PDA

View Full Version : Yet another litterbox Issue

June 15th 07, 11:00 PM
My 2 babies are using their litterboxes to urinate but everything else
they are doing on the floor of a utility closet.

I am looking for suggestions as to what to do. I am puzzled because
they will use the boxes for one thing but not another.

Gail
June 15th 07, 11:20 PM
1. You should have three boxes for two cats.
2. Have they been checked by a vet to rule out medical problems?
3. Have you thoroughly cleaned the spot in the closet so they are not drawn
back to the spot?
4. use unscented, clumping litter with no hoods on the boxes.
5. Try placing a third box in the closet. See if they will use that. In time
you can slowly move it to another spot.
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> My 2 babies are using their litterboxes to urinate but everything else
> they are doing on the floor of a utility closet.
>
> I am looking for suggestions as to what to do. I am puzzled because
> they will use the boxes for one thing but not another.

MaryL
June 16th 07, 12:52 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> My 2 babies are using their litterboxes to urinate but everything else
> they are doing on the floor of a utility closet.
>
> I am looking for suggestions as to what to do. I am puzzled because
> they will use the boxes for one thing but not another.

This may be too simplistic, but have you tried placing a litterbox in the
utility closet (and leave the others where they are)? That would be an easy
solution, if it works.

MaryL

PLS
June 16th 07, 06:18 PM
Some cats do not like to urinatet and defectate in the same box. Have
you tried setting up another box for them?

On Jun 15, 3:00 pm, " >
wrote:
> My 2 babies are using their litterboxes to urinate but everything else
> they are doing on the floor of a utility closet.
>
> I am looking for suggestions as to what to do. I am puzzled because
> they will use the boxes for one thing but not another.

oldhickory
June 17th 07, 06:25 AM
I guess we're lucky. We have one box for three cats. We switched to feline
pine (it rocks and when used properly is WAY less expensive and WAY less
stinky than anything elese on the market) last year on the advice of a
friend who does rescue work (and has about 20 cats around at a time). We
scoop the poop at least a couple of times a day--we try to scoop after each
one uses it, if we're around.

The only problem we've had is some overly exhuberant "kicking" by the
youngest, kicking a lot of litter out and a couple of times one of the girls
dragged some thing from the laundry room into the box to help "bury" her
"business". A couple of times each: rug, socks, and once a shirt.
Ewww.....

For the most part, except for occasional "stinkers", our litter life is
fairly uneventful.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.