PDA

View Full Version : SICK and TIRED of people dumping their animals......

June 19th 07, 02:19 PM
I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
tired of this kind of thing.

cybercat
June 19th 07, 08:34 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
> for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
> animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
> tired of this kind of thing.

I don't blame you. It is sickening. Just look at what people do to other
PEOPLE, and it is not so surprising what they do to little creatures.

June 20th 07, 01:38 AM
In article om>,
says...
> I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
> for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
> animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
> tired of this kind of thing.

There's a special place in hell for people who simply abandon a family
pet.

bookie
June 20th 07, 02:10 AM
On 20 Jun, 01:38, T > wrote:
> In article om>,
> says...
>

> > I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> > just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> > our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> > the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> > he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> > homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> > didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> > I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> > These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> > cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
> > for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
> > animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
> > tired of this kind of thing.
>
> There's a special place in hell for people who simply abandon a family
> pet.- Hide quoted text -

i truly hope so, and i hope they have to suffer an eternity of pain
and torment for what they have done in abandoning a poor defencless
little creature who most likely gave them nothing but love and loyalty
and undying devotion throughout their tiny life which was then thrown
back in their face because they got too old/big/sick/didn't match the
new curtains. Utterly horrendous the way humans abandon these animals
who depend on us for their welfare, who we have brought up to depend
on us and live in our world to our rules, these poor littl;e mites who
probably trusted their 'mums and dads' to look after them, who then
let them down.

god it makes so angry
i now have to go downstairs and cuddle my naughty tortie who is asleep
in her bed on the sofa (she like her bed to be on the sofa, dunno why,
just does) and just that happened to her; old owners left her behind
to fend for herself when they moved house, thoroughly despicable, and
she is the most gentle and timid little smudgy chocolate angel in the
world. They didn;t deserve her, They left her behind in january to
cope outside inthe cold and rain, and she deserves much better cos she
is my little chocolate princess and she si never going to go through
that again.

grrrrrr bookie

Lilah Morgan
June 20th 07, 03:01 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> god it makes so angry
> i now have to go downstairs and cuddle my naughty tortie who is asleep
> in her bed on the sofa (she like her bed to be on the sofa, dunno why,
> just does) and just that happened to her; old owners left her behind
> to fend for herself when they moved house, thoroughly despicable, and
> she is the most gentle and timid little smudgy chocolate angel in the
> world. They didn;t deserve her, They left her behind in january to
> cope outside inthe cold and rain, and she deserves much better cos she
> is my little chocolate princess and she si never going to go through
> that again.

That's how we got Shadowbear(our oldest dog, she's 3-4years). Our former
neighbors(the ones I mentioned with the too chatty kids in the Help my cat
is a serial killer thread) a few days 'fore Christmas 2003 were coming home,
and going over the railroad tracks they spotted something, and it was a
widdle puppy, and it had been snowing/raining and such, and she was all cold
and wet, and so they took her home. She wasn't there when they went past the
tracks the first time(they just went to check the mail), so most likely she
was just dumped. They were going to put her in with their dogs and take her
to the shelter on Monday(this happened on a Saturday), so the older kid
asked for my help to put her in the dog run(wanted me to hold the pup while
he opened the gate so the dogs wouldn't get out, but their dogs to put it
mildly didn't take to her, they acted like they would tear her apart(and
still acted that way years later), and the pup when I put her down didn't
leave my feet, and when I picked her back up after their dogs got all ****y,
she just clung to me, so they asked if I would keep her for the weekend, and
I agreed. 3 and a half years later...well it's been a pretty damned long
weekend haha. I named her Shadowbear because A: she wouldn't go more than 2
feet from me for the longest time(even into the bathroom), hence the Shadow
part of her name, and B: she's full grown now, and her paws are the same
size now as when we got her, so we thought based on how big they were given
the rest of her size, she was gonna be huge, which the Bear part of her name
came from. And she's a great doggie. She's not only very pretty, but very
well trained(finally) and friendly.

bookie
June 20th 07, 06:05 PM
On 20 Jun, 03:01, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > god it makes so angry
> > i now have to go downstairs and cuddle my naughty tortie who is asleep
> > in her bed on the sofa (she like her bed to be on the sofa, dunno why,
> > just does) and just that happened to her; old owners left her behind
> > to fend for herself when they moved house, thoroughly despicable, and
> > she is the most gentle and timid little smudgy chocolate angel in the
> > world. They didn;t deserve her, They left her behind in january to
> > cope outside inthe cold and rain, and she deserves much better cos she
> > is my little chocolate princess and she si never going to go through
> > that again.
>
> That's how we got Shadowbear(our oldest dog, she's 3-4years). Our former
> neighbors(the ones I mentioned with the too chatty kids in the Help my cat
> is a serial killer thread) a few days 'fore Christmas 2003 were coming home,
> and going over the railroad tracks they spotted something, and it was a
> widdle puppy, and it had been snowing/raining and such, and she was all cold
> and wet, and so they took her home. She wasn't there when they went past the
> tracks the first time(they just went to check the mail), so most likely she
> was just dumped. They were going to put her in with their dogs and take her
> to the shelter on Monday(this happened on a Saturday), so the older kid
> asked for my help to put her in the dog run(wanted me to hold the pup while
> he opened the gate so the dogs wouldn't get out, but their dogs to put it
> mildly didn't take to her, they acted like they would tear her apart(and
> still acted that way years later), and the pup when I put her down didn't
> leave my feet, and when I picked her back up after their dogs got all ****y,
> she just clung to me, so they asked if I would keep her for the weekend, and
> I agreed. 3 and a half years later...well it's been a pretty damned long
> weekend haha. I named her Shadowbear because A: she wouldn't go more than 2
> feet from me for the longest time(even into the bathroom), hence the Shadow
> part of her name, and B: she's full grown now, and her paws are the same
> size now as when we got her, so we thought based on how big they were given
> the rest of her size, she was gonna be huge, which the Bear part of her name
> came from. And she's a great doggie. She's not only very pretty, but very
> well trained(finally) and friendly.

yes terri the tortie was only supposed to be with us for a few weeks
until the previous owners came to their sense and returned my calls
and came to get her, but they didn't (I wouldnt give her back anyway,
they don't know how to treat an animal). then I though i woudl try and
find her a new home and that has kind of stalled really.
i couldn;t put her into a shelter as she is so scaredy and timid that
it woudl destroy her and as she is not very friendly to strangers she
may not be picked by prospective pwners as she will not 'sell herself'
very well being all timid and shy, so she is here for the foreseeable
furture. She seems very happy with it all and has her bed and her
little hideaway corners to snooze in and her bush to sit under in the
garden so i don't wnat to go upsetting her with more upheaval.

any pictures of shadowbear?
bookie

Lilah Morgan
June 20th 07, 07:17 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> yes terri the tortie was only supposed to be with us for a few weeks
> until the previous owners came to their sense and returned my calls
> and came to get her, but they didn't (I wouldnt give her back anyway,
> they don't know how to treat an animal). then I though i woudl try and
> find her a new home and that has kind of stalled really.
> i couldn;t put her into a shelter as she is so scaredy and timid that
> it woudl destroy her and as she is not very friendly to strangers she
> may not be picked by prospective pwners as she will not 'sell herself'
> very well being all timid and shy, so she is here for the foreseeable
> furture. She seems very happy with it all and has her bed and her
> little hideaway corners to snooze in and her bush to sit under in the
> garden so i don't wnat to go upsetting her with more upheaval.
>
> any pictures of shadowbear?
> bookie

Here's the best closeup of her(doesn't she have pretty eyes?):
http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear02.jpg and a full body shot(she
loves winter): http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear10.jpg and another
half closeup, where you see her 'freckles' on her snout:
http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear03.jpg

And we did put a notice up at the shelter about finding her just in case she
actually did get lost and wasn't abandoned, but no calls. So she's mine now
and **** whoever left a puppy in the cold rain/snow by railroad tracks in
the middle of winter.

Dave Whiley
June 20th 07, 07:35 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
> for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
> animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
> tired of this kind of thing.

A friend of mine has acquired four cats in this way, all of them obviously
former pets. Three just turned up one by one in her garden, looking thin
and hungry, and the fourth is the daughter of another cat who was not just
half-starved, but pregnant too. (This was in September, the vet reckoned
she was about a year old - so unspayed Christmas kitten gets pregnant and
then dumped?) She had to be re-homed because she *really* didn't get on
with any of the cats already resident.

I also get newsletters from a rescue centre regularly. In the latest one
they mention not one, but two stray cats who were microchipped, but when
they contacted the owners they "didn't want them back". Unbelieveable.

At least they're now living somewhere they're actually wanted.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Lilah Morgan
June 20th 07, 09:17 PM
"Dave Whiley" > wrote in message

> I also get newsletters from a rescue centre regularly. In the latest one
> they mention not one, but two stray cats who were microchipped, but when
> they contacted the owners they "didn't want them back". Unbelieveable.

The previous owners went through all the trouble of microchipping them and
didn't want them back? 'the ****?! I thought the whole point of
microchipping was to get your cat back if they ever got lost(when they get
found and checked for a chip).

bookie
June 21st 07, 01:10 AM
On 20 Jun, 19:17, "Lilah Morgan" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > yes terri the tortie was only supposed to be with us for a few weeks
> > until the previous owners came to their sense and returned my calls
> > and came to get her, but they didn't (I wouldnt give her back anyway,
> > they don't know how to treat an animal). then I though i woudl try and
> > find her a new home and that has kind of stalled really.
> > i couldn;t put her into a shelter as she is so scaredy and timid that
> > it woudl destroy her and as she is not very friendly to strangers she
> > may not be picked by prospective pwners as she will not 'sell herself'
> > very well being all timid and shy, so she is here for the foreseeable
> > furture. She seems very happy with it all and has her bed and her
> > little hideaway corners to snooze in and her bush to sit under in the
> > garden so i don't wnat to go upsetting her with more upheaval.
>
> > any pictures of shadowbear?
> > bookie
>
> Here's the best closeup of her(doesn't she have pretty eyes?):http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear02.jpgand a full body shot(she
> loves winter):http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear10.jpgand another
> half closeup, where you see her 'freckles' on her snout:http://www.roachsrealm.com/locus/Shadowbear03.jpg
>
> And we did put a notice up at the shelter about finding her just in case she
> actually did get lost and wasn't abandoned, but no calls. So she's mine now
> and **** whoever left a puppy in the cold rain/snow by railroad tracks in
> the middle of winter.

what a cutie, i bet she adores you, and I agree; **** the nasty sods
who abandoned her, I hope they get thrown out into the cold when they
are old and inconctinent by their families and see what it is liek to
be abandoned when they need love and help the most.

bookie
June 21st 07, 01:15 AM
On 20 Jun, 19:35, "Dave Whiley" <[email protected]
whiley.WOSSNAMEfreeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> > just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> > our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> > the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> > he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> > homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> > didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> > I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> > These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> > cannot live off berries and leaves. IMHO there should be large fines
> > for people doing this. I guess you can't expect people to be kind to
> > animals when they can't be kind to each other. I am just sick and
> > tired of this kind of thing.
>
> A friend of mine has acquired four cats in this way, all of them obviously
> former pets. Three just turned up one by one in her garden, looking thin
> and hungry, and the fourth is the daughter of another cat who was not just
> half-starved, but pregnant too. (This was in September, the vet reckoned
> she was about a year old - so unspayed Christmas kitten gets pregnant and
> then dumped?) She had to be re-homed because she *really* didn't get on
> with any of the cats already resident.
>
> I also get newsletters from a rescue centre regularly. In the latest one
> they mention not one, but two stray cats who were microchipped, but when
> they contacted the owners they "didn't want them back". Unbelieveable.
>
> At least they're now living somewhere they're actually wanted.
>
> --
> Dave
>
> not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

****ign ******s, I HATE the idea some cretins have thought that a
kitten is just a 'thing' to be given away as a gift at christmas and
then kept only for as long as it is cute then just thrown away when it
gets a bit bigger, just absolutely abominable the way some people
think and regard a precious life like that. tell you what why dont;
kidnap one of their kids, preferably a very young one who cannot fend
for itself, give to someone as a 'gift' and tell the recipient to just
throw it out with the trash when they get bored of it after a few
months, or it starts to get a bit needy or gets ill or too costly, see
how they like that eh? it is exactly the same thing, a life, treated
liek a throwaway toy, utterly despicable.
the whole thing just makes my blood boil with anger

Lilah Morgan
June 21st 07, 02:12 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> what a cutie, i bet she adores you, and I agree; **** the nasty sods
> who abandoned her, I hope they get thrown out into the cold when they
> are old and inconctinent by their families and see what it is liek to
> be abandoned when they need love and help the most.

Yep she's still my 'shadow'(as our other 2 dogs and Joxer are...I have been
tripped a few times). I always let her out with me when I'm doing yardwork,
cause she loves for me throw pinecones for her to catch(though in the winter
snowballs work too). She's quite good at catching them before they hit the
ground if I throw them so they are airborne long enough. She has no problem
jumping. Our neighbors are currently gone so I've been watering their stuff,
and I take her with me, and when I open the gate for her to go out with me,
she'll just jump the fence instead. She doesn't even really need a running
start, she's done it by being right in front of it. It's only like 3-4feet
tall though.

Ron Herfurth
June 21st 07, 07:47 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> cannot live off berries and leaves.

That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
rabbits and birds.
So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
ferals they hate so much.

June 22nd 07, 12:45 AM
On Jun 21, 11:47 am, "Ron Herfurth" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> > just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> > our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> > the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> > he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> > homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> > didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> > I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> > These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> > cannot live off berries and leaves.
>
> That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
> rabbits and birds.
> So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
> feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
> toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
> ferals they hate so much.

Yup! I agree, the problem is NOT the cats....it's the people. This
is all too typical in society today, we don't find solutions for
problems, we just bandaid them.

Well, we decided that this Saturday we are going to ring some
doorbells in the area to make sure that it does not belong to
someone. If that doesn't work, we take him/her to the vet and foster
him until we can find a good home. We found homes for plenty of cats
in the past.

You wouldn't believe some of the stories we have.....we found a home
for a declawed cat that was thrown out of an apartment in a house my
that was sold, found a home for a cat that was badly attacked hanging
around our house - someone dumped!, found a home for a cat that
someone dumped out of a condo when they moved out of.

Lilah Morgan
June 22nd 07, 02:10 AM
"Ron Herfurth" > wrote in message

> That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off
of
> rabbits and birds.
> So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
> feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their
hatred
> toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
> ferals they hate so much.

PETA has issues with feral cats? I thought they cared about all animals. At
our last place there was a feral stray, and when Joxer would go out in our
yard, he made friends with the feral. Eventually the feral would come into
my room to eat/drink. We moved before I was able to win the cat's trust
better, but I was making progress. Had been able to touch him/her a couple
times, but when we moved I tried to catch Mischief(turned about to be an
appropriate name, definite trouble causer, but not their fault, they're
wild), and they didn't appreciate it. Hadn't been living well off whatever
prey it could catch(was a small cat, even though it was full grown...about
half Joxer's size). It was Joxer who got Mischief to become slightly less
feral, because Mischief I'm sure wanted to know why Joxer was well fed and
such, so would follow Joxer into my room. I was careful to not move alot
when Mischief came in, because even after they got accustomed to my presence
in the room, still was quite skittish. Luckily my neighbors took to putting
food out for Mischief after I moved, which was a big relief to me. As for
PETA, I know their hearts are in the right place, but from what I've heard,
their execution of their ideals is waaaaaaaaaay off. Which makes it harder
for regular(as in 'nonactivist) animal lovers unfortunately, because people
will think you're like one of their more 'intense' members if you say you
support animal rights, and not give you as much credit for whatever it is
you're saying. And somewhere in between on and off topic and the randomness
in my head, I just remembered a conversation from Highway to Heaven(mom used
to watch that show all the time, and I might be paraphrasing some words
here, but the gist is the same):

Mark: I guess dog is really man's best friend after all.
Jonathan: Strange isn't it?
Mark: What?
Jonathan: You'd think man's best friend...would be man.

bookie
June 22nd 07, 02:51 AM
On 21 Jun, 19:47, "Ron Herfurth" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> > just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> > our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> > the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> > he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> > homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> > didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> > I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> > These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> > cannot live off berries and leaves.
>
> That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
> rabbits and birds.
> So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
> feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
> toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
> ferals they hate so much.

that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad

sheelagh
June 22nd 07, 05:53 PM
On 22 Jun, 02:51, bookie > wrote:
> On 21 Jun, 19:47, "Ron Herfurth" > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > >I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
> > > just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
> > > our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
> > > the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
> > > he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
> > > homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
> > > didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.
>
> > > I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
> > > These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
> > > cannot live off berries and leaves.
>
> > That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
> > rabbits and birds.
> > So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
> > feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
> > toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
> > ferals they hate so much.
>
> that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
> spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
> all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
> take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
> to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
> unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
> getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
> selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
> which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad- Hide quoted text -

Sadly very true indeed.
S.

bookie
June 23rd 07, 12:59 AM
On 22 Jun, 17:53, sheelagh > wrote:

> > ups.com...

> > > That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
> > > rabbits and birds.
> > > So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
> > > feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
> > > toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
> > > ferals they hate so much.
>
> > that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
> > spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
> > all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
> > take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
> > to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
> > unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
> > getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
> > selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
> > which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad- Hide quoted text -

> Sadly very true indeed.
> S.- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't mind so much if they dumped their unwanted cats in my
direction, I wouldn't mind having a whole pile of kitties to look
after and fuss over and spoil. Problem is I would not be able to
afford it and I know i would just keep them all and not bother finding
homes for them and we would be overrun quite soon and the kitties
woudl probably start being unhappy, but a houseful of purring furballs
is a nice fantasy to have for a while

sheelagh
June 23rd 07, 02:23 AM
On 23 Jun, 00:59, bookie > wrote:
> On 22 Jun, 17:53, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > ups.com...

> > > that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
> > > spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
> > > all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
> > > take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
> > > to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
> > > unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
> > > getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
> > > selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
> > > which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad- Hide quoted text -

> > Sadly very true indeed.
> > S.- Hide quoted text -

> I wouldn't mind so much if they dumped their unwanted cats in my
> direction, I wouldn't mind having a whole pile of kitties to look
> after and fuss over and spoil. Problem is I would not be able to
> afford it and I know i would just keep them all and not bother finding
> homes for them and we would be overrun quite soon and the kitties
> woudl probably start being unhappy, but a houseful of purring furballs
> is a nice fantasy to have for a while- Hide quoted text -

Tell me :o(

I have 2 Rescue kitten Ragdolls here, taken on by the Ragdoll rescue
association. Some idiot decided that they kooked cute, & bought them
from a kitten farm for 200 odd quid each ($400!!).. then took them
home only to find out that their American Pit bull terrier didn't feel
the same way about the little bundles as their humans did! ( it could
have been any breed of dog..But it just happened to be a Bit bull
BTW!)......

1: I can't imagine having that much money to waste.
2: How stupid can you get?
3: I can't keep every single kitty or cat that turns up here, or I
take in on behalf of all of the charities that I have offered to
foster kittens for either..?!!
4: I "already Know that we are head over heals in love with the pair
of them. But realistically speaking, I simply can't afford to have
anything major to go wrong again for us. I have already committed
ourselves to be slaves for 7 cats...to take on 2 more would be like
asking for trouble financially (possibly!!)

So I really do have to think hard and long about this one. Much as I
would love to keep them, they might be better off with families who
have the finances to lavish on them & keep them in a fashion that I
would like them to be adored with....

I have a few more weeks to think about this one because they are
around 6 weeks old. I won't allow them to leave us until they have had
their 1st injections done @ 12 weeks, & I've booked them in to be
spayed neutered too. I have a 1/2 price voucher to get them spayed &
neutered, which is a must if anyone takes them on board. It also means
finding Damned Good slaves to make their lives complete, rather than
the other way around.
1 is a seal Bi-Colour & the other is a mitted Blue little girl. Bandit
for the boy, & HRH Meepz for the female....
What a decision to make;o(
S;o)

sheelagh
June 23rd 07, 03:23 AM
On 23 Jun, 00:59, bookie > wrote:
> On 22 Jun, 17:53, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > ups.com...

> > > that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
> > > spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
> > > all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
> > > take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
> > > to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
> > > unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
> > > getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
> > > selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
> > > which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad- Hide quoted text -

> > Sadly very true indeed.
> > S.- Hide quoted text -

> I wouldn't mind so much if they dumped their unwanted cats in my
> direction, I wouldn't mind having a whole pile of kitties to look
> after and fuss over and spoil. Problem is I would not be able to
> afford it and I know i would just keep them all and not bother finding
> homes for them and we would be overrun quite soon and the kitties
> woudl probably start being unhappy, but a houseful of purring furballs
> is a nice fantasy to have for a while- Hide quoted text -

Here are a few photos of the kittens. I thought you might like to
meet them both. Bandit is the little male seal Bi-Colour kitty, & HRH
Meepz is the female Blue mitted kitty. I meant to post it with the
prior posting, but forgot to copy & paste the link to them. We think
that they are around 6-7 weeks old now. we got them around nearly 2
weeks now, so they are growing really fast & are starting to look like
cute kitty's now.

When they 1st arrived, they looked far too small to leave mummy, so
there were lots of kitty formula made and mixed with kitten food to
wean them as fast as was reasonably possible. Every time they see the
baking tray now, they shout their little heads off, thinking it is
dinner time!
I was a little concerned as to how all of our other cats were going to
react to the in the begining, but Belle was fine with them. Lilly
thought they were dreadful nuisance, & surprisingly, Taz, the seal
male has been keeping them under his paw. He has cared for them,
bathed them & protected them as well. it was all rather odd actually.
Lucy (fur!) just growled @ them, then scrambled upstairs as far away
from them as she could, & Ringo was delighted to have them to play
with.....
Mind you, all potty training has been down to Belle, who has done a
brilliant job with them. not a single accident so far. Wonderful, hey?

All we need now are the best slaves that I can find for them.
I am going to hate parting with them, but needs must I think. we still
have a few weeks to mull over the idea of it all....
I am enjoying having them though :o)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome

S;o)

bookie
June 24th 07, 01:35 AM
On 23 Jun, 03:23, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 23 Jun, 00:59, bookie > wrote:

> > > Sadly very true indeed.
> > > S.- Hide quoted text -

> > I wouldn't mind so much if they dumped their unwanted cats in my
> > direction, I wouldn't mind having a whole pile of kitties to look
> > after and fuss over and spoil. Problem is I would not be able to
> > afford it and I know i would just keep them all and not bother finding
> > homes for them and we would be overrun quite soon and the kitties
> > woudl probably start being unhappy, but a houseful of purring furballs
> > is a nice fantasy to have for a while- Hide quoted text -

> Here are a few photos of the kittens. I thought you might like to
> meet them both. Bandit is the little male seal Bi-Colour kitty, & HRH
> Meepz is the female Blue mitted kitty. I meant to post it with the
> prior posting, but forgot to copy & paste the link to them. We think
> that they are around 6-7 weeks old now. we got them around nearly 2
> weeks now, so they are growing really fast & are starting to look like
> cute kitty's now.
>
> When they 1st arrived, they looked far too small to leave mummy, so
> there were lots of kitty formula made and mixed with kitten food to
> wean them as fast as was reasonably possible. Every time they see the
> baking tray now, they shout their little heads off, thinking it is
> dinner time!
> I was a little concerned as to how all of our other cats were going to
> react to the in the begining, but Belle was fine with them. Lilly
> thought they were dreadful nuisance, & surprisingly, Taz, the seal
> male has been keeping them under his paw. He has cared for them,
> bathed them & protected them as well. it was all rather odd actually.
> Lucy (fur!) just growled @ them, then scrambled upstairs as far away
> from them as she could, & Ringo was delighted to have them to play
> with.....
> Mind you, all potty training has been down to Belle, who has done a
> brilliant job with them. not a single accident so far. Wonderful, hey?
>
> All we need now are the best slaves that I can find for them.
> I am going to hate parting with them, but needs must I think. we still
> have a few weeks to mull over the idea of it all....
> I am enjoying having them though :o)
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ToKeepOrToHome
>
> S;o)- Hide quoted text -

how the hell were they allowed to leave their mother at 6 weeks? that
is just outrageous! untterly reprehensible to snatch the poor little
mites away form the ir mum so early when they need her the most,
utterly disgusting.
there really should be some sort fo law banning kittens and pups being
separated fomr their mums until at least 12 weeks of age, and it was
irresponsible fo the original owners to have taken them so yourng too
(but then from what you describe they don't seem to bright anyway,
what the hell did they really think their pit bull was going to make
of these little balls of fluff anyway? cretins).
great though that they did come to you and have a surrogate mum and
dad inthe shape of belle and taz, bless them, stories liek this just
break my heart and I wish i could give them a home but jessie would
not hear of more intruders in her house.

i do hope you find them a good new home and perfect slaves, they
didn;t ask for this dreadful start in life which must have been so
upsetting and disruptive for them with all the upheaval, poor little
mites

purrs and hugs to the little angels, bookie