PDA

View Full Version : cat peeing outside the litter box - solution

-L.
June 13th 07, 03:56 AM
My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Matthew
June 13th 07, 04:02 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
> on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
> times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
> outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
> like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
> replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
> switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
> peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
> extra-high sides.
>
> -L.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

cybercat
June 13th 07, 05:23 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
>> on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
>> times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
>> outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
>> like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
>> replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
>> switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
>> peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
>> extra-high sides.
>>
>> -L.
>>

> Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

You meant "the simplest solution is the best solution," right?

The simplest is always the easiest.

Matthew
June 13th 07, 08:54 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "-L." > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
>>> on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
>>> times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
>>> outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
>>> like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
>>> replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
>>> switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
>>> peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
>>> extra-high sides.
>>>
>>> -L.
>>>

>> Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution
>
> You meant "the simplest solution is the best solution," right?
>
> The simplest is always the easiest.

Sorry old man moment

cybercat
June 13th 07, 09:11 PM
"Matthew" > wrote

> Sorry old man moment

I was just pickin'.

:D

-L.
June 14th 07, 02:44 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote
> >
> > Sorry old man moment
> >>

> I was just pickin'.
>
> :D

Pickin' and grinnin'...

-L.

-L.
June 14th 07, 02:45 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
> > on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
> > times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
> > outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
> > like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
> > replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
> > switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
> > peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
> > extra-high sides.
> >
> > -L.
> >

> Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

Yep. Gotta try low-tech first. :)

-L.