PDA

View Full Version : Animal lover Bob Barker retires after 6586th airing of "Price is Right."

Charlie Wilkes
June 7th 07, 04:36 AM
The longtime animal crusader opted to sign off just as he did for
years: "Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or
neutered. Goodbye, everybody."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-06-06-bob-barker-farewell_N.htm

reeper
June 7th 07, 04:52 AM
On Jun 6, 11:36 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:

>link

One of the price is right models is staying with me for a few days,
until she gets on her feet.

shebelagh
June 7th 07, 06:32 AM
On Jun 6, 11:52 pm, reeper > wrote:
> On Jun 6, 11:36 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>
> >link
>
> One of the price is right models is staying with me for a few days,
> until she gets on her feet.

it's a mannequin
you can practice for the real thing someday

reeper
June 7th 07, 10:51 AM
On Jun 7, 1:32 am, shebelagh > wrote:

> it's a mannequin
> you can practice for the real thing someday

you mean a ladyquin don't you? This ain't no dress rehearsal she's the
real thing.

do you... have you seen the price is right?

reeper
June 7th 07, 11:34 AM
On Jun 7, 5:51 am, reeper > wrote:
> On Jun 7, 1:32 am, shebelagh > wrote:
>
> > it's a mannequin
> > you can practice for the real thing someday
>
> you mean a ladyquin don't you? This ain't no dress rehearsal she's the
> real thing.
>
> do you... have you seen the price is right?

I thought it was sheelagh you moron

shebelagh
June 7th 07, 04:38 PM
On Jun 7, 6:34 am, reeper > wrote:
> On Jun 7, 5:51 am, reeper > wrote:
>
> > On Jun 7, 1:32 am, shebelagh > wrote:
>
> > > it's a mannequin
> > > you can practice for the real thing someday
>
> > you mean a ladyquin don't you? This ain't no dress rehearsal she's the
> > real thing.
>
> > do you... have you seen the price is right?
>
> I thought it was sheelagh you moron

You can't read -- and I'M the moron? Riiight...

reeper
June 7th 07, 10:11 PM
On Jun 7, 11:38 am, shebelagh > wrote:
> On Jun 7, 6:34 am, reeper > wrote:

> > > you mean a ladyquin don't you? This ain't no dress rehearsal she's the
> > > real thing.
>
> > > do you... have you seen the price is right?
>
> > I thought it was sheelagh you moron
>
> You can't read -- and I'M the moron? Riiight...

too much nyquist

today is a new day, I can go with that

Charlie is a hoot no? don't roll on me Nick, people are watching you

Cheryl
June 8th 07, 01:45 AM
On Wed 06 Jun 2007 11:36:07p, Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> The longtime animal crusader opted to sign off just as he did
> for years: "Help control the pet population. Have your pet
> spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody."
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-06-06-bob-barke
> r-farewell_N.htm

Good for him! I hope he enjoys his retirement. He helps fund a
grant program for national 501c3 shelters for spay/neuter programs.
I hope he continues this, and as passionate as he is about it, I'm
sure he'll find a way to keep it going even when he goes to the
bridge.

If your link contains the following info, I apologize for the
duplicity; I didn't follow your link.

http://www.djtfoundation.org/1.htm

--
Cheryl

Sherry
June 8th 07, 05:49 AM
On Jun 7, 7:45 pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On Wed 06 Jun 2007 11:36:07p, Charlie Wilkes wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
> > The longtime animal crusader opted to sign off just as he did
> > for years: "Help control the pet population. Have your pet
> > spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody."
>
> >http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-06-06-bob-barke
> > r-farewell_N.htm
>
> Good for him! I hope he enjoys his retirement. He helps fund a
> grant program for national 501c3 shelters for spay/neuter programs.
> I hope he continues this, and as passionate as he is about it, I'm
> sure he'll find a way to keep it going even when he goes to the
> bridge.
>
> If your link contains the following info, I apologize for the
> duplicity; I didn't follow your link.
>
> http://www.djtfoundation.org/1.htm
>
> --
> Cheryl

We got the BB grant for the past two years. Weirdly enough, only about
10% of
the funds we got could be used for cats. The majority of the grant had
go to large dogs. I suppose it's because large dogs have bigger
litters?

Sherry

sheelagh
June 9th 07, 02:25 AM
On 7 Jun, 11:34, reeper > wrote:
> On Jun 7, 5:51 am, reeper > wrote:
>
> > On Jun 7, 1:32 am, shebelagh > wrote:
>
> > > it's a mannequin
> > > you can practice for the real thing someday
>
> > you mean a ladyquin don't you? This ain't no dress rehearsal she's the
> > real thing.
>
> > do you... have you seen the price is right?
>
> I thought it was sheelagh you moron

I think not!
How could you possibly mistake me for this one?
I have better things to do with my time than post under different
persona's. I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
& trick people into thinking that I am either....

DownLoad festival in the UK this weekend. My cats have brilliant ear
plugs though, bless their little cotton filled ears>"o"<
S;o)

shebelagh
June 9th 07, 04:35 AM
On Jun 8, 9:25 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
> & trick people into thinking that I am either....

Why would anyone pretend to be a dysfunction, illiterate anorak?

shebelagh
June 9th 07, 04:38 AM
On Jun 8, 9:25 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> I have better things to do with my time than post under different
> persona's.

Yes, there is that busy schedule of taking pictures of cats and
posting to Usenet hundreds of times each month to contend with. How
ever do you manage?

> I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
> & trick people into thinking that I am either....

Who would pretend to be a dysfunctional, illiterate anorak?

reeper[_2_]
June 9th 07, 09:09 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in
> I think not!
> How could you possibly mistake me for this one?
> I have better things to do with my time than post under different
> persona's. I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
> & trick people into thinking that I am either....

no worry, everyone still loves you
we are neeeever going away

> DownLoad festival in the UK this weekend. My cats have brilliant ear
> plugs though, bless their little cotton filled ears>"o"<
> S;o)

what is download? a music group?

sheelagh
June 9th 07, 03:16 PM
On 9 Jun, 09:09, "reeper" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in
>
> > I think not!
> > How could you possibly mistake me for this one?
> > I have better things to do with my time than post under different
> > persona's. I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
> > & trick people into thinking that I am either....
>
> no worry, everyone still loves you
> we are neeeever going away
>
> > DownLoad festival in the UK this weekend. My cats have brilliant ear
> > plugs though, bless their little cotton filled ears>"o"<
> > S;o)
>
> what is download? a music group?

> no worry, everyone still loves you
> we are neeeever going away
Lol, thanks(over here there is a current trend to say rof- lols
<phoneticaly said>

> what is download? a music group?
No it is a festival.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/

There are too many bands to mention. I have given you a link for you
to see the line up this year. It's mostly heavy metal bands & it lasts
3 days. I dropped my lads off a day early because they needed to camp
near a first aid tent because one of the group of lads that I took
with them is intolerant of several types of food, so he has to pick up
prescription food on a daily basis.

They wanted to be near the main stage & see them set up for the
festival too. I think that the headline bands this year are MY
Chemical Romance on Day one, Linkin Park on day two, & Iron Maiden on
day three. There are also other stages & we have a lot of american
bands this year like, Dream Theater, Papa Roach & many other bands.

When I was their age, I used to go there too. In those days it was
only a 2 day event, but in recent years, (Someone you might know), the
Osbournes(ozzy) took it over and revamped it, but, for the first time
this year, the owner of the park and castle is running it himself
( the Marquise of somewhere- I forget..)
we had a call from this morning to say that they are fine & its well
wicked, which translates into, it's Good!!

If you like this sort of music, you can watch it on the web by pod
cast I believe..
I'm certain they are loving every moment, & so they should @ 160-$320
per ticket!!!

<lots of nostalgia going on here>
S;o)

sheelagh
June 9th 07, 03:23 PM
On 9 Jun, 09:09, "reeper" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in
>
> > I think not!
> > How could you possibly mistake me for this one?
> > I have better things to do with my time than post under different
> > persona's. I also find no need to pretend to be someone that I am not,
> > & trick people into thinking that I am either....
>
> no worry, everyone still loves you
> we are neeeever going away
>
> > DownLoad festival in the UK this weekend. My cats have brilliant ear
> > plugs though, bless their little cotton filled ears>"o"<
> > S;o)
>
> what is download? a music group?

Actually I am watching now-Bowling for soup is on;o)
S:o)