PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good litter

cybercat
June 11th 07, 07:23 PM
I noticed that no matter what scoopable litter I buy, there is always a
cloud of dust, even with the unscented.

I don't want to breathe that crap and I don't want my cat breathing it,
either.

So I tried Target's house brand, and was surprised to find that it has less
dust than any scoopable clay litter I have ever tried.

It is lightly scented, I didn't see any unscented. But the scent is not
cloying, and it clumps well. All that for $3.63 plus tax for 14 lbs.

I like it, and thought I would pass it on.

Sherry
June 11th 07, 07:27 PM
On Jun 11, 1:23 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> I noticed that no matter what scoopable litter I buy, there is always a
> cloud of dust, even with the unscented.
>
> I don't want to breathe that crap and I don't want my cat breathing it,
> either.
>
> So I tried Target's house brand, and was surprised to find that it has less
> dust than any scoopable clay litter I have ever tried.
>
> It is lightly scented, I didn't see any unscented. But the scent is not
> cloying, and it clumps well. All that for $3.63 plus tax for 14 lbs.
>
> I like it, and thought I would pass it on.

Thanks. I'll try it. I don't like the dust, either; but even with Tidy
Cat there's dust. And it's
twice the price of Target's brand.
They thought the "crystals" were just plain weird, and frankly, so did
I. So since then
I've not bought anything outside the perimeter of scoopable *clay*
litter. Everyone uses
the box faithfully and I don't want to mess with a good thing.
I don't think they have any brand-loyalty toward Tidy Cat, but I'll
ask.

Sherry

cybercat
June 11th 07, 07:40 PM
"Sherry" > wrote

> Thanks. I'll try it. I don't like the dust, either; but even with Tidy
> Cat there's dust. And it's
> twice the price of Target's brand.

Hi ya, Sherry! I thought Tidy Cat clumped well, but it is dusty and
P-U, it is so heavily scented. Same with Scoop Away. And yes,
they are so high. Just like with human toilet paper, now "on sale"
at 50 cents a roll, I find myself thinking, "have these people forgotten
what this stuff is FOR?"

> They thought the "crystals" were just plain weird, and frankly, so did
> I.

My husband uses these for our other cat, Boo. (He gets to clean
her box, might as well do something useful around the house, damn it.)
I think they just look really toxic.

So since then
> I've not bought anything outside the perimeter of scoopable *clay*
> litter. Everyone uses
> the box faithfully and I don't want to mess with a good thing.
> I don't think they have any brand-loyalty toward Tidy Cat, but I'll
> ask.

Hahaha! I can see you now. Looking at those serious little cat faces.
"I guess you're wondering why I called you all here." :) BTW, how
old is Biscuit now?

Sherry
June 12th 07, 04:58 AM
On Jun 11, 1:40 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote
>

> > Thanks. I'll try it. I don't like the dust, either; but even with Tidy
> > Cat there's dust. And it's
> > twice the price of Target's brand.
>
> Hi ya, Sherry! I thought Tidy Cat clumped well, but it is dusty and
> P-U, it is so heavily scented. Same with Scoop Away. And yes,
> they are so high. Just like with human toilet paper, now "on sale"
> at 50 cents a roll, I find myself thinking, "have these people forgotten
> what this stuff is FOR?"
>
> > They thought the "crystals" were just plain weird, and frankly, so did
> > I.
>
> My husband uses these for our other cat, Boo. (He gets to clean
> her box, might as well do something useful around the house, damn it.)
> I think they just look really toxic.
>
> So since then
>
> > I've not bought anything outside the perimeter of scoopable *clay*
> > litter. Everyone uses
> > the box faithfully and I don't want to mess with a good thing.
> > I don't think they have any brand-loyalty toward Tidy Cat, but I'll
> > ask.
>
> Hahaha! I can see you now. Looking at those serious little cat faces.
> "I guess you're wondering why I called you all here." :) BTW, how
> old is Biscuit now?

Oh gosh, guessing she was less than 2 when we got her, she'd be at
least 5 now. And she's
the baby. They're all getting up there in age. They're 14, 10, 9. I
dread the age-related
health issues.

Sherry