PDA

View Full Version : my CAT

David Mooney
June 20th 07, 01:51 PM
Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my cats
next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half way
between the two applications, isn't this true?

Thanks,
David M

cindys
June 20th 07, 03:55 PM
"David Mooney" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my
> cats next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half
> way between the two applications, isn't this true?
--------
Why do you say that, David? The medication is absorbed through the skin. I
had a flea situation last year. The vet gave me tubes of Revolution to be
used once a month for three months. Nothing was ever mentioned about giving
the cats a bath. As you know, cats bathe themselves.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

AZ Nomad
June 21st 07, 12:58 AM
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:51:16 -0400, David Mooney > wrote:

>Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my cats
>next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half way
>between the two applications, isn't this true?

>Thanks,
>David M

What the hell are you talking about?
Maybe you should mention what kind of medicine you're talking about.
Flea medicine? Insulin shots?

Matthew
June 21st 07, 01:23 AM
"David Mooney" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my
> cats next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half
> way between the two applications, isn't this true?
>
> Thanks,
> David M
David I know you are a newbie so some very friendly advice. You got to
be more detailed when you are describing a problem. WE are not there to know
what you are talking about and only have what your are typing to go one

There is a phrase that I always remember "words have no meaning without a
voice to show you the way"

MaryL
June 21st 07, 01:42 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "David Mooney" > wrote in message
>> Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my
>> cats next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half
>> way between the two applications, isn't this true?
> --------
> Why do you say that, David? The medication is absorbed through the skin. I
> had a flea situation last year. The vet gave me tubes of Revolution to be
> used once a month for three months. Nothing was ever mentioned about
> giving the cats a bath. As you know, cats bathe themselves.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

As a matter of fact, I noticed a sign in my vet's office the last time I was
there. It said not to use shampoo that contained soap or detergent if we
use Advantage, Revolution, etc. because some would be washed off and
effectiveness would be diminished.

MaryL

cindys
June 21st 07, 01:42 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "David Mooney" > wrote in message
>> Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my
>> cats next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half
>> way between the two applications, isn't this true?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David M
> David I know you are a newbie so some very friendly advice. You got to
> be more detailed when you are describing a problem. WE are not there to
> know what you are talking about and only have what your typing to go one
--------
He very recently posted that his cats were having a flea problem, and he was
asking for advice on flea treatment.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> There is a phrase that I always remember "words have no meaning without a
> voice to show you the way"

Matthew
June 21st 07, 01:50 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "David Mooney" > wrote in message
>>> Hello, I have 4 cats and I have 4 vials of medicine that I will give my
>>> cats next month. I need to bathe my cats well in soapy water about half
>>> way between the two applications, isn't this true?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> David M
>> David I know you are a newbie so some very friendly advice. You got
>> to be more detailed when you are describing a problem. WE are not there
>> to know what you are talking about and only have what your typing to go
>> one
> --------
> He very recently posted that his cats were having a flea problem, and he
> was asking for advice on flea treatment.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>>
>> There is a phrase that I always remember "words have no meaning without
>> a voice to show you the way"

I meant no harm on it if it sounded bad. Just was not sure what he was
getting at like another person stated

David Mooney
June 21st 07, 07:15 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cindys" > wrote in message

>>> David I know you are a newbie so some very friendly advice. You got
>>> to be more detailed when you are describing a problem. WE are not there
>>> to know what you are talking about and only have what your typing to go
>>> one
>> --------
>> He very recently posted that his cats were having a flea problem, and he
>> was asking for advice on flea treatment.
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>>>
>>> There is a phrase that I always remember "words have no meaning without
>>> a voice to show you the way"
>>>
> I meant no harm on it if it sounded bad. Just was not sure what he was
> getting at like another person stated
DAVID LEE
Hi everyone. I was told that the cat needed oily skin for the the Frontline
application and if I bathed him too soon it would not be as effectual. I
was also told if you bathed him too soon after the aqpplication it wouldn't
work the rast of the month. I have bathed only one cat in my whole life and
I have four of them. The 11-week old cat was flea ridden and so i bathed
him in soapy water and he didn't seem to mind at all. But there were scores
of dead fleas on his coat when we pulled him out of the water. The next day
my frontline arrived and I applied it to clean skin, which I was later told
by my vet would diminish it's effectivenes. The cat needs certain oils to be
present when I apply frontline for it to work more effectually.
Thanks eveyone for their input,

David Lee

cindys
June 21st 07, 02:49 PM
"David Mooney" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message

>>> --------
>>> He very recently posted that his cats were having a flea problem, and he
>>> was asking for advice on flea treatment.
>>> Best regards,
>>> ---Cindy S.

>> I meant no harm on it if it sounded bad. Just was not sure what he was
>> getting at like another person stated
> DAVID LEE
> Hi everyone. I was told that the cat needed oily skin for the the
> Frontline application and if I bathed him too soon it would not be as
> effectual. I was also told if you bathed him too soon after the
> aqpplication it wouldn't work the rast of the month. I have bathed only
> one cat in my whole life and I have four of them. The 11-week old cat was
> flea ridden and so i bathed him in soapy water and he didn't seem to mind
> at all. But there were scores of dead fleas on his coat when we pulled him
> out of the water. The next day my frontline arrived and I applied it to
> clean skin, which I was later told by my vet would diminish it's
> effectivenes. The cat needs certain oils to be present when I apply
> frontline for it to work more effectually.
> Thanks eveyone for their input,
--------
I think your best bet is not to bathe him at all. Let the medicine do the
work of killing the fleas. Maybe just comb out the dead fleas rather than
trying to wash them out.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Clive Sherriff
June 23rd 07, 09:59 PM
I'm afraid the idea of bathing a cat seems somewhat
radical unless there is a good medical need, or it is
too old to wash itself - even then only a damp cloth
rub and comb is sufficient. Cats clean themselves
perfectly well. Combing though is fine.

For most cats - if you must be bathing them - be
sure to have suitable medical equipment and
trained aid standing by. Wearing a leather apron,
face mask and welding gloves may help in reducing
your need for these services, but probably not
eliminate the need.

Tongs will also help <G>

Clive