PDA

View Full Version : This should probably be discouraged ...


Dave Whiley
June 8th 07, 06:45 PM
.... but I really didn't have the heart for it!

http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps


--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

bookie
June 8th 07, 06:57 PM
On 8 Jun, 18:45, "Dave Whiley" <[email protected]
whiley.WOSSNAMEfreeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>
> --
> Dave
>
> not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

awwwww bless her little heart

Matthew
June 8th 07, 07:04 PM
"Dave Whiley" > wrote in message
...
> ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>
>
> --
> Dave
>
> not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname
>
Why Dave I leave my tap dripping for the furballs as long as there is no
dishes in the sink. In there room I have a large basin flat sink that has
two faucets that drip water down in to bowls they love it

Beautiful little master

Dave Whiley
June 8th 07, 08:55 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
...

> Why Dave

Well, it does make filling a saucepan difficult when you have to use one
hand to turn on the water, the second to hold the pan, and the third (see
the problem?) to stop *somebody* from shoving her face inside.

> I leave my tap dripping for the furballs as long as there is no dishes in
> the sink. In there room I have a large basin flat sink that has two
> faucets that drip water down in to bowls they love it

This one (Fliss) loves the water. The other (Smokey) isn't really that
bothered. He works hard to convey an air of cool detachment, and messing
around with water would be beneath his dignity.


--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Spot
June 8th 07, 09:05 PM
I had a cat years ago who insisted that I put fresh water in the sink for
him every morning when I was done getting ready. He had other bowls to
drink from but loved fresh tap water in the morning.

You might want to get him one of those drinking water fountains for cats.
It circulates fresh water and I believe you can even get them with filters.

Celeste



"Dave Whiley" > wrote in message
...
> ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>
>
> --
> Dave
>
> not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname
>

T
June 8th 07, 11:13 PM
In article >, [email protected]
whiley.WOSSNAMEfreeserve.co.uk says...
> ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>
>
>

My now departed Randy used to love running water. He too would drink
from the tap if allowed. His favorite activity was waiting for me to
take a shower.

He'd wait until I shut the shower off and had the faucet running. I'd
turn it to cold water and let it drip and he'd lap it up, getting soaked
in the process.


Then after a few months of this he became a fearless cat. He'd actually
get in the shower with me. He had his own towel so I could dry him off.
People say cats hate water but they don't.

T
June 8th 07, 11:14 PM
In article >,
says...
>
> "Dave Whiley" > wrote in message
> ...
> > ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dave
> >
> > not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname
> >
> Why Dave I leave my tap dripping for the furballs as long as there is no
> dishes in the sink. In there room I have a large basin flat sink that has
> two faucets that drip water down in to bowls they love it
>
> Beautiful little master
>
>
>

Around here they get you coming and going. You pay for the water out of
the tap and you pay for it going down the drain.

Matthew
June 8th 07, 11:33 PM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >, [email protected]
> whiley.WOSSNAMEfreeserve.co.uk says...
>> ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>>
>>
>>
>
> My now departed Randy used to love running water. He too would drink
> from the tap if allowed. His favorite activity was waiting for me to
> take a shower.
>
> He'd wait until I shut the shower off and had the faucet running. I'd
> turn it to cold water and let it drip and he'd lap it up, getting soaked
> in the process.
>
>
> Then after a few months of this he became a fearless cat. He'd actually
> get in the shower with me. He had his own towel so I could dry him off.
> People say cats hate water but they don't.
>

I hear that my pack have to get into the shower room when I am taking one
they pull the shower door open and come charging in. Now they have done
this over a couple dozen times well when they come in and realize that
death from above coming down they go charging out soaked only to sit in the
other room drying off glaring at me when I come out of the shower laughing
at their antics which they will do again if I don't secure the bathroom
door correctly

Cheryl
June 9th 07, 01:25 AM
On Fri 08 Jun 2007 06:13:33p, T wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> People say cats hate water but they don't.

Cute story! My Scarlett is my water cat. She, like most cats, is a
creature of habit. Every time I use the bathroom she jumps up to the
sink to watch the running water when I wash my hands. She also plays
in all of the water dishes which is why I have to have 4 of them
around the house so that there's always water. They're Scarlett-feet
flavored. They're also all on plastic mats to protect the floor. Um,
yeah, right they're protected. ;)

--
Cheryl

sheelagh
June 9th 07, 01:52 AM
On 8 Jun, 18:57, bookie > wrote:
> On 8 Jun, 18:45, "Dave Whiley" <[email protected]
>
> whiley.WOSSNAMEfreeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > ... but I really didn't have the heart for it!
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/djw_photo_42/taps
>
> > --
> > Dave
>
> > not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname
>
> awwwww bless her little heart

Cute and natural. Cats love running cold fresh water..
I know that my lot certainly do..
S;o)

Patty
June 9th 07, 03:47 PM
On 9 Jun 2007 00:25:29 GMT, Cheryl wrote:

> On Fri 08 Jun 2007 06:13:33p, T wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> People say cats hate water but they don't.
>
> Cute story! My Scarlett is my water cat. She, like most cats, is a
> creature of habit. Every time I use the bathroom she jumps up to the
> sink to watch the running water when I wash my hands. She also plays
> in all of the water dishes which is why I have to have 4 of them
> around the house so that there's always water. They're Scarlett-feet
> flavored. They're also all on plastic mats to protect the floor. Um,
> yeah, right they're protected. ;)

My Grady was my water cat. He LOVED water in any container. We even had
to keep the toilet seat closed all the time, not that he would drink the
water, but that he would splash and play in it. If someone left the lid
up, you'd go into the bathroom and there'd be water all over the place
(toilet, floor, walls, etc.) He always played in the water dish too.

Rusty, on the other hand, has little interest in water except to drink it
when he's thirsty.

Patty