PDA

View Full Version : Rescued 8-9wk Old Kitten...HELP..

DazzyLynnLuv
June 7th 07, 07:04 PM
My husband was on his way to the VA Hospital last night and had to swerve
into ONCOMING traffic to avoid hitting this kitten...He put on his hazard
lights, got out, and chased her down...Well, she is SEVERELY malnourished,
dehydrated, and flea INFESTED...So far, I have given her a bath, combed most
of the burrs from her LONG hair, and managed to get her to drink a little
water from a medicine syringe...The only thing I can get her to eat is juice
from Friskies Shredded cat food, ALSO through the syringe...She is not
injured, but she is sore from malnutrition and weak. She is very vocal and is
purring, but I'm worried she may not survive...Any help????

Matthew
June 7th 07, 09:33 PM
If she is dehydrated you need to go to the vet to have fluids administered
NOW

Phil's site has some more info for you
http://www.maxshouse.com/kitten_care.htm#Caring%20for%20Orphan%20Kittens

"DazzyLynnLuv" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My husband was on his way to the VA Hospital last night and had to swerve
> into ONCOMING traffic to avoid hitting this kitten...He put on his hazard
> lights, got out, and chased her down...Well, she is SEVERELY malnourished,
> dehydrated, and flea INFESTED...So far, I have given her a bath, combed
> most
> of the burrs from her LONG hair, and managed to get her to drink a little
> water from a medicine syringe...The only thing I can get her to eat is
> juice
> from Friskies Shredded cat food, ALSO through the syringe...She is not
> injured, but she is sore from malnutrition and weak. She is very vocal and
> is
> purring, but I'm worried she may not survive...Any help????

oldhickory
June 7th 07, 10:25 PM
yep, to the vet. It's a critical time right now.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"DazzyLynnLuv" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My husband was on his way to the VA Hospital last night and had to swerve
> into ONCOMING traffic to avoid hitting this kitten...He put on his hazard
> lights, got out, and chased her down...Well, she is SEVERELY malnourished,
> dehydrated, and flea INFESTED...So far, I have given her a bath, combed
> most
> of the burrs from her LONG hair, and managed to get her to drink a little
> water from a medicine syringe...The only thing I can get her to eat is
> juice
> from Friskies Shredded cat food, ALSO through the syringe...She is not
> injured, but she is sore from malnutrition and weak. She is very vocal and
> is
> purring, but I'm worried she may not survive...Any help????

kraut
June 16th 07, 07:15 PM
Prayers and purrs are on the way for the baby from me and mine for a
speedy and safe recobery for the new kitty.

>yep, to the vet. It's a critical time right now.
>

>> My husband was on his way to the VA Hospital last night and had to swerve
>> into ONCOMING traffic to avoid hitting this kitten...He put on his hazard
>> lights, got out, and chased her down...Well, she is SEVERELY malnourished,
>> dehydrated, and flea INFESTED...So far, I have given her a bath, combed
>> most
>> of the burrs from her LONG hair, and managed to get her to drink a little
>> water from a medicine syringe...The only thing I can get her to eat is
>> juice
>> from Friskies Shredded cat food, ALSO through the syringe...She is not
>> injured, but she is sore from malnutrition and weak. She is very vocal and
>> is
>> purring, but I'm worried she may not survive...Any help????

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )