PDA

View Full Version : introducing our cat to a new dog

June 8th 07, 05:12 PM
Hi All,

We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
transition easier for our 4 year old cat?

TIA,

myk

Lynne
June 8th 07, 05:42 PM
on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:12:54 GMT, wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
> transition easier for our 4 year old cat?
>
> TIA,
>
> myk

Train the puppy

--
Lynne

oldhickory
June 8th 07, 05:58 PM
feliway

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:12:54 GMT, wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
>> transition easier for our 4 year old cat?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> myk
>
> Train the puppy
>

> --
> Lynne

Lis
June 11th 07, 10:25 PM
On Jun 8, 12:12 pm, wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're getting a puppy - any suggestions on what we can do to make this
> transition easier for our 4 year old cat?
>
> TIA,
>
> myk

In addition to "train the puppy", and Feliway, make sure the cat has a
place to go that the dog can't. A proper. sturdy, safely designed baby
gate is your friend. And, especially, your cat's friend. And in the
long run, your new pup's friend.

Lis