PDA

View Full Version : Bandit RB

CatNipped
June 4th 07, 09:06 PM
Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

She had an easy passage to the bridge, she was so weak that I think the
intramuscular sedative was enough to send her on her way. When Dr. French
poked her thigh with the sedative needle she gave one last cougar-like yowl
and scared the **** out of the vet tech (Bandit's trademark, patented July
8, 1990). After that it took about 5 minutes for the sedative to start
working (as I said, I think her breathing may have stopped, or slowed so
much I couldn't see her chest rise, at that point). Then Dr. French gave
her the medicine that released her from her pain and infirmities.

We had a good weekend together, I got some last pictures of her, and I let
her roam around in the backyard smelling the world for the last time
(http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Last/). You can see how
weary she looked in the pictures taken today.

For the last two hours of her life I held her in my arms and petted her, and
told her all that she meant to me over the years.

I can't really relate any stories or memories now - it's still too raw.
Maybe in a week or so I'll redo her web page. In the meantime, this is
something I wrote for her a while back.

Looking into your eyes now, I don't see that sparkle of mischievousness that
used to make them glow with the joy of life and the exuberance of youth.
Instead there are spots there."Iris Pigmentation" the vet calls it, normal
for your age, something like liver spots in older people - yes, I'm familiar
with those. Your eyes are misted, cloudy with the years you've lived. But
those eyes still look at me with love and can still melt my heart. The power
of your eyes has not dimmed in the least.

Your fur is not as sleek and shiny now, you don't groom as much as when you
were a young and prideful girl - arthritis keeps you from bending as easily
as you once did. There are spots that are patchy and dry, places where the
hair is thinning (mine is thinning too, my love). Never mind, I will brush
your coat for you, tenderly smoothing those places that are now hard for you
to reach with your scratchy little tongue. My payment for all the times that
tongue lovingly dried the tears on my cheeks when life or love was treating
me badly.

Those legs, once powerful enough to leap to the highest perch, now tremble a
bit when you walk. My heart breaks when I see you eying a favorite napping
spot that you can no longer reach, and then quietly retreating to a corner
on the floor to rest. Be at ease my sweet, I will lift you to wherever you
want to go. I owe you that for all the times you lifted my heart and made me
laugh with your cavorting through the house in pursuit of a fly! I will be
there for you as you have always been for me. I can't run and play as I did
in my youth either, but we can sit together in front of a fire to warm our
tired old bones and reminisce about the time when we thought we could
conquer the world.

Your heart, once so strong and steady, now falters with age. Please, please
dear heart, keep beating. Defy the end and stay with me a little longer. My
own heart will break beyond repair when you are taken from me. Your tiny
heart has always been big enough to hold a whole universe full of love, and
generous enough to forgive me all my faults and stupid mistakes. Yours is
the only heart that has been ever steadfast and true, unlike so many others
that may have been bigger in physical size, but so much smaller in the
capacity to love and forgive. You have always accepted me as I am and never
faltered in your love and devotion to me. I will love you to the end and
beyond, I will never forget you after you have been forced to leave me. My
love will go beyond the grave and lift you to the farthest star, my dear.

I will always remember the gift you gave me, the greatest gift imaginable,
the gift of your life, the gift of your love. I can never repay what you
have given me. I stand in awe of your devotion to such a frail and fallible
soul such as me. The times I ignored you (when someone not nearly as
deserving took my attention from you), the times I left you to fend for
yourself while I took care of more "important" business - oh how those times
now sear my soul with their loss. How I wish now I could recapture those
lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
kisses, your love.

You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.

My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

Hugs,

CatNipped

mlbriggs
June 4th 07, 09:16 PM
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:06:45 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

> [...]
> those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> your nose kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

".........Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Purrs for those who mourn. MLB

pistor
June 4th 07, 09:16 PM
On Jun 4, 3:06 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> For the last two hours of her life I held her in my arms and petted her, and
> told her all that she meant to me over the years.

And I can't think of a more beautiful way for Bandit to spend her last
few hours on this earth. Take comfort in thinking that she is now back
in full health, young and perky, like the day she made your home hers.
Quetzie and the RPCA gang at the RB will look after her for you.

Warmest regards.

Victor

Adrian A
June 4th 07, 09:18 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Lori }}}}}}}}}}}}

Even when you know it's coming it's still the hardest decision. Purrs for
you and Ben, a candle has been lit for Bandit. :-(
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Bandt
--
Adrian

Adrian A
June 4th 07, 09:19 PM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Bandt

Lorraine
June 4th 07, 09:31 PM
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:06:45 -0500, "CatNipped" >
wrote:

>Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

I'm sorry, Lori. Our condolences and purrs to the entire family.

Lorraine
... and girls

cindys
June 4th 07, 09:44 PM
I sobbed as I read your beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss. Many
purrs being sent your way.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> your nose kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

CatNipped
June 4th 07, 09:54 PM
Bandit's final resting place...

http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Bandit_Last/100_0612.jpg

The headstone reads:

"Bandit 4/8/1990 - 6/4/2007 If tears could build a stairway and memories a
lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Sorry, I don't
know who to attribute the quote to.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> your nose kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

Barry[_5_]
June 4th 07, 10:00 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in
(http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Bandit_Last/). You can see how
> weary she looked in the pictures taken today.

Sorry to hear the news. thanks for the pics.

xx

Barry

Daniel Mahoney
June 4th 07, 10:13 PM
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:06:45 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

Lori, I know that was a very hard thing for you to do, and that you and
hubby will hurt about this for a long time, but it was definitely the most
loving thing to do for Bandit.

Purrs that your pain moderates soon.

Dan

David
June 4th 07, 10:20 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

I'm very, very sorry. She was a beautiful cat! I'll ask Sam, Patches and
Panda to keep an eye out for her!

David

Irulan
June 4th 07, 10:20 PM
We have lit a candle for Bandit. Condolences
to you and your family, Lori.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

"Adrian A" > wrote in message
> http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Bandt

June 4th 07, 10:34 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you and Ben. Bandit
is
without pain now and you did a generous thing to help her not suffer
at the
end of her life. Purrs for Bandit at RB, and comforting purrs to you
and
your family for your loss.

Debbie Berry

On Jun 4, 4:06 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.
>
> She had an easy passage to the bridge, she was so weak that I think the
> intramuscular sedative was enough to send her on her way. When Dr. French
> poked her thigh with the sedative needle she gave one last cougar-like yowl
> and scared the **** out of the vet tech (Bandit's trademark, patented July
> 8, 1990). After that it took about 5 minutes for the sedative to start
> working (as I said, I think her breathing may have stopped, or slowed so
> much I couldn't see her chest rise, at that point). Then Dr. French gave
> her the medicine that released her from her pain and infirmities.

<beautiful words snipped for brevity>

> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Matthew
June 4th 07, 10:42 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bandit's final resting place...
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Bandit_Last/100_0612.jpg
>
> The headstone reads:
>
> "Bandit 4/8/1990 - 6/4/2007 If tears could build a stairway and memories
> a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Sorry, I
> don't know who to attribute the quote to.
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I am so sorry Cat

Here is the poem you are talking about I posted it last year The author is
unknown but has great potential
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes/browse_thread/thread/3f4fa431f4732721/0f2e8bfd6b4cc885?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#0f2e8bfd6b4cc885

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more:
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

> [...]
>> recapture those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time
>> together is so short now and each second with you is precious beyond
>> belief. Please make those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my
>> need for your purrs, your nose kisses, your love.
>>
>> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
>> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
>> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>>
>> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
>> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
>> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
>> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
>> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

lewe
June 4th 07, 11:12 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

so sorry about your loss, purrs for Bandit's passing and for you, missing
her
hugs
Lena
--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Enfilade
June 4th 07, 11:21 PM
Lori, you did the right thing. Bandit had so many wonderful years
with you that she would never have had as a feral. Bright Blessings
to you and yours and prayers for Bandit's crossing.

There is only one thing further I can say...

At the other end of the Rainbow Bridge, Bandit now stands in the
company of the angels and heavenly hosts, before the Holy Throne, and
as the celestial choir breaks out in song, she looks up and says:

"get the **** off my chair."

--Fil

> > My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> > wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

jmcquown
June 4th 07, 11:25 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> [...]
> you. I know that our time together is so short now and each second
> with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those moments stretch
> out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose kisses,
> your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but
> that is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent
> cuddled close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of
> what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and
> the courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your
> indomitable spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life
> brings, so please lend me your faith that life is good as it is and
> death will bring peace and a well deserved rest for a friend who is

I'm so very sorry, Lori. It was time but this is the hardest decision one
ever has to make. Purrs for your broken heart and thank you for a wonderful
tribute for your beloved Bandit.

Jill

Joy
June 4th 07, 11:38 PM
I'm both glad and sorry, as I know you are. I'm glad her going was easy,
and at her home. I'm sorry for the pain and loss I know you're feeling.

((((((((((CatNipped))))))))))

--
Joy

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> your nose kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

June 4th 07, 11:40 PM
It's beautiful!

Joy

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> recapture those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time
>> together is so short now and each second with you is precious beyond
>> belief. Please make those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my
>> need for your purrs, your nose kisses, your love.
>>
>> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
>> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
>> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>>
>> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
>> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
>> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
>> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
>> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

Ketzl's Dad
June 4th 07, 11:50 PM
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:06:45 -0400, CatNipped wrote:

> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

<big sigh>

How wonderful though, to have a Dr French who cares that much.

--
Remember: It it To Laugh

<http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b>

blkcatgal
June 4th 07, 11:54 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy.....

Sue

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> [...]
> those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> your nose kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

bookie
June 4th 07, 11:59 PM
On 4 Jun, 21:06, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> [...]
> lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
> and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
> moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
> kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
> as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
> in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
> a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

so so sad, i couldn't help but cry as I read what you have written
here, it is all so true.

she is no free from pain and up in kitty heaven, but you will still
miss her for a long time to come.

purrs and condolences from bookie, jessie and terri the timid tortie

Gandalf
June 5th 07, 12:01 AM
>On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:06:45 -0500, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

>My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
>wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

>For the last two hours of her life I held her in my arms and petted her,
>and told her all that she meant to me over the years.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm glad you got to spend some real
quality time with Bandit before giving her the final gift.

Purrs for an easy trip to the Bridge for Bandit, and for you grieving
heart.

Bandit: After a long, happy life, may your trip to the Bridge be an easy
one, and your stay there, however long it may be, seem short to you.

You'll find many RPCA friends there, including my beloved RB kitties,
Lucky and Blizzard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

CatNipped
June 5th 07, 12:04 AM
"Enfilade" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Lori, you did the right thing. Bandit had so many wonderful years
> with you that she would never have had as a feral. Bright Blessings
> to you and yours and prayers for Bandit's crossing.
>
> There is only one thing further I can say...
>
> At the other end of the Rainbow Bridge, Bandit now stands in the
> company of the angels and heavenly hosts, before the Holy Throne, and
> as the celestial choir breaks out in song, she looks up and says:
>
> "get the **** off my chair."

Oh, Fil, you made me laugh through my tears because that is, indeed, what
Bandit would say to them!

Hugs

CatNipped

> --Fil
>

>> > My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
>> > wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

NeeCee
June 5th 07, 12:06 AM
goodbye Bandit,i hope you meet my special girl,"Cricket" at the Bridge,she
was a good protector.

On 4 Jun, 21:54, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> [...]
> > those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> > short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> > those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> > your nose kisses, your love.
>
> > You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> > is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> > close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> > My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> > courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> > spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> > lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> > and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

having now looked at her last photos i have to say she was so
beautiful, and it was the best thing for her to have her last moments
with you at home and surrounded by her familiar things and her furry
friends, to arrange that is the very least we can do after the
lifetime of love that our furry companions give to us.

the close ups of her lying on her side by the bottom of the scratching
post make her look so serene, so at peace, which is how she is now
that she is over the RB

remember; you did the right thing

bookie

Jane
June 5th 07, 12:19 AM
On Jun 4, 6:21 pm, Enfilade > wrote:
> Lori, you did the right thing. Bandit had so many wonderful years
> with you that she would never have had as a feral. Bright Blessings
> to you and yours and prayers for Bandit's crossing.
>
> There is only one thing further I can say...
>
> At the other end of the Rainbow Bridge, Bandit now stands in the
> company of the angels and heavenly hosts, before the Holy Throne, and
> as the celestial choir breaks out in song, she looks up and says:
>
> "get the **** off my chair."
>
> --Fil

Oh, you made me laugh through my tears!! That's so funny.

I'm so sorry about Bandit. She was a grand old lady.

Jane

June 5th 07, 12:19 AM
On Jun 4, 3:06 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

....(snip)> CatNipped

> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Deepest condolences. We wish you peace.

Annie

bobblespin[_2_]
June 5th 07, 12:57 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in
:

> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

How my heart aches for you... wish I could say something to make you feel
better. At least you knew the time had come and didn't wonder if you were
doing the right thing.

Take care,
Bobble

badwilson
June 5th 07, 01:27 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lori. But you did the right thing and sent
her off to the RB in the kindest, gentlest possible way and you made her
final days happy ones.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

CatNipped wrote:
> [...]
> you. I know that our time together is so short now and each second
> with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those moments stretch
> out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose kisses,
> your love.
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but
> that is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent
> cuddled close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of
> what will be.
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and
> the courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your
> indomitable spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life
> brings, so please lend me your faith that life is good as it is and
> death will bring peace and a well deserved rest for a friend who is

Charlie Wilkes
June 5th 07, 01:33 AM
wrote:

>For the last two hours of her life I held her in my arms and petted her, and
>told her all that she meant to me over the years.

How sad... I'm sorry that you had to lose her, Lori, but you gave her
a good life, and that really counts for something in this world.

Charlie

Yowie
June 5th 07, 01:46 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We'll purr that Bandit has a lovely trip to RB,
and purr for your broken heart.

A candle will be lit too.

Yowie

Pat
June 5th 07, 02:11 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote

| Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

What a loving tribute, it made me cry, but softly, not busting into sobs
like when I read about Katie, because that was unexpected and this had a
warning.

I send my greatest sympathy and condolences. May your heart be at peace as
Bandit is now.

Candace
June 5th 07, 02:20 AM
On Jun 4, 1:06 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

I'm very sorry, Lori. She had a good run...even though it's never
long enough for those of us left behind but she had a good and loving
home...what more could she ask for. It's very nice, too, that your
vet will make housecalls...that is rare, at least in my experience.
My sincere condolences.

Candace

Marina
June 5th 07, 03:17 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

Our condolences for your loss.

Lilah Morgan
June 5th 07, 03:25 AM
That is a beautiful tribute to Bandit. You did the right thing, and I'm sure
she's looking down at you now and purring.

Luna's Mom[_2_]
June 5th 07, 03:28 AM
I am sure that Bandit was greeted by a large group of RPCHB kitties. I
bet Dudley was there. Now they are all together.

I'm sorry for your loss, Lori. It sucks. We still miss Dudley every
single day. But, knowing they are no longer suffering counts for a whole
lot.

xoxo,
Pam

sheelagh
June 5th 07, 03:38 AM
> [...]
> lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
> and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
> moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
> kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
> as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
> in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
> a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

Purrs of empathy & sympathy crossing the pond as I type. We all feel
for you, your family & your feline family too.. What you did was
unselfish of you, which is why all cats need their slaves. No one
likes to have to make the call, but It was one of the most unselfish
things that you have ever done. Rest easy in the knowledge that she
has been relieved of pain & waits for you on the day you meet again...
Your love was mutual & she will always carry it in her heart, the same
as you will
Sincere condolences...
S.

Winnie
June 5th 07, 04:08 AM
> [...]
> lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
> and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
> moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
> kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
> as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
> in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
> a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

I am so sorry for your loss.
It was hard for me to hold back the tears as I read your post.

Winnie

Mischief
June 5th 07, 04:18 AM
Awwww ,that is SOOOOO sweet.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Bandit was such a sweetheart.

Glad to know that she could still scare the hell out of a vet tech.

Hugs and purrs,

Kristi

Gabey8[_2_]
June 5th 07, 04:56 AM
I am so sorry. It was clear that this was imminent, and it was
certainly the right decision to make, but nothing in the world makes
this easy.

Condolences to the Crews household, humans and kitties alike.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

> [...]
> lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
> and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
> moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
> kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
> as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
> in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
> a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

Susan M
June 5th 07, 05:05 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
> My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
> wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

{{{Lori}}} We'll light a candle for dear Bandit.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Gabey8[_2_]
June 5th 07, 05:11 AM
Oh, and I nearly forgot:

On Jun 4, 4:06 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

April, 1990 was one HECK of a month for great cats to be born. Melody
and Harmony, both RB now, were born in that month. From the animal
shelter's best guess-timate of their age, Melody's birthdate was
4/1/90 and Harmony's birthdate was 4/15/90.

Also, my nephmew Lin-Toy, or "Toy" for short (who was adopted by my
friend from the same shelter)was born the day after Bandit, on 4/9/90.

Yep -- definitely that month wins a prize for marking the birth of so
many top-notch felines!

Donna and two other April 8 kitties (though their birth year is 2004):
Captain and Stanley

22brix
June 5th 07, 05:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute
to a beautiful cat. It's so hard to say goodbye.

Bonnie

Shiral
June 5th 07, 05:25 AM
> [...]
> lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so short now
> and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make those
> moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs, your nose
> kisses, your love.
>
> You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that is
> as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled close,
> in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace and
> a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever have.

A wonderful tribute, Catnipped. You did the kindest, bravest and
hardest thing for Bandit once she told you it was time to let her pass
over the Bridge.

{{{Catnipped}}}

But even when you know beyond doubt that it's time, it's still so
hard to see them go!

Melissa

-L.
June 5th 07, 08:59 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007

Awwwww! :*( She knows she was loved, Lori. That's all that matters.
You were kind to let her go in peace. I hope you can find comfort in
the sweet memories of her, soon.
hugs,
-L.

theresa
June 5th 07, 11:17 AM
On Jun 4, 6:54 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> [...]
> > those lost chances to be with you. I know that our time together is so
> > short now and each second with you is precious beyond belief. Please make
> > those moments stretch out long enough to assuage my need for your purrs,
> > your nose kisses, your love.
>
> > You no longer pounce through our home with your tail held high, but that
> > is as it should be. The time we do have left can better be spent cuddled
> > close, in peace, softly dreaming of what was and hopeful of what will be.
>
> > My dear heart, may I have the grace to appreciate what we have, and the
> > courage to face what will come. I know I can never match your indomitable
> > spirit, your dignity, and your acceptance of what life brings, so please
> > lend me your faith that life is good as it is and death will bring peace
> > and a well deserved rest for a friend who is the best friend I will ever

Lori,
I'm so sorry for Bandit's passing. She had a long life, thank you for
taking such good care of her. I'm glad the vet was able to come to
the house.

Theresa

Randy
June 5th 07, 12:59 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote:
>Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
>My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
>wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.
>

>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped
>
>See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Lori,

My deepest condolences for your loss, it's so hard to lose them. Smokey will
greet her at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm glad you had a chance to say goodbye to
her. We didn't get that opportunity with Smokey. I miss him so much.

Huggs and purrs to you and Ben.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

Karen
June 6th 07, 04:41 AM
I'm so sorry. She does look VERY tired in those pics. She had a good
long life with love. That counts. It doesn't make it easier, but it
counts.

JBHajos
June 6th 07, 12:47 PM
wrote:

>Bandit Crews - April 8, 1990 to June 4, 2007
>
>My beloved friend is gone. Dr. French came to our home so that Bandit
>wouldn't know fear as her last experience on earth.

That was a kindness she deserved - I did the same with my Speckles
who feared and hated the vet's. This is all heartwrenching for you
and we share your pain and tears. My sincerest sorrow and condolences
on your loss. Purrs for Bandit's gentle journey to the Bridge. Hugs.

Jeanne

Exocat[_2_]
June 7th 07, 08:57 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> My beloved friend is gone.

Dear CN

Immensely sad to learn this even though it wasn't unexpected. The
consolations, seemingly small at the moment but important later on, are that
you had a wonderful life together which you will always remember fondly and
that you gave her a wonderful last gift: a kind and stress-free release from
discomfort.

Others will write more fluently about everything associated with the grief
of the moment, so I'll just say that I'm amongst the many feeling empathy
with you at this distressing time. May your furry and hoomin family bring
you much comfort.

Purrs
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki
And the shades of Happy, Ruffy, Aries, Kensey and Pericles who have a new
companion now.