PDA

View Full Version : Frontline type products

James
June 9th 07, 03:48 PM
I read in another thread that cats don't like having it applied to
them. Are there anti flea and tick products that doesn't bother the
cat?

sheelagh
June 9th 07, 04:59 PM
On 9 Jun, 15:48, James > wrote:
> I read in another thread that cats don't like having it applied to
> them. Are there anti flea and tick products that doesn't bother the
> cat?

Actually, I have always used the pipettes that you place between their
shoulders, so by the time they realise that it's on them, it's a bit
too late to be ticked off about it...Have you tried them?

Or possibly Advantage or Stronghold. I am "Not" sure about this, but I
think that takes care of some worms too..
I'm sure that someone will put me right if this is incorrect
S;o)

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
June 9th 07, 08:20 PM
James wrote:
>I read in another thread that cats don't like having it applied to
>them. Are there anti flea and tick products that doesn't bother the
>cat?

Program is a suspension which can be given in food. It is an insect
development inhibitor but not an adulticide. It stops the cycle of
reproduction however. Could consider Program plus a flea comb if your cat
will tolerate it.

http://www.fabcats.org/fleacontrol.html

Note that, if you use Program, there is no need to spray the house (unless
you have an existing infestation).

Lynne
June 11th 07, 05:40 PM
on Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:48:15 GMT, James > wrote:

> I read in another thread that cats don't like having it applied to
> them. Are there anti flea and tick products that doesn't bother the
> cat?

I think Frontline is safer for cats (and dogs) because it's not absorbed
into their bloodstream. I don't feel good about those products which are.

As was already stated, once the cats realize it's there, I'm done, and they
deal with it just fine.

--
Lynne