PDA

View Full Version : Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?

June 16th 07, 06:14 PM
http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/54236/

onyxgaia
June 20th 07, 04:16 PM
On Jun 16, 1:14 pm, "
> wrote:
> http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/54236/

Conspiracy theories abound, but I don't think a group of people sit
around a table and wonder about how to go about killing pets.
However, the corporate wheel is oiled by profit. If making profit
means neglecting testing, then so be it. If it means including a
chemical that may not be so wonderful for our pets, but it makes the
food look good and more people will buy it, so be it.

We have to be cognizant that it's all about money.

In terms of food safety, the same laws that apply to human food apply
to pet food as well. Do your best to buy wholesome organic foods and
if you can cook it yourself, by all means do so.

This website has 245 homemade recipes: http://pets.onyxopinions.com/dogfood.html.