PDA

View Full Version : limeys ate cats -- read the terrible truth


shebelagh
June 8th 07, 06:53 AM
http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

reeper
June 9th 07, 12:14 AM
On Jun 8, 1:53 am, shebelagh > wrote:
> http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

This is not a contribution slipjack

shebelagh
June 9th 07, 01:52 AM
On Jun 8, 7:14 pm, reeper > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 1:53 am, shebelagh > wrote:
>
> >http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
>
> This is not a contribution slipjack

I didn't realize you were now the moderator.
It is on topic, is it not?

reeper
June 9th 07, 08:05 AM
On Jun 8, 8:52 pm, shebelagh > wrote:

> I didn't realize you were now the moderator.
> It is on topic, is it not?

Recipes on how to cook/prepare a cat? I can see why you have to beg
for some pussy.

reeper[_2_]
June 9th 07, 09:15 AM
you went to the shelter and got cats just to improve your ratings?


"shebelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 8, 7:14 pm, reeper > wrote:
> > On Jun 8, 1:53 am, shebelagh > wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
> >
> > This is not a contribution slipjack
>
> I didn't realize you were now the moderator.
> It is on topic, is it not?
>

shebelagh
June 9th 07, 03:48 PM
On Jun 9, 3:05 am, reeper > wrote:
> Recipes on how to cook/prepare a cat?

Historical content.

> I can see why you have to beg
> for some pussy.

You're about as right on that as you are on my name and address. Soooo
clueless.

Brian Link
June 9th 07, 10:03 PM
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:53:53 -0700, shebelagh >
wrote:

>http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

I haven't been reading the group as of late, but from the comments to
your post I assume folks have tagged you as a troll.

Nonetheless, this is an interesting topic for this newsgroup. The
quote in the article that points out the differences in practices in
different cultures is interesting -

"The Christian pities the Jew and the Mussulman [Muslim], because they
hold pork in abhorrence, and yet the Christian repulses the notion of
touching horse-flesh. The Hindoo has an equal horror of beef. Mutton
is by no means a cosmopolitan dish. ... The Russians still abstain
from pigeon ... the Italians hold the rabbit in aversion. ... The
French eat on a small scale frogs, and on a large scale snails ...
which would be rejected by the English labourer, even if starving."

I was just sitting on my front steps having a cigarette, and a cute
bunny hopped up in front of me. My first reaction was "aww, a cute
bunny", and the second was "you are food".

If other cultures prefer cat or dog flesh, then I won't scream and
holler. I enjoy beef, which an Indian would possibly object to. The
whole point, I think, is that whether you eat beef, pork, cat, dog,
rabbit, you should at least humanely slaughter the animal. Tossing a
lobster in boiling water is a different thing (they're basically
insects) than tossing a live kitten in boiling water.

Very interesting stuff. Sad, but this is the reality of living in a
world of 8 billion people.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Brian Link
June 9th 07, 10:12 PM
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:53:53 -0700, shebelagh >
wrote:

>http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

Also - I've been monitoring a feral cat colony (one of many) near our
house. I've called a local nonprofit that sends a van out to "fix and
release" cats from feral colonies.

Though cats are wonderful and rewarding companions, their life in the
wild is often really hard. My father-in-law, who doesn't particularly
like cats though he loves all animals, lives in rural Indiana. He
tries to protect his own feral colony ("barn-cats"), but the coyotes
have moved in - and to a coyote, cat is a delicacy.

I saw one of my own cats torn to pieces by a pair of roving pitbulls.
As much anguish that we have when we have to take a sick or elderly
cat for euthanasia, nature is far more cruel.

Cats are eaten by coyotes and rogue pitbulls. That they're also eaten
by homo sapiens is more of the same. Goats, pigs and cows are also
kept as pets. If someone else wants to eat them, that's fine with me,
but at least slaughter them humanely.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

reeper[_2_]
June 10th 07, 02:32 AM
damn brian, talk the mans head off one time
the hell makes you so damn special
he don't wanna read that disassembled drivel
pui, posting under the influence again are we?

reaching out to internet trolls to find some relief are we?

is alright, you are the balance to some equation somewhere

"Brian Link" > wrote in message
...
> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:53:53 -0700, shebelagh >
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
>
> I haven't been reading the group as of late, but from the comments to
> your post I assume folks have tagged you as a troll.
>
> Nonetheless, this is an interesting topic for this newsgroup. The
> quote in the article that points out the differences in practices in
> different cultures is interesting -
>
> "The Christian pities the Jew and the Mussulman [Muslim], because they
> hold pork in abhorrence, and yet the Christian repulses the notion of
> touching horse-flesh. The Hindoo has an equal horror of beef. Mutton
> is by no means a cosmopolitan dish. ... The Russians still abstain
> from pigeon ... the Italians hold the rabbit in aversion. ... The
> French eat on a small scale frogs, and on a large scale snails ...
> which would be rejected by the English labourer, even if starving."
>
> I was just sitting on my front steps having a cigarette, and a cute
> bunny hopped up in front of me. My first reaction was "aww, a cute
> bunny", and the second was "you are food".
>
> If other cultures prefer cat or dog flesh, then I won't scream and
> holler. I enjoy beef, which an Indian would possibly object to. The
> whole point, I think, is that whether you eat beef, pork, cat, dog,
> rabbit, you should at least humanely slaughter the animal. Tossing a
> lobster in boiling water is a different thing (they're basically
> insects) than tossing a live kitten in boiling water.
>
> Very interesting stuff. Sad, but this is the reality of living in a
> world of 8 billion people.
>
> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Brian Link
June 12th 07, 12:37 AM
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 21:32:08 -0400, "reeper" >
wrote:

>damn brian, talk the mans head off one time
>the hell makes you so damn special
>he don't wanna read that disassembled drivel
>pui, posting under the influence again are we?
>
>reaching out to internet trolls to find some relief are we?
>
>is alright, you are the balance to some equation somewhere
>
>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
...
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:53:53 -0700, shebelagh >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
>>
>> I haven't been reading the group as of late, but from the comments to
>> your post I assume folks have tagged you as a troll.
>>
>> Nonetheless, this is an interesting topic for this newsgroup. The
>> quote in the article that points out the differences in practices in
>> different cultures is interesting -
>>
>> "The Christian pities the Jew and the Mussulman [Muslim], because they
>> hold pork in abhorrence, and yet the Christian repulses the notion of
>> touching horse-flesh. The Hindoo has an equal horror of beef. Mutton
>> is by no means a cosmopolitan dish. ... The Russians still abstain
>> from pigeon ... the Italians hold the rabbit in aversion. ... The
>> French eat on a small scale frogs, and on a large scale snails ...
>> which would be rejected by the English labourer, even if starving."
>>
>> I was just sitting on my front steps having a cigarette, and a cute
>> bunny hopped up in front of me. My first reaction was "aww, a cute
>> bunny", and the second was "you are food".
>>
>> If other cultures prefer cat or dog flesh, then I won't scream and
>> holler. I enjoy beef, which an Indian would possibly object to. The
>> whole point, I think, is that whether you eat beef, pork, cat, dog,
>> rabbit, you should at least humanely slaughter the animal. Tossing a
>> lobster in boiling water is a different thing (they're basically
>> insects) than tossing a live kitten in boiling water.
>>
>> Very interesting stuff. Sad, but this is the reality of living in a
>> world of 8 billion people.
>>
>> BLink
>> --------------------------
>> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
>

I've found that posting after a few cocktails makes one's language
unintelligible.

Sure, he/she's a troll. But this is a legitimate topic to discuss. We
have kitties in our house - the hindis have cows walking through their
houses. At some point we need to recognize that humans are omnivores -
no value judgement there, that's just what evolution has given us. And
if we eat meat - what meat? That's a good question.

Tuna seem pretty insensate to me. But I'm sure there's someone who
feels that tuna are noble fish with hopes and dreams - and we
shouldn't dispatch them for a tasty snack.

It's a debate animal-lovers should have. If you eat flesh, it means
something dies. Because we're cat-lovers, does that mean we are
morally bound to be vegetarians?

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Lilah Morgan
June 12th 07, 06:31 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
...

> It's a debate animal-lovers should have. If you eat flesh, it means
> something dies. Because we're cat-lovers, does that mean we are
> morally bound to be vegetarians?

Plants die too if you eat them. There's no moral high ground when it comes
to what you eat(to me at least). No matter your dietary choices, you're
killing a living organism so you will survive. It's the way of
things...there cannot be life without death. I have no problem with eating
meat. If I had the time, I'd probably hunt/fish in addition to growing what
I can on my property. But my views on hunting are that A: you should only
hunt what you need, don't overkill because others need to eat as well, plus
you're screwing up the balance of life in that area if you hunt too much,
and B: use the WHOLE animal, not just the meat. The hide, bones/antlers,
etc, can be used for various things. I believe that as an animal lover,
when/if I kill an animal for food(I say if because my mother refuses to let
me kill any of our chickens for meat, and I won't kill the bunnies because
bunnies are sacred to me, and the geese are too cute), I should make it a
quick and painless as possible death, and not waste the gift that animal
gave to me by not using all of it. I live because the animal doesn't.