PDA

View Full Version : Frontline better than Sergeants?

David Mooney
June 17th 07, 11:41 PM
I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like to
know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.

Thanks,
David Lee

P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.

Sherry
June 18th 07, 03:38 AM
On Jun 17, 5:41 pm, "David Mooney" > wrote:
> I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like to
> know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>
> Thanks,
> David Lee
>
> P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.

Just M.O., but no, it's not even comparable to Frontline. It's an
entirely different product, using
an entirely different chemical. Some Sergeant's cat products used to
be on the list of products
containing organophosphates, which are deadly to some cats. (I'm not
sure if the formula
is the same as then) Most over-the-counter products (Hartz, Sergeants)
are quite toxic, and not nearly as safe as Frontline.

Matthew
June 18th 07, 03:45 AM
"David Mooney" > wrote in message
. ..
>I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like
>to know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>
> Thanks,
> David Lee
>
> P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/hartzq_a.htm
http://www.hartzvictims.org/
http://www.hartzvictims.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=555

MaryL
June 18th 07, 05:43 AM
"David Mooney" > wrote in message
. ..
>I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like
>to know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>
> Thanks,
> David Lee
>
> P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.

No, it's not as effective or as safe. Stick with Advantage or Frontline.

MaryL

-L.
June 18th 07, 10:04 AM
David Mooney wrote:
> I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like to
> know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>
> Thanks,
> David Lee
>
> P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.

I hope you are not serious. Do NOT ever use Capstar on cats.
Sergeant's is toxic crap - buy some Advantage or Frontline.

-L.

David Mooney
June 18th 07, 12:47 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> David Mooney wrote:
>> I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like
>> know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David Lee
>>
>> P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.
>
> I hope you are not serious. Do NOT ever use Capstar on cats.
> Sergeant's is toxic crap - buy some Advantage or Frontline.
>
> -L.
David lee:
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

sheelagh
June 18th 07, 12:48 PM
On 18 Jun, 10:04, "-L." > wrote:
> David Mooney wrote:
> > I still have some left over Sergeants anti-flea products and I would like to
> > know if it is as sufficent defense as Frontline.
>
> > Thanks,
> > David Lee
>
> > P.S. I also use CAPSTAR.
>
> I hope you are not serious. Do NOT ever use Capstar on cats.
> Sergeant's is toxic crap - buy some Advantage or Frontline.
>
> -L.

Stick to Advantage & Frontline

Better the devil you know.
S;o)