PDA

View Full Version : introducing our cat to a new dog

June 8th 07, 05:10 PM
Hi All,

We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
transition easier for our 4 year old cat?

TIA,

myk

Mark T.B. Carroll
June 8th 07, 06:16 PM
writes:

> We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
> transition easier for our 4 year old cat?

First, make sure they have 'escape' places around where they can be
well out of the dog's reach, but can see what it's up to.

Can you arrange a litterbox so that the cat can get to it and use
it without being bothered by the dog?

Once they get used to it things will probably go okay IMLE.

Good luck!

-- Mark

Jeffrey Kaplan
June 8th 07, 10:22 PM
It is alleged that claimed:

> We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
> transition easier for our 4 year old cat?

Depends on the cat. My brother and sister-in-law have a cat, the cat's
been in that household longer than my brother. A year ago, they got a
yellow lab puppy. I haven't seen the cat since, but I know she's in
there somewhere.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"If I am ever the Hero top 100 list: #99. I will ascertain the
whereabouts of all relatives and possible progeny from past love
affairs. It's a sure bet that the ones for whom I cannot account are
now working for, or actually might be, the Evil Overlord.