PDA

View Full Version : ****Please help....Sick cat!!!!!

June 22nd 07, 12:49 AM
Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

Gail
June 22nd 07, 01:01 AM
Have the cat see another vet ASAP.
Gail
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
> and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
> eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
> all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
> pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

bookie
June 22nd 07, 01:30 PM
On 22 Jun, 00:49, wrote:
> Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
> and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
> eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
> all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
> pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

how long has this been going on and is the cat living in a particular
spot on its body all the time? if so where exactly?
is it urinating and defaecating normally as before?

sheelagh
June 22nd 07, 04:34 PM
On 22 Jun, 00:49, wrote:
> Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
> and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
> eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
> all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
> pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

Find a competent vet, the one you are using is not worth the fee you
are paying obviously. I wouldn't take " I don''t know" for an answer.
If he she doesn't know, then they should be referring you to someone
who does know better.
Keep trying, and you will find the right vet...The vet that tells you
that they won't stop until the have an answer is the right vet.

Good Luck & let us know how you got one please?