PDA

View Full Version : Cold feet

James
June 13th 07, 11:29 PM
Anyone have a cat that would warm your feet by sleeping on them? My
pussy sleeps with me but she either sleeps besides or between my leg.
Rarely does she rest on top of me. Lucky because even 5 pounds would
be uncomfortable on me.

honeybunch
June 13th 07, 11:58 PM
I wonder what cats do in the wild. Do they sleep together? Why does
the cat sleep right next to me? Cats do sleep on people and I can
remember my grandmother telling me tall tales of how cats can kill
babies by sleeping on top of them. A funny thing was sleeping in my
in-laws bed once when they took a trip and we cat sat for them. Well
their enormous fat cat wanted to sleep on top of me and got indignant
when I shoved him off. I thought it was funny imagining my dour
father-in-law with a fat grumpy cat sleeping on him.

On Jun 13, 6:29 pm, James > wrote:
> Anyone have a cat that would warm your feet by sleeping on them? My
> pussy sleeps with me but she either sleeps besides or between my leg.
> Rarely does she rest on top of me. Lucky because even 5 pounds would
> be uncomfortable on me.

trailertrash
June 14th 07, 12:09 AM
"James" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Anyone have a cat that would warm your feet by sleeping on them? My
> pussy sleeps with me but she either sleeps besides or between my leg.
> Rarely does she rest on top of me. Lucky because even 5 pounds would
> be uncomfortable on me.

mine hover over the bed about 2 - 3 feet, they lull around there through the
night.

oldhickory
June 14th 07, 05:47 AM
My 6 lb Siamese used to sleep on me every night. She slept on my chest when
I was laying on my back :

http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/sleepies.jpg

and when I rolled over she'd stand up and walk on me like a lumberjack on a
rolling log, and lay back down on my bum when I got to my tummy:

http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/lilsleeponie.jpg

If I stopped on my side, she slept on my hip. Can't find that picture....

Of the three we have now, only one sleeps on the bed, rarely, sometimes
between our feet, never closer, and the other two only sleep on their
baskets on the headboard.

One of my husband's cats didn't like me when I first moved in. He kept his
distance, but after a couple of years, suddenly he wanted to sleep on me
every night. He did so, on my chest, for two weeks. I was thrilled that he
finally got over the jealousy. Two weeks after he started sleeping on me we
came home and found him passed away on his favorite pillow. I was glad we
finally made friends. I guess he knew.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"trailertrash" > wrote in message

> "James" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Anyone have a cat that would warm your feet by sleeping on them? My
>> pussy sleeps with me but she either sleeps besides or between my leg.
>> Rarely does she rest on top of me. Lucky because even 5 pounds would
>> be uncomfortable on me.
>
> mine hover over the bed about 2 - 3 feet, they lull around there through
> the
> night.

cybercat
June 14th 07, 07:25 PM
"oldhickory" > wrote in message
> My 6 lb Siamese used to sleep on me every night. She slept on my chest
> when I was laying on my back :
>
> http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/sleepies.jpg
>
> and when I rolled over she'd stand up and walk on me like a lumberjack on
> a rolling log, and lay back down on my bum when I got to my tummy:
>
> http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/lilsleeponie.jpg

This is love. :) My Gracie does this. Or lies above my head on my pillow.

Lynne
June 15th 07, 02:02 AM
on Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:25:41 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "oldhickory" > wrote in message
>> My 6 lb Siamese used to sleep on me every night. She slept on my
>> chest when I was laying on my back :
>>
>> http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/sleepies.jpg
>>
>> and when I rolled over she'd stand up and walk on me like a
>> lumberjack on a rolling log, and lay back down on my bum when I got
>> to my tummy:
>>
>> http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/twinkle/lilsleeponie.jpg
>>

> This is love. :) My Gracie does this. Or lies above my head on my
> pillow.

Sounds just like Levi! Rudy used to sleep on the pillow next to my head
until the dog decided she liked that spot...

--
Lynne