tomorrow to try to find the cause of the problem.
> I should've spoken further with the vet about if a spinal injury is
> treatable and the cost, but didn't think to until I left, my head was
> too fuzzy! If it's treatable but too costly then I have a tough
> decision to make. I hate to be pessimistic, but blood and puss coming
> from the bladder, along with incontenance (sp?) CANNOT be good and so
> I have to think about what the kindest thing to do is. "

Oh dear, what a terrible position this puts you in! I have every
sympathy & empathy for you. I'm glad that you now have a slightly
clearer picture of what the problems are, where you were having to
guess what was happening to Clyde. I am so sorry to hear this, & hope
for a favourable outcome. Who knows, there might be some good news
after the xray. I know how hard it can be to remain optimistic after
news like this. I'm sorry that you are cross posting too. I will try
and find your other thread & go to that one , so that you don't have
all of that copy and pasting to do simply for me. .....

You have my sympathy because I have recently faced 2HUGE vet bills
recently. 1 was for a cat with Pyometra( a puss filled womb), & the
other was for 1 of my cats who was shot with a BB Gun @ almost point
blank range, so I understand your fear of the bill @ the end of
Clyde's treatment....

> I absolutely adore this cat, he's so unique, a large, chubby Siamese
> with the most laid back and cool personality, I cradle him like a baby
> and he lets me... such a softy. All I think is for the worst, but I
> still hold a small glimmer of hope that something can be done and I
> can bring him home tomorrow. The vet arranged an appointment for me to
> pick him up tomorrow, I'd like to think that was a good sign.

He sounds a wonderful Bag-Puss With a very good nature & sense of
humour too. try & hang on to that glimmer of hope @ least until you
are told otherwise. I think we all tend to think this way when our
nearest & dearest are vulnerable. I'm certain it is human nature. As
their slave's, we have to what is best for them rather than ourselves
& sometimes that can be very hard to do for them. I am pleased to hear
that you should be able to pick him up tomorrow. it does sound
encouraging & I would see it as a good sign as well;o)

> One last thing Sheelagh, with the PDSA and RSPCA, don't they only help
> you out if you're on benefits? I'm not on benefits as I'm married to
> someone in full time work, but we cannot afford major bills and we
> can't take him very far (ie to a PDSA clinic, the nearest being an
> hour away) in his current state, do you think they'll be able to help
> me out with costs bearing all of the above in mind?!.

It never hurts to ask Naomi. I think that if you were to point out
everything that you have told me, then you stand a far better chance
of getting some assistance, than if you were not to bother @ all. I am
aware that they generally help people on lower incomes.. but I am
certain that if you were to mention everything within your call to
them, they would be sympathetic &even if one can't help, they will
most certainly point you in the direction of someone who could help
Clyde. Please don't forget that there are Blue Cross hospitals, The
Cat Protection League. The RSPCA also run clinics and hospitals all
around the Country & they would certainly not turn you away. I happen
to be on a low income, so I got full help from all of them, for which
I an truely grateful. It doesn't mean to say that you will not get
"any" help simply because your husband is in full time work. I have
given you the same link again. all you have to do is click on the area
that you are in & you will note that there wil be Blue x hospitals,
RSPCA Clinics as well as any other charitable organisations too. Try
"ALL" of them. If they can help, they will;if they can't hep, they
will put you onto someone who can, ok?

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/managed/finder.html

I wish you the very best. I will look for your other post so that I
can keep up to date with how Clyde is progressing & how you are coping
too. I really do feel for you, & pray for a favourable outcome. If
things get worse, please keep posting, because what I miss, someone
else might pick up on instead.
Best Wishes,
S:o)

Naomi
June 7th 07, 12:13 PM
On 6 Jun, 14:48, sheelagh > wrote:
> [...]
> > too fuzzy! If it's treatable but too costly then I have a tough
> > decision to make. I hate to be pessimistic, but blood and puss coming
> > from the bladder, along with incontenance (sp?) CANNOT be good and so
> > I have to think about what the kindest thing to do is. "
>
> Oh dear, what a terrible position this puts you in! I have every
> sympathy & empathy for you. I'm glad that you now have a slightly
> clearer picture of what the problems are, where you were having to
> guess what was happening to Clyde. I am so sorry to hear this, & hope
> for a favourable outcome. Who knows, there might be some good news
> after the xray. I know how hard it can be to remain optimistic after
> news like this. I'm sorry that you are cross posting too. I will try
> and find your other thread & go to that one , so that you don't have
> all of that copy and pasting to do simply for me. .....

I'm sorry about the cross-posting myself, I didn't know how to add
another group to the "to" window, I've figured it out now, so I should
be posting the same messages to all three groups.

> You have my sympathy because I have recently faced 2HUGE vet bills
> recently. 1 was for a cat with Pyometra( a puss filled womb), & the
> other was for 1 of my cats who was shot with a BB Gun @ almost point
> blank range, so I understand your fear of the bill @ the end of
> Clyde's treatment....

It really IS extortionate what vets charge and they can do it because
they know as pet owners, we have no other choice but to pay it.

> > I absolutely adore this cat, he's so unique, a large, chubby Siamese
> > with the most laid back and cool personality, I cradle him like a baby
> > and he lets me... such a softy. All I think is for the worst, but I
> > still hold a small glimmer of hope that something can be done and I
> > can bring him home tomorrow. The vet arranged an appointment for me to
> > pick him up tomorrow, I'd like to think that was a good sign.
>
> He sounds a wonderful Bag-Puss With a very good nature & sense of
> humour too. try & hang on to that glimmer of hope @ least until you
> are told otherwise. I think we all tend to think this way when our
> nearest & dearest are vulnerable. I'm certain it is human nature. As
> their slave's, we have to what is best for them rather than ourselves
> & sometimes that can be very hard to do for them. I am pleased to hear
> that you should be able to pick him up tomorrow. it does sound
> encouraging & I would see it as a good sign as well;o)

Well, as you might've seen from my recent post, I won't be picking him
up just yet. The vet is keeping him for another day as he's still
leaking blood from his bladder, it's gotten worse since last night :-(

> > One last thing Sheelagh, with the PDSA and RSPCA, don't they only help
> > you out if you're on benefits? I'm not on benefits as I'm married to
> > someone in full time work, but we cannot afford major bills and we
> > can't take him very far (ie to a PDSA clinic, the nearest being an
> > hour away) in his current state, do you think they'll be able to help
> > me out with costs bearing all of the above in mind?!.
>
> It never hurts to ask Naomi. I think that if you were to point out
> everything that you have told me, then you stand a far better chance
> of getting some assistance, than if you were not to bother @ all. I am
> aware that they generally help people on lower incomes.. but I am
> certain that if you were to mention everything within your call to
> them, they would be sympathetic &even if one can't help, they will
> most certainly point you in the direction of someone who could help
> Clyde. Please don't forget that there are Blue Cross hospitals, The
> Cat Protection League. The RSPCA also run clinics and hospitals all
> around the Country & they would certainly not turn you away. I happen
> to be on a low income, so I got full help from all of them, for which
> I an truely grateful. It doesn't mean to say that you will not get
> "any" help simply because your husband is in full time work. I have
> given you the same link again. all you have to do is click on the area
> that you are in & you will note that there wil be Blue x hospitals,
> RSPCA Clinics as well as any other charitable organisations too. Try
> "ALL" of them. If they can help, they will;if they can't hep, they
> will put you onto someone who can, ok?
>
> http://www.pdsa.org.uk/managed/finder.html

I will try the RSPCA, I contacted the PDSA and the woman there just
asked if I was on any benefits, I told her no and she said you have to
be on benefits for them to help, so sorry and goodbye! She didn't even
offer any advice!

> I wish you the very best. I will look for your other post so that I
> can keep up to date with how Clyde is progressing & how you are coping
> too. I really do feel for you, & pray for a favourable outcome. If
> things get worse, please keep posting, because what I miss, someone
> else might pick up on instead.

Thanks so much for your kind worse, I really do appreciate it and am
glad that someone else can understand what I'm going through. If you
would like to see a few pics of Clyde, I just put some up here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/NaomiGD/ClydeEPoo

Let me know if you can't view them and I can either email them or put
them up somewhere else.

>From his photos you can see what a handsome, large and unique (I know
they ALL are, but he is especially!) cat he is.

Take care,
Naomi

> Best Wishes,
> S:o)- Hide quoted text -

cindys
June 7th 07, 05:27 PM
"Naomi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
On 6 Jun, 14:48, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 5 Jun, 22:31, Naomi > wrote:

Thanks so much for your kind worse, I really do appreciate it and am
glad that someone else can understand what I'm going through. If you
would like to see a few pics of Clyde, I just put some up here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/NaomiGD/ClydeEPoo

--------
He is totally gorgeous and he looks so loving. I can see why you love him so
much.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.